Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Other Sports (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Official Capitals vs Flyers Playoff Thread (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=23128)

steveo395 04-07-2008 08:24 PM

Re: Official Capitals vs Flyers Playoff Thread

Go Flyers... they have the most 20-goal scorers in the league

Redskins8588 04-07-2008 09:02 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfan_nn;438159]It's only "LUCKY" if you don't know any better or understand the sport! Oh thats right 8588 you only watch the playoffs so you would qualify.

Lucky is a hole in one! Not getting on the winning streak the CAPS are on, but you couldn't understand that because your pens aren't on any run, well maybe a bad one......especially after that ass whippen your unlucky pens got yesterday. And if you think that #1 seed doesn't mean anything and you had nothing to play for your probably right about at least that, because your shit birds will departing the playoffs early anyway!

The pens would have got there ass beat by ANY AHL team yesterday and they flat out SUCK at the right time! I wish we had them in the first round to...being they where scared to death to play the flyers as shown yesterday. Then we could have put them out of there own misery.

GO CAPS!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Say what you will but the fact remains that they really didn't need to risk an injury in yesterdays game. PERIOD... Oh, I will be surprised if the caps can get past the flyers... And you are right about only watching hockey during the playoffs, but it doesn't take much to understand the sport, other than just knowing that the PENS RULE and the caps are bottom feeders... Oh, by the way how many Stanley Cups do the caps have? Yeah, thats what I thought...

skinsfan_nn 04-07-2008 09:21 PM

[quote=Redskins8588;438191]Say what you will but the fact remains that they really didn't need to risk an injury in yesterdays game. PERIOD... Oh, I will be surprised if the caps can get past the flyers... And you are right about only watching hockey during the playoffs, but it doesn't take much to understand the sport, other than just knowing that the PENS RULE and the caps are bottom feeders... Oh, by the way how many Stanley Cups do the caps have? Yeah, thats what I thought...[/quote]

Yea it looked like the pens ruled yesterday. You mean they are scared and got ruled! Now you are starting to understand, maybe?

And just with a little bit of logic in your post explain how the Caps the #3 seed are bottom feeders? Can't wait to hear this.

Your pens are only a #2 seed what does that make them?

No worries about the cup in DC its coming way before you see one! As posted before if you wanna put your money where your mouth is....put a little wager out? How much cash ya got to lose, I'd love to take it from ya, you think you've got a real chance at winning the cup, thats a joke....I'm sure your scared to? Let me know.

GMScud 04-08-2008 01:45 AM

[quote=Redskins8588;438191]Say what you will but the fact remains that they really didn't need to risk an injury in yesterdays game. PERIOD... Oh, I will be surprised if the caps can get past the flyers... And you are right about only watching hockey during the playoffs, but it doesn't take much to understand the sport, other than just knowing that the PENS RULE and the caps are bottom feeders... Oh, by the way how many Stanley Cups do the caps have? Yeah, thats what I thought...[/quote]

We're the hottest team in the league and a 3 seed... yet we're bottom feeders. Sure.

Redskins8588 04-08-2008 06:47 AM

[QUOTE=skinsfan_nn;438192]Yea it looked like the pens ruled yesterday. You mean they are scared and got ruled! Now you are starting to understand, maybe?

And just with a little bit of logic in your post explain how the Caps the #3 seed are bottom feeders? Can't wait to hear this.

Your pens are only a #2 seed what does that make them?

No worries about the cup in DC its coming way before you see one! As posted before if you wanna put your money where your mouth is....put a little wager out? How much cash ya got to lose, I'd love to take it from ya, you think you've got a real chance at winning the cup, thats a joke....I'm sure your scared to? Let me know.[/QUOTE]

Sure the caps got hot at the end of the season but look at who they had left to play, Carolina, Atlanta, Florida, and Tampa Bay. Against those 4 teams the caps should have won out and they did, easy schedule. Also, none of those teams with exception to Carolina, were even close to being a playoff team. Hell, every team but the Islanders made the playoffs in the Atlantic division, and the PENS won that division. So, with the PENS only a #2 seed and yet they are in the toughest division in all of hockey speaks volumes about them compared to a team that is in probably the weakest division where only 2 teams are above 90 points. I would say that I wish the PENS had it that easy, but the tougher the competion the better it makes you...

