Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   McCain: pathetic, phony hypocrite (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=23102)

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 04-06-2008 10:29 AM

Re: McCain: pathetic, phony hypocrite

[QUOTE=Oakland Red;437829]I guess that you weigh what is discussed in the article differently than I do, Sheriff. To you, it is par for the course for a politician. For me, it belies the very image of being a "principled politician" that many have had of him.[/QUOTE]

Name me one principled politician and I'll knock him/her down as you have done with McCain. My guess is you only see the "double talk" when it comes to the GOP and do your best to explain away the Dems' inconsistencies. That you are surprised that McCain, with his multi-decade long years of service, and his record can be picked apart is kind of silly. By the way, you never clarified if you are Shane or his twin brother.

Oakland Red 04-06-2008 11:00 AM

You know what I found interesting is that no one has been able to make any points in favor of McCain on this board. People respond in various ways - discounting the source of the message, claiming all politicians are the same (so I guess one can never point out anything about any politician, since they are all the same?), and now engaging in an attack on me.

Don't worry Mr. Schneed, I won't point out any more facts about his record.

[quote=Schneed10;437840]Oakland Red, based on my non-moderator interpretation of the forum guidelines, you're starting to break them. It's clear that your intentions here are to spam the board with anti-McCain rhetoric.

It'd be one thing if you were going to (or even capable) of making your own points about McCain, but you continue to simply post second-hand information.

I'd prefer that you either got to actually discussing things yourself, or that the mods lock this lame thread down.[/quote]

Oakland Red 04-06-2008 11:10 AM

You are a [I]moderator[/I]?

Which definition of the meaning of "to moderate" are you following?

[quote=Sheriff Gonna Getcha;437849]Name me one principled politician and I'll knock him/her down as you have done with McCain. My guess is you only see the "double talk" when it comes to the GOP and do your best to explain away the Dems' inconsistencies. That you are surprised that McCain, with his multi-decade long years of service, and his record can be picked apart is kind of silly. By the way, you never clarified if you are Shane or his twin brother.[/quote]

Schneed10 04-06-2008 11:13 AM

[quote=Oakland Red;437856]You are a [I]moderator[/I]?

Which definition of "moderate" are you following?

mod·er·ate [IMG]http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png[/IMG] [URL="http://dictionary.reference.com/audio.html/lunaWAV/M05/M0519200"][IMG]http://cache.lexico.com/g/d/speaker.gif[/IMG][/URL] [URL="http://dictionary.reference.com/help/audio.html"]Audio Help[/URL] /adj., n. ˈmɒd[IMG]http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png[/IMG]ər[IMG]http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png[/IMG]ɪt, ˈmɒd[IMG]http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png[/IMG]rɪt; v. ˈmɒd[IMG]http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png[/IMG]əˌreɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[adj., n. [B]mod[/B]-er-it, [B]mod[/B]-rit; v. [B]mod[/B]-[I]uh[/I]-reyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, noun, verb, -at·ed, -at·ing. –adjective 1.kept or keeping within reasonable or proper limits; not extreme, excessive, or intense: a moderate price. 2.of medium quantity, extent, or amount: a moderate income. 3.mediocre or fair: moderate talent. 4.calm or mild, as of the weather. 5.of or pertaining to moderates, as in politics or religion. –noun 6.a person who is moderate in opinion or opposed to extreme views and actions, esp. in politics or religion. 7.(usually initial capital letter[IMG]http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png[/IMG]) a member of a political party advocating moderate reform. –verb (used with object) 8.to reduce the excessiveness of; make less violent, severe, intense, or rigorous: to moderate the sharpness of one's words. 9.to preside over or at (a public forum, meeting, discussion, etc.). –verb (used without object) 10.to become less violent, severe, intense, or rigorous. 11.to act as moderator; preside.[/quote]

Dude what the hell are you talking about?

FRPLG 04-06-2008 12:18 PM

[QUOTE=Oakland Red;437856]You are a [I]moderator[/I]?

Which definition of the meaning of "to moderate" are you following?[/QUOTE]

On this board our moderators are allowed to have opinions and don't simply serve as life guards. We have many political discussions on this board and many of them become somewhat heated but never have I seen such a one sided bozo like you.

