Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If Zorn Wins.......... (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=23154)

SmootSmack 04-19-2008 03:02 PM

Re: If Zorn Wins..........

[QUOTE=converted seahawk;440839]I'm curious, just what is it you have or haven't seen that would indicate Zorn 'lacks the mental aspect for the game'?

they havent taken a snap yet.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the board, that's an interesting username

converted seahawk 04-19-2008 03:17 PM

I come by it honestly

converted seahawk 04-19-2008 03:18 PM

oh, and thanks for the welcome

SmootSmack 04-19-2008 03:24 PM

[QUOTE=converted seahawk;440845]I come by it honestly[/QUOTE]

Former fan? (you can PM me)

SouperMeister 04-19-2008 03:35 PM

Zorn deserves credit if he wins, but Gibbs did lay a nice foundation of tough, resilient players. I also credit Gibbs (and especially Gregg Williams) for eliminating the "star system" that had been pervasive and poisonous during the earlier years of Snyder's tenure.

rypper11 04-19-2008 05:19 PM

Gibbs did some bonehead things the first time around too. But they were almost always on Sunday. Just like this time. Gibbs greatest attribute is that grown men will run through a wall for him and guys that never respected any other coach (Joey T, Riggo, Wilbur Marshall, Dexter, et al) played their guts out for him. Theisman drove to his house to pledge that whatever he needed he'd do, just let me be your QB. This did lead him to think that Lloyd would flourish for him since he has so much talent, but it also made Betts not even want to test the FA waters.
Gibbs has righted the ship and has brought a level of respectability back that has been lacking since 1992. I think that was his goal. He couldn't stand that his team became a joke under Pettibon and Turner and the Spurrier debacle had to just break his heart.
Bottom line, we are better now than when he left last time, but if Zorn is Richie II, then it won't matter. Zorn is in a great position, but it's his team now. If Zorn and Danny are hoisting the Lombardi in February, you can bet that Joe will be there. And he'll give every ounce of credit to "our great owner, these great group of guys that played their guts out and the greatest group of coaches I've ever been around."

celts32 04-19-2008 07:53 PM

He should get credit. They were a disaster when he got there and have a pretty good roster now with a lot in place for the future. Does Parcels get credit for Dallas? If so then Gibbs deserves credit for any winning the Redskins do until this roster turns over.

Giantone 04-19-2008 08:24 PM

[quote=redskinsfanatic;438961]the redskins are in better shape now than they have been in years.gibbs righted the ship and now the new captain just needs to learn how to sail.[/quote]

........but what if it's a motor boat?