Redskins8588 04-08-2008 07:06 AM

[QUOTE=GMScud;438224]We're the hottest team in the league and a 3 seed... yet we're bottom feeders. Sure.[/QUOTE]

The caps are in a bottom feeder division, at least ever division sent 2 teams to the playoffs, except the southeast division, bottom feeders. The caps are the best of the worst...

mooby 04-08-2008 11:03 AM

Your acting like the Caps winning 11 of 12 to get in and grab the #3 seed in the process is lucky, I can assure you it's not. Yes the Caps are in a weak division but division games are a lot harder than playing 3 games against 3 teams that they play like twice a year. The Pens may be in a tough division but the fact remains that they choked against Philly. Preventing injuries has nothing to do with it, it's not like they rested all their starters, they just rested Sidney and if you watched the Pens games this season you'd know that they didn't do that bad when he was out of the lineup anyways. You don't think the Pens weren't that sad about losing that game knowing they'd play Ottawa in the first round?

Monkeydad 04-08-2008 11:42 AM

[B]Since goals win games in hockey, a quick look at goals for and against in the EASTERN CONF.[/B]

[U]Goals for:[/U]
Canadiens = 262
Senators = 261
Flyers = 248
Pens = 247
Caps = 242
Rangers = 213
Bruins = 212
Devils = 206

[U]Goals against:[/U]
Devils = 197
Rangers = 199
Pens = 216
Bruins = 222
Canadiens = 222
Caps = 231
Flyers = 233
Senators = 247

[U]+/-:[/U]
Canadiens = +40 goals
Pens = +31
Flyers = +15
Rangers = +14
Senators = +14
Caps = +11
Devils = +9
Bruins = [COLOR="Red"]-10[/COLOR]

The Caps don't look THAT great now, do they? They were also the only team in their division to make the postseason, so "best of the worst" is fitting. If they were in either of the other Eastern Conf. divisions, they would not have won the division and may not have even made the playoffs. If they were in the Western Conference, they'd not only be out of the playoffs with their record, they'd be one of the worst teams.

They DO have the best player in the NHL, but one guy usually doesn't carry a team all the way.

skinsfan_nn 04-08-2008 11:44 AM

[quote=Redskins8588;438233]The caps are in a bottom feeder division, at least ever division sent 2 teams to the playoffs, except the southeast division, bottom feeders. The caps are the best of the worst...[/quote]

Dude your post makes NO sense at all! Now the SouthEast division is a bottom fedder division. :doh:

Good thing you only watch playoffs. Becauce you don't know jack about hockey.

Do you happen to remember who WON the STANLEY CUP just the year before last? Its a team right out of your so called bottom feeder division, another way to put it is a team we THE CAPS just eliminated? The Cans in 2006 won the Stanley Cup, so how weak OR lucky is that......can't wait for this one.......?

[url=http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stanleycup2006/]2006 Stanley Cup playoffs | CBC Sports Online[/url]

SmootSmack 04-08-2008 11:56 AM

Buster, how do your numbers look when looking at just the final month of the season?

skinsfan_nn 04-08-2008 12:10 PM

[quote=Buster;438272][B]Since goals win games in hockey, a quick look at goals for and against in the EASTERN CONF.[/B]

[U]Goals for:[/U]
Canadiens = 262
Senators = 261
Flyers = 248
Pens = 247
Caps = 242
Rangers = 213
Bruins = 212
Devils = 206

[U]Goals against:[/U]
Devils = 197
Rangers = 199
Pens = 216
Bruins = 222
Canadiens = 222
Caps = 231
Flyers = 233
Senators = 247

[U]+/-:[/U]
Canadiens = +40 goals
Pens = +31
Flyers = +15
Rangers = +14
Senators = +14
Caps = +11
Devils = +9
Bruins = [COLOR=Red]-10[/COLOR]

The Caps don't look THAT great now, do they? They were also the only team in their division to make the postseason, so "best of the worst" is fitting. If they were in either of the other Eastern Conf. divisions, they would not have won the division and may not have even made the playoffs. If they were in the Western Conference, they'd not only be out of the playoffs with their record, they'd be one of the worst teams.

