Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Saden1's Bitter Draft Poll: Who Do You LEAST Want? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=23184)

SmootSmack 04-14-2008 12:50 PM

Saden1's Bitter Draft Poll: Who Do You LEAST Want?

So a lot of names have been mentioned in mock drafts for the Redskins.

But the most common names have been

CB Aqib Talib
DE Calais Campbell
DE Phillip Merling
WR Malcolm Kelly
WR Limas Sweed
WR Devin Thomas

So the question is, from the above list, whose name do you LEAST likely want called when the Redskins announce their first pick at #21.

(I left Albert and Phillips (among others) off the list because a.) that's a lot of names, and b.) they're either not mentioned as often or not likely to be around at 21 anyway)

Ade Jimoh Fan Club 04-14-2008 12:53 PM

Re: Saden1's Bitter Draft Poll: Who Do You LEAST Want?

The answer to your question is: Malcolm Kelly.

I'd reverse order these picks as follows:

WR Malcolm Kelly
CB Aqib Talib
WR Limas Sweed
DE Calais Campbell
DE Phillip Merling
WR Devin Thomas

BleedBurgundy 04-14-2008 12:54 PM

Real close between Aqib Talib and Malcolm Kelly. I went with Aqib Talib because of his off the field baggage. Kelly is definitely 1a on that list though...

Daseal 04-14-2008 01:03 PM

Malcolm Kelly -- don't trust his injury history.

Id actually be excited if Talib fell to us.

GridIron26 04-14-2008 01:09 PM

I chose Kelly because, well unfortunately just because he's WR; nor I want Thomas or Sweed.. I don't want us to draft any WR in 1st rd.. The history of 1st rounders of WR has proved itself..

GTripp0012 04-14-2008 01:16 PM

There is a correct answer to this question, so long as it's rephrased like this:

"Which player is most likely to bust out of the NFL?"

And as long as that's the question we are answering here, the probabilities say, undoubtably, that the answer is Devin Thomas. I gave him a 4th round draft grade, because of his elite physical skill, but we have no (read: zero) reason to think he's an NFL receiver?

A punt returner? Perhaps, but I'm not even sure he did that well in college.

Anyway, Thomas was a nobody before this season, caught 72 passes, and then bolted for the NFL draft. If he was any good, don't you think he would have stayed around for his Sr. year when Michigan State actually plans to contend for the Big Ten Championship?

Thomas is leaving because there's no guarentee he would start next year if he stayed in school. And if you are receiver who is arguably not good enough to start on a mid level college team, then how any team can justify spending a first round selection on you is beyond me.

The Redskins don't need a WR in the first round, but Devin Thomas would be a wasted selection, thusly he gets my vote.

I don't particuarly like Kelly or Talib either, but I could see both having a bit of success at the pro level. Thomas, I'd be surprised if he [B]ever[/B] started a game for us if we drafted him.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-14-2008 01:18 PM

ANY of the WRs. If we can keep up being fiscally responsible and making sound picks along the lines as well as shrewd contract decisions, over the next two to three years (the time it takes a receiver to develop) we could actually make a play for an elite WR and pay them the contract they would require.

That's ONE area I don't mind us spending a good chunk of money on.

If we're going WR AT ALL in the next few drafts, Crabtree from Texas Tech is insane.

jamf 04-14-2008 01:20 PM

I went with talib.

mooby 04-14-2008 01:53 PM

I went with Calais Campbell, and I'm probably gonna take some flak for this but I don't think he's worthy of a first round pick. His stats are unimpressive to me compared to the other defensive ends and the few Miami games I saw last season he didn't stand out in.

A close second would have to be the wide receivers, the only wide receiver I think we should consider taking in the first round is Devin Thomas, the rest of them I'd consider a good pickup in the second.

Eknox 04-14-2008 02:37 PM

I'd have to go with Sweed I dont trust a wrist injury on a receiver, that's a vital part of them doing there job on the field, catching...

Slingin Sammy 33 04-14-2008 02:56 PM

Outside of Merling or Talib, I don't want any of those as our first rounder.

Thomas - Not as down on him as GTripp, but he could very well bust. No way I use a #1 on him.
Campbell - pathetic combine performance. Either shows he's real weak or not motivated enough to prepare, either way he has "bust" written all over him.
Kelly - slow, whiny-baby.
Sweed - Nothing really against him, but we have more pressing needs than WR @ #21.
Talib - Good talent, fills a need, once we take away his bong and rolling papers and he'll be fine.
Merling - He's who I'm pulling for as our pick.

That Guy 04-14-2008 05:13 PM

kelly - 4.7, terrible workout numbers, huge injury concerns... just not a great bet.

SeanTaylor21 04-14-2008 06:02 PM

Devin Thomas, he had one good year, and I don't trust his hands.

rypper11 04-14-2008 06:12 PM

I don't want any WR with the first three picks. I'm not saying it's not an area we don't need to upgrade, just that none of the WR's are better than guys that will be there in the late 3rd round.

djnemo65 04-14-2008 07:03 PM

Talib, something about this guy just screams Ahmad Carroll to me