Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Source: Dallas Cowboys discuss deal for Pacman Jones (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=22965)

hesscl34 03-22-2008 09:34 PM

Re: Source: Dallas Cowboys discuss deal for Pacman Jones

[quote=mooby;434021]Well there's always the small chance that he comes back and isn't the same player as before. I'm saying this because people that have been away and not practicing from the game come back and don't always adjust well, i.e. Jamal Lewis after he served his 4 month prison term. And besides, who's to say Goodell is gonna reinstate him? He could suspend him for another season just to prove his point.[/quote]

[COLOR=black]I think there needs to be some level of responsibility to the public here. There are so many young kids growing up playing sports and seeing these guys as their heroes. Do really want them thinking "well, if I screw up bad I can still come back and make it based on my talent alone?" .. In my opinion, I think the NFL needs to lock this kind of behavior up and ban these guys.[/COLOR]

HOGS"WILD"FAN7TY7 03-23-2008 12:12 AM

Well we need to jump all over this. If we can sign him cheap it will be worth it. People can change. Rodger and Smoot need help out there. I never liked springs. He has been burnt too many times...

We also need a OT.!!! bad.... Watch the Seattle game in the playoffs. Who got beat all day long and put a beating on collins. We never had time to throw the ball. Heir is a good backup but our original starters when not hurt are getting old... We need a OLineman that can handle fast speed rushers....

All in all, focus on cornerback and a defensive line man (DE/Tackle) and most importantly an OT / OG that can play both....we have depth at linebacker... blades is kick butt good.. We can pick up another safety and focus on OL/DL/WR pickup pacman and we will be good to go for the superbowl :)

Tha Posse 03-23-2008 12:37 AM

You never liked Springs. What don't you like about him exactly? Dallas can sell there soul and get this idiot if they want, who cares!

ArcticRed 03-23-2008 01:43 AM

I say use a 5th and given him a chance. Make it clear if he screws up in the slightest, we will let him join Lawrence Phillips on the unemployment line.

And dont get me started on the OL in the Seattle game! :madani:

lwiedy 03-23-2008 05:36 AM

[QUOTE=dmek25;433986]attitude issues aside, he is easily worth the gamble of a 5th round pick. if he suddenly "gets" it, could be a pro bowler. the boy can flat out ball. just needs to grow up alittle. some grow up faster then others. on the other hand, if he never matures, all that is lost is a late round draft pick.[/QUOTE]

Talent issues aside, Heath Shuler was the greatest QB in 'Skins history.

SeanTaylor21 03-23-2008 10:39 AM

I wouldn't give up any less than a fifth rounder for him, or if he really showed that he has changed I would give a fourth rounder for him but nothing more.

Stuck in TX 03-23-2008 11:49 AM

we should trade picks for players, not prepositions (IF).

dmek25 03-23-2008 11:51 AM

[quote=lwiedy;434047]Talent issues aside, Heath Shuler was the greatest QB in 'Skins history.[/quote]
huh?

Stuck in TX 03-23-2008 11:54 AM

[QUOTE=dmek25;434068]huh?[/QUOTE]

I think he meant [I]congressman[/I].

riggins44 03-23-2008 11:55 AM

I see where Pacman wants to play for New England. The guy is all about the limelight.
He just has too many issues, even for a low round pick. The kid needs the Comish to
reinstate him, so IF he was smart he would keep his mouth shut. He just needs to take whatever opportunity is afforded.

IRISHSKIN24 03-23-2008 05:45 PM

This is why i HATE the Cowboys... always looking for skills/talent AND THEN character.
+ Jerry Jones thinks he can control these thugs, when all he is doing is giving gangsters a pat on the back and a fat paycheck.I'm just glad to see he's helping the NFL's image while simultanously giving fans A-W-E-S-O-M-E role models.LOL

lwiedy 03-24-2008 12:42 AM

[QUOTE=dmek25;434068]huh?[/QUOTE]

I really didn't think this was going to need translation, but saying "attitude issues aside" with Jones is just as ridiculous as saying other than the fact that Shuler sucked, he was a great QB.

Attitude issues have been the central theme in the professional career of this guy, to discuss him with "attitude issues aside" would be nonsensical considering the only reason he is available in the first place is because of ATTITUDE ISSUES.

Stuck in TX 03-24-2008 12:48 AM

[QUOTE=lwiedy;434096]I really didn't think this was going to need translation, but saying "attitude issues aside" with Jones is just as ridiculous as saying other than the fact that Shuler sucked, he was a great QB.

Attitude issues have been the central theme in the professional career of this guy, to discuss him with "attitude issues aside" would be nonsensical considering the only reason he is available in the first place is because of ATTITUDE ISSUES.[/QUOTE]

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... gotcha.

dmek25 03-24-2008 07:31 AM

[quote=lwiedy;434096]I really didn't think this was going to need translation, but saying "attitude issues aside" with Jones is just as ridiculous as saying other than the fact that Shuler sucked, he was a great QB.

Attitude issues have been the central theme in the professional career of this guy, to discuss him with "attitude issues aside" would be nonsensical considering the only reason he is available in the first place is because of ATTITUDE ISSUES.[/quote]
let me ask you something. can Adam Jones change his attitude? or for that matter, can anyone change their attitude? this has been done a million times over. especially when big money is involved. now, part 2 to the question. could Heath Shuler turn into a pro bowl quarterback? i don't think so. you only have so much talent to work with. no matter how hard he worked, he would have mediocre, at best. this was a very dumb analogy. and right now, if Jones would get his head on straight, he would easily be the best corner on the redskins

SmootSmack 03-24-2008 03:02 PM

Looks like Pac Man may be reinstated in the next couple of weeks according to Clayton