They DO have the best player in the NHL, but one guy usually doesn't carry a team all the way.[/quote]

Why don't they look good now? Those numbers are combined throughout the entire season as most know. The first third of the season was total sh*t! Until we made a coaching change.

Compare numbers after we made a coaching change, wins/losses, and plus and minus you will see a much clearer picture of what the team is to date.

And if you follow the Caps at all, they have alot more than ONE player. They have a half dozen young up and coming stars and great goal tending.

hooskins 04-08-2008 01:01 PM

That is the thing, most people don't follows the Caps. We definitely have some great role players and keeping is amazing.

GMScud 04-08-2008 03:42 PM

[quote=Redskins8588;438233]The caps are in a bottom feeder division, at least ever division sent 2 teams to the playoffs, except the southeast division, bottom feeders. The caps are the best of the worst...[/quote]

Best of the worst... Sure. Every analyst I've listened to is pretty much in agreement that we're a red hot, very good hockey team.

Again, all you do is refer to our division as your argument that we're "lucky" and a "bottom feeder." We don't pick our opponents, we just beat who's on our schedule.

Sure our last three wins were against bad teams, but we played the whole league all year, and we were 38-17 after Boudreau took over. So basically over 2/3 of our season was luck?? Ummm, no.

And you still haven't backed up your flawed rationale that Pitt was "resting" players against Philly when you guys wet the bed and fell to a 2 seed. You seem to think it doesn't matter, but again, I ask you, what if you end up playing Montreal in the playoffs and don't have home ice??

I think someone is a little bitter that Ovechkin is overshadowing baby faced Sid as the best player in the league.

Redskins8588 04-08-2008 04:40 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfan_nn;438275]Dude your post makes NO sense at all! Now the SouthEast division is a bottom fedder division. :doh:

Good thing you only watch playoffs. Becauce you don't know jack about hockey.

[B]Do you happen to remember who WON the STANLEY CUP just the year before last? Its a team right out of your so called bottom feeder division, another way to put it is a team we THE CAPS just eliminated? The Cans in 2006 won the Stanley Cup, so how weak OR lucky is that......can't wait for this one.......?[/B]
[url=http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stanleycup2006/]2006 Stanley Cup playoffs | CBC Sports Online[/url][/QUOTE]

Hats off to the Lighting and the Canes, but where are they now? Oh, wait, they are in the division that can only send 1 team to the playoffs. Way to win it all and then suck the next year, true champs...

And yes the southeast division is a bottom feeder division, period. If the southeast division is as good as you think then where are the other teams? And as for the caps being the MIGHTY #3 seed someone had to win that division and it just so happened it was the caps...

Redskins8588 04-08-2008 04:59 PM

[QUOTE=GMScud;438356]Best of the worst... Sure. Every analyst I've listened to is pretty much in agreement that we're a red hot, very good hockey team.

[B]Again, all you do is refer to our division as your argument that we're "lucky" and a "bottom feeder." We don't pick our opponents, we just beat who's on our schedule. [/B]

Sure our last three wins were against bad teams, but we played the whole league all year, and we were 38-17 after Boudreau took over. So basically over 2/3 of our season was luck?? Ummm, no.

And you still haven't backed up your flawed rationale that Pitt was "resting" players against Philly when you guys wet the bed and fell to a 2 seed. You seem to think it doesn't matter, but again, I ask you, what if you end up playing Montreal in the playoffs and don't have home ice??

I think someone is a little bitter that Ovechkin is overshadowing baby faced Sid as the best player in the league.[/QUOTE]

Again, a team had to come out of the southeast division, if the caps were in any other division they would have ben hard pressed to make the playoffs, but do to the lack of competition in that division the caps came out as the "[B]best team in the worst division[/B]", therefor the best of the worst. And still Pitt lost there last meaningless game of the season to a playoff team, and they sat there best player, who pretty much just go back from injury, damn them to hell for not being all that concerned with the last game of the season. I am sorry but I do not see the big deal of the PENS loosing their last game of the season to a playoff team. I will be more concerned come game 7 of the first round...