70Chip 04-06-2008 08:45 PM

Move On is in the house. The same Move On that took out a (discounted) add in the New York Times to defame General Petraus has turned its sights on John McCain. The left is looking at the polls and realizing that this isn't going to be the cakewalk they expected. If McCain somehow manges a victory it will be fun watching them all go over the edge.

SmootSmack 04-06-2008 10:54 PM

This could be a good thread. But Oakland Red got it off to a lousy start with his idiotic title, and continued its downfall with his inability to explain how inconsistencies with other candidates isn't apparently noteworthy, and further weakened it with his lame attack on SGG.

But I'll keep it open a little bit longer (unless another mod wants to lock) to give Oakland Red a chance to redeem himself and apologize to SGG.

SmootSmack 04-07-2008 02:56 AM

[QUOTE=Oakland Red;437829]I guess that you weigh what is discussed in the article differently than I do, Sheriff. To you, it is par for the course for a politician. For me, it belies the very image of being a "principled politician" that many have had of him.

I think it is very important to know exactly what we are getting when we vote for a president. When Bush was running for example, he made many lies about himself, including how he was "not interested in nation building."

I just got this in my email box tonight about McCain:

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2][B]10 things you should know about John McCain (but probably don't):[/B] [/SIZE]

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2]1. John McCain voted against establishing a national holiday in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Now he says his position has "evolved," yet he's continued to oppose key civil rights laws.1[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2]2. According to Bloomberg News, McCain is more hawkish than Bush on Iraq, Russia and China. Conservative columnist Pat Buchanan says McCain "will make Cheney look like Gandhi."2[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2]3. His reputation is built on his opposition to torture, but McCain voted against a bill to ban waterboarding, and then applauded President Bush for vetoing that ban.3 [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2]4. McCain opposes a woman's right to choose. He said, "I do not support Roe versus Wade. It should be overturned."4 [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2]5. The Children's Defense Fund rated McCain as the worst senator in Congress for children. He voted against the children's health care bill last year, then defended Bush's veto of the bill.5 [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2]6. He's one of the richest people in a Senate filled with millionaires. The Associated Press reports he and his wife own at least eight homes! Yet McCain says the solution to the housing crisis is for people facing foreclosure to get a "second job" and skip their vacations.6 [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]
[SIZE=2]7. Many of McCain's fellow Republican senators say he's too reckless to be commander in chief. One Republican senator said: "The thought of his being president sends a cold chill down my spine. He's erratic. He's hotheaded. He loses his temper and he worries me."7 [/SIZE]

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2]8. McCain talks a lot about taking on special interests, but his campaign manager and top advisers are actually lobbyists. The government watchdog group Public Citizen says McCain has 59 lobbyists raising money for his campaign, more than any of the other presidential candidates.8[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2]9. McCain has sought closer ties to the extreme religious right in recent years. The pastor McCain calls his "spiritual guide," Rod Parsley, believes America's founding mission is to destroy Islam, which he calls a "false religion." McCain sought the political support of right-wing preacher John Hagee, who believes Hurricane Katrina was God's punishment for gay rights and called the Catholic Church "the Antichrist" and a "false cult."9 [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2]10. He positions himself as pro-environment, but he scored a 0—yes, zero—from the League of Conservation Voters last year.10[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2]John McCain is not who the Washington press corps make him out to be. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]-- From MoveOn.org[/FONT][/QUOTE]

This "email" is, to be blunt, stupid and insulting. It makes it seem as if McCain and the Washington media are trying to hide things about him.

But if you've been paying any attention over the last year (if nothing more) then you already know McCain is anti-abortion, a war hawk, wealthy (married into a wealthy family), short-tempered, had a poor voting record according to the LCV (did a 41% the previous year and compared to other fellow party nominees stands out, though still not where he probably should be), and perhaps more.

It's one thing to disagree with his stances and record. It's quite another to act like these are all huge secrets that McCain and the press are conspiring to keep from the public. Quite frankly, if you weren't aware of most of these things than you have no business commenting.

12thMan 04-07-2008 08:04 AM

[quote=70Chip;437904]Move On is in the house. The same Move On that took out a (discounted) add in the New York Times to defame General Petraus has turned its sights on John McCain. The left is looking at the polls and realizing that this isn't going to be the cakewalk they expected. If McCain somehow manges a victory it will be fun watching them all go over the edge.[/quote]

You're right 70, this election won't be a cakewalk. I actually like the fact that McCain appeals to the Indie voter - it will make for a more interesting race. But if we (left) do for some God awful reason lose, nobody's going over the edge:)

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 04-07-2008 10:34 AM

[QUOTE=Oakland Red;437856]You are a [I]moderator[/I]?

