Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Beer: Can, Bottle or Tap? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=23041)

724Skinsfan 03-31-2008 09:05 PM

Re: Beer: Can, Bottle or Tap?

I guess I prefer bottle-->tap---can but I usually don't complain about receiving beer in any type of delivery vessel. I will shamefully admit that I drank four simple Bud Light cans last night over a 3 hour period and woke up with a killer hangover. I have yet to look at myself in the mirror...

HGale 03-31-2008 09:10 PM

[QUOTE=DynamiteRave;436045]I can't say I've ever had beer out of a keg and I'm a college student. I like the bottle. Canned beer is okay with me too. I'm no beer expert... this coming from the chick that actually likes Milwaukee's Best (Apparently thats a shitty beer?)[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding? In college and never drank off a keg of beer? Is it some sort of online institution, say the University of Phoenix or something? Strange, very very strange. I thought that was a mandatory thing at most schools.

MTK 03-31-2008 09:12 PM

Kegs and college go together like classes and college. I mean c'mon, you can't have one without the other, right?

GMScud 03-31-2008 09:35 PM

[quote=EternalEnigma21;436036]For some reason most keg beer gives me a raging headache...[/quote]

Maybe it's the CO2 they use as "propulsion" for the taps? I don't know, but it gives me a bad hangover too.

I definitely prefer bottle, but I like draft too. Cans, not so much.

EternalEnigma21 03-31-2008 09:52 PM

[quote=DynamiteRave;436045]I can't say I've ever had beer out of a keg and I'm a college student. I like the bottle. Canned beer is okay with me too. I'm no beer expert... this coming from the chick that actually likes Milwaukee's Best (Apparently thats a shitty beer?)[/quote]

yes that is shitty beer... but you're in college and shitty beer is a right of passage for college age kids and rednecks around the country. I stopped drinking beer just to get trashed and really enjoy having 2 beers in the evening to sort of unwind... kinda like an anti-coffee... I still get trashed from time to time, mind you, but the taste of a beer is much more important to me than it used to be.

EternalEnigma21 03-31-2008 09:53 PM

[quote=HGale;436051]Are you kidding? In college and never drank off a keg of beer? Is it some sort of online institution, say the University of Phoenix or something? Strange, very very strange. I thought that was a mandatory thing at most schools.[/quote]

I had some killer parties at the university of phoenix online!

SeanTaylor21 03-31-2008 09:55 PM

[QUOTE=EternalEnigma21;436076]I had some killer parties at the university of phoenix online![/QUOTE]

Did you know they got one of them in Reston, Phoniex is way across the country, and they have one in VA, whats up with that.

GMScud 03-31-2008 09:58 PM

[quote=EternalEnigma21;436074]yes that is shitty beer... but you're in college and shitty beer is a right of passage for college age kids and rednecks around the country. I stopped drinking beer just to get trashed and really enjoy having 2 beers in the evening to sort of unwind... kinda like an anti-coffee... I still get trashed from time to time, mind you, but the taste of a beer is much more important to me than it used to be.[/quote]

I hear that. I still like to have 14 miller lite bottles in one sitting from time to time, but usually I like to just sip on a few Sierra Nevada pale ales or Amstel Lights.

KLHJ2 04-01-2008 07:42 AM

[yt]hEWcKA45UGI[/yt]

My beer only comes in a bottle and I wouldn't have it any other way.

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-01-2008 07:50 AM

bottle always the bottle

offfiss 04-01-2008 08:42 AM

I like cans. If you cut a hole on the opposite side of the pour hole you can really slug em down quick. Plus I like to crush them against my head after.

riggins44 04-01-2008 08:47 AM

I like my beer out of a bottle or tap. Not a big fan of cans, but won't turn it down if only thing available.

Prefer a dark beer. When make beer usually make a red or a bock. I enjoy trying different beers when the wife and I are out. Will normally order a draft first.

BDBohnzie 04-01-2008 04:42 PM

The only beer that is can-preferred over bottles is Guinness draft...

For the most part, Draft > Bottle > Can. I won't say keg because I actually prefer something along the lines of Miller Lite or Bud out of the bottle before the keg. Lighter beers like that almost all taste the same out of the keg. To me at least...

BleedBurgundy 04-01-2008 05:06 PM

Like others have said, only beer that's good out of the can is Guiness. Anything else has that metallic "tinny" taste that I can't stand. I've always preferred bottle but lately tap'd has been growing on me.

As an aside, last august I had the chance to go to Munich for my honeymoon and I took every brewery tour I could sign up for. An amazing time. Wheat beer has been my thing ever since.

Warpath 04-01-2008 05:30 PM

[QUOTE=SeanTaylor21;436077]Did you know they got one of them in Reston, Phoniex is way across the country, and they have one in VA, whats up with that.[/QUOTE]

The Uni of Phoenix is ONLY online. There is no actual campus, and on that note the Uni of Phoenix stadium where the SuperBowl was played-well the Uni of Phoenix bought the rights to it just like Fedex did here. Theres no school and no team(Uni of Phoenix wise) that plays there.