Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2008 Redskins Schedule (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=23194)

GMScud 04-15-2008 01:29 PM

Re: 2008 Redskins Schedule

WOW! Thanks SS!

Our toughest stretch is Pitt, Dallas, @Seattle, NYG. And 3 outta the 4 are at home with a bye week thrown in after the Pitt game! I like it!

I can't remember the last time we had a week 10 bye. I like that too. A late bye to gear up for the stretch run.

I don't like playing 3 out of our last 4 on the road.

Skinny Tee 04-15-2008 01:30 PM

Schedule looks good.

I'm not really dreading a lot of the opponents that we have to face. Also our division games are spread out as opposed to years past.

GMScud 04-15-2008 01:31 PM

It's been a while since we've been done with the Cowboys before Thanksgiving, too. Seems like in most recent years we've played our 2nd game against them very late.

SC Skins Fan 04-15-2008 01:34 PM

[quote=hooskins;439795]Pros: The bye week comes at a good time.

Cons: I don't like
[B]11/3 vs PIT[/B]
[B]BYE[/B]
[B]11/16 vs DAL[/B]
[B]11/23 @ SEA[/B]
[B]11/30 vs NYG[/B][/quote]

It looks pretty tough as we sit here in April, but that is what happens when you play in the NFC East and draw the AFC North - I guess having the NFC West might help, but Seattle and New Orleans should be tough also. The bigger question I have, and which we won't know until later in the day, is how many teams we have to play coming off their Bye weeks. That is usually a tough draw.

You are right, though, that four game stretch of road games doesn't do us any favors. Tough places to play all, and two in division. I guess it is good that at least the Bye week falls in there.

SmootSmack 04-15-2008 01:35 PM

I thought we might play the Cowboys for the final game at Texas Stadium

Steelers isn't the MNF game we were expecting/hoping for

(I think Titans vs Lions is one of the Thanksgiving games. Considering the PacMan rumors Titans vs Cowboys could have been better)

SmootSmack 04-15-2008 01:36 PM

Re: NFL to release full schedules at 2pm today, 4.15.08

I'm going to merge this thread into the other one. Just to keep thing clean

BleedBurgundy 04-15-2008 01:38 PM

wait a minute, where's our annual trip to Tampa Bay?

skinsfan_nn 04-15-2008 01:39 PM

Re: NFL to release full schedules at 2pm today, 4.15.08

[quote=SmootSmack;439801]I'm going to merge this thread into the other one. Just to keep thing clean[/quote]

Thanks

riggins44 04-15-2008 01:40 PM

I'm not crazy about the Oct. 12th and 19th games. Not because of difficulty,
but do to other commitments may be hard to attend.

SmootSmack 04-15-2008 02:03 PM

Browns and Packers are each on three times on Monday night. Texans finally make it, hosting the Jaguars

mooby 04-15-2008 02:09 PM

[quote=BleedBurgundy;439802]wait a minute, where's our annual trip to Tampa Bay?[/quote]

Looks like it got cancelled this year. The reason for that is because we don't play the NFC South this year, and since New Orleans came in third in the NFC South we play them. The reason for playing Tampa Bay for like 4 consecutive years was because we either were A. playing the entire NFC South, or B. because they came in the same place as us in their division all those other years.

The schedule looks good, I like it. There aren't too many stretches that I think we'll have difficulty with, although playing Steelers, then bye week, then Cowboys and then Giants will be somewhat tough. I like that we get the bye week before we play the Cowboys at home, that will give our coaching staff more time to prepare. Overall looks pretty good.

GTripp0012 04-15-2008 02:10 PM

The late bye isn't good, but all in all the schedule appears to be pretty favorable. We're no strangers to ridiculously difficult November scheduling, so that shouldn't be much of a problem.

Here's where the Skins will earn their keep: October. Dallas, Philly, St. Louis, Cleveland, and Detroit. The Rams, Browns, and Lions all have their byes within three weeks prior to playing us, while we have no bye until week ten. I mean, the team is going to have to go 3-2 in October, and they are going to have to do it against some very prepared football teams.

I do like the bye week right before Dallas comes to FedEx though.

MTK 04-15-2008 02:15 PM

Looks good right now but that really doesn't mean much. Teams that look tough now might not be so good and teams that look weak now could be tough, so who knows.

I do like the bye week though. Seems like we always get stuck with early byes.

SmootSmack 04-15-2008 02:18 PM

Here it is with times

[url=http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=762]REDSKINS 2008 SCHEDULE IS HERE![/url]

Redskins247 04-15-2008 02:28 PM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;439800][B]I thought we might play the Cowboys for the final game at Texas Stadium[/B]

Steelers isn't the MNF game we were expecting/hoping for

(I think Titans vs Lions is one of the Thanksgiving games. Considering the PacMan rumors Titans vs Cowboys could have been better)[/QUOTE]

I would have thought that too....they play the Ravens?? Guess they wanted to make sure they won their last game there ;)