Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   footage on anthony mix? (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/23076-footage-on-anthony-mix.html)

Meks 04-02-2008 05:16 PM

footage on anthony mix?

can anyone find NE? ... i'm havin a hard time myself.

GMScud 04-02-2008 06:35 PM

Re: footage on anthony mix?

[quote=Meks;436834]can anyone find NE? ... i'm havin a hard time myself.[/quote]

Probably because he has three total catches in three seasons in the NFL, and at Auburn his best season was 23 catches for less than 300 yards.

Yet another reason I shake my head at how badly much of the fan base is slurping this dude.

Meks 04-02-2008 06:44 PM

im not sold on him.

RobH4413 04-02-2008 06:46 PM

Only thing I could find so far...

[YT]PDKmVWXdyME[/YT]

GMScud 04-02-2008 07:01 PM

That's funny, the only footage anyone can find of him is from someone's cell phone camcorder during a pre-season game.

I'm negative about the whole Mix thing. And I hope people around here don't think it's just for the sake of being negative. I just think it's totally absurd to have so much faith, and frankly so much blind optimism in a dude who has done exactly nothing in the NFL and very little in college.

I've said this before - I would love for the guy to pan out and become a big contributor to this team. But the chances are slim, and to stand pat at WR simply because we have him on the roster is just plain dumb.

Meks 04-02-2008 07:08 PM

^ agreed.... sure give him a shot, and work on improving him - cuz size and althleticism is what he DOES have... hands so i hear to, but yea, blind faith is obsurd, work with the guy, maybe he becomes a solid 3 or 4 or both in rotation..

drafting marcus monk or jordy nelson i still feel is needed.

J.Campbell 04-02-2008 07:29 PM

[QUOTE=GMScud;436866]That's funny, the only footage anyone can find of him is from someone's cell phone camcorder during a pre-season game.

I'm negative about the whole Mix thing. And I hope people around here don't think it's just for the sake of being negative. I just think it's totally absurd to have so much faith, and frankly so much blind optimism in a dude who has done exactly nothing in the NFL and very little in college.

I've said this before - I would love for the guy to pan out and become a big contributor to this team. But the chances are slim, and to stand pat at WR simply because we have him on the roster is just plain dumb.[/QUOTE]

Well...I just say give him a shot in preseason and if he is a bust then we are moving on.

XXVI 04-02-2008 07:29 PM

[quote=Meks;436867]^ agreed.... sure give him a shot, and work on improving him - cuz size and althleticism is what he DOES have... hands so i hear to, but yea, blind faith is obsurd, work with the guy, maybe he becomes a solid 3 or 4 or both in rotation..

drafting marcus monk or jordy nelson i still feel is needed.[/quote]

Manningham. Monk, is Junk.

GMScud 04-02-2008 07:35 PM

[quote=Meks;436867]^ agreed.... sure give him a shot, and work on improving him - cuz size and althleticism is what he DOES have... hands so i hear to, but yea, blind faith is obsurd, work with the guy, maybe he becomes a solid 3 or 4 or both in rotation..

[B] drafting marcus monk[/B] or jordy nelson i still feel is needed.[/quote]

He's projected as a 6th rounder at best, more likely 7th round. I wouldn't say drafting him is necessarily needed, but it could be interesting, as long as we don't reach for him. Besides, and I said this in another thread, we already have Marcus Monk. His name is Anthony Mix.

Meks 04-02-2008 07:38 PM

touche.

Redskins8588 04-02-2008 08:18 PM

[QUOTE=J.Campbell;436868]Well...I just say give him a shot in preseason and if he is a bust then we are moving on.[/QUOTE]

Ok, lets give him a shot in pre-season and find out that he is a bust, but exactly who do we move on with?

riggoraider 04-02-2008 10:11 PM

[quote=Redskins8588;436880]Ok, lets give him a shot in pre-season and find out that he is a bust, but exactly who do we move on with?[/quote]

This is so true...you can't go into the season needing a big WR and try to bank on one who has done nothing anywhere since high school. It really doesn't make sense.

Mattyk 04-03-2008 08:30 AM

Wow, it's been a while since our last Mix thread. LOL

But seriously, people need to chill a bit. Just because some people are optimistic about seeing what he can do does not mean that they have blind faith or are banking on Mix to be the next superstar WR. Sometimes optimism is just optimism. I'm looking forward to seeing what he's capable of too.

hooskins 04-03-2008 03:04 PM

Yo tambien. All I have been saying is that even excluding that extremely lucky special teams play in Seattle, he has been around the ball on teams and he is working. hell I didnt know who Mix was until the latter half of the season, but I started noticed him because he was making plays.