Which definition of the meaning of "to moderate" are you following?[/QUOTE]

I don't have to check my opinions at the door just because I am a mod. Also, what did I do that was so offensive?

cpayne5 04-07-2008 10:46 AM

[QUOTE=Sheriff Gonna Getcha;438002]I don't have to check my opinions at the door just because I am a mod. Also, what did I do that was so offensive?[/QUOTE]

Oppose him.

firstdown 04-07-2008 11:03 AM

[quote=Oakland Red;437829]I guess that you weigh what is discussed in the article differently than I do, Sheriff. To you, it is par for the course for a politician. For me, it belies the very image of being a "principled politician" that many have had of him.

I think it is very important to know exactly what we are getting when we vote for a president. When Bush was running for example, he made many lies about himself, including how he was "not interested in nation building."

I just got this in my email box tonight about McCain:

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2][B]10 things you should know about John McCain (but probably don't):[/B] [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2]1. John McCain voted against establishing a national holiday in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Now he says his position has "evolved," yet he's continued to oppose key civil rights laws.1[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2]2. According to Bloomberg News, McCain is more hawkish than Bush on Iraq, Russia and China. Conservative columnist Pat Buchanan says McCain "will make Cheney look like Gandhi."2[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2]3. His reputation is built on his opposition to torture, but McCain voted against a bill to ban waterboarding, and then applauded President Bush for vetoing that ban.3 [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2]4. McCain opposes a woman's right to choose. He said, "I do not support Roe versus Wade. It should be overturned."4 [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2]5. The Children's Defense Fund rated McCain as the worst senator in Congress for children. He voted against the children's health care bill last year, then defended Bush's veto of the bill.5 [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2]6. He's one of the richest people in a Senate filled with millionaires. The Associated Press reports he and his wife own at least eight homes! Yet McCain says the solution to the housing crisis is for people facing foreclosure to get a "second job" and skip their vacations.6 [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2]7. Many of McCain's fellow Republican senators say he's too reckless to be commander in chief. One Republican senator said: "The thought of his being president sends a cold chill down my spine. He's erratic. He's hotheaded. He loses his temper and he worries me."7 [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2]8. McCain talks a lot about taking on special interests, but his campaign manager and top advisers are actually lobbyists. The government watchdog group Public Citizen says McCain has 59 lobbyists raising money for his campaign, more than any of the other presidential candidates.8[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2]9. McCain has sought closer ties to the extreme religious right in recent years. The pastor McCain calls his "spiritual guide," Rod Parsley, believes America's founding mission is to destroy Islam, which he calls a "false religion." McCain sought the political support of right-wing preacher John Hagee, who believes Hurricane Katrina was God's punishment for gay rights and called the Catholic Church "the Antichrist" and a "false cult."9 [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2]10. He positions himself as pro-environment, but he scored a 0—yes, zero—from the League of Conservation Voters last year.10[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][SIZE=2]John McCain is not who the Washington press corps make him out to be. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]-- From MoveOn.org[/FONT][/quote]
This is from moveon.org great source. Thats like using something from Rush Lim. about the Clinton's.

12thMan 04-07-2008 11:04 AM

I have a question. Anyone can fire away.

Why is it that if a person is supporting they're candidate of choice, the other candidate is automatically evil, inept, and corrupt? Why aren't Republicans open to the possibility that a Democrat knows how to run the country and vice-versa.

We've had good and bad Presidents from both parties, haven't we? I just can't understand it.

I'm in no way suggesting that everyone suddenly turn into an Independent voter, but why is it that the 'other' guy has to be trashed all the time? I hate that.

MTK 04-07-2008 11:05 AM

New rule: Negative rep points to anyone who uses the lame excuse of moderators aren't supposed to have opinions.

12thMan 04-07-2008 11:07 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;438013]New rule: Negative rep points to anyone who uses the lame excuse of moderators aren't supposed to have opinions.[/quote]

I like that rule.

How about this one..negative points for anyone accusing another member of kissing up to a Mod because they agreed with him/her?