Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft" (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=23206)

prinzeofmoval 04-16-2008 06:46 PM

Re: Ocho Stinko: "I want to be traded before the draft"

lets not kiss the guys ass now okay...don't get me wrong now i would like..love to have his caliber on my side(and not the cowboys). But i can see him in a year or two down Campbells throat. But if i can garnish a championship before then..Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.

SBXVII 04-16-2008 09:17 PM

[quote=sandtrapjack;440102]I am reminded of Lance Briggs when he made the same statements last year at this time. Who can forget "I'll never play another down in a Bears uniform." Not only did he play, but he signed a big contract with them as well later in the season. So we all know how that turned out.

Then when his absences were going to cost him money, he was the first one in the locker room. I can see a similar situation with CJ.

Right now, the "voluntary" workouts do not cost him anything. Just wait until camp starts and he does not get paid and gets fined 10,000 a day for holding out. I have a feeling he will show up.

If Johnson wants out of Cincy SOOOO bad, how come we hear him scream TRADE ME! But we do not hear him say "I'll pay back my signing bonus" to alleviate that cap hit.

If he REALLY wants out of there that badly he needs to pay back his bonus and not ask the Bengals to make all of the financial sacrifices associated with his trade.

Put up or shut up Johnson.....you are wasting everyones time.[/quote]

Agree 110%. I would love to see him as a Skin. He would make our offense at least a threat. Teams would have a hard time deciding who to cover.....but I can't see him going anywhere if he is not willing to concede something. Unless he or his agent has been trying to negotiate this very issue behind the scenes. I checked one of the Bengals message boards and they said something about last week CJ's agent was seen talking to the coach who had his arms crossed and did not interact with the agent. Now we hear CJ again. Interesting.

My arguement in the past has simply been "Never say Never." People are saying CJ will never be traded due to his CAP hit. I keep pointing out exactly what you said Sandtrap....that Arrington was able to work it so I can't see why CJ can't but he has to be willing to concede something.

That Guy 04-16-2008 10:03 PM

i'm still for it if they can get it done without destroying our pick etc.

Dirtbag59 04-16-2008 10:57 PM

[quote=SBXVII;440221]

My arguement in the past has simply been "Never say Never." People are saying CJ will never be traded due to his CAP hit. I keep pointing out exactly what you said Sandtrap....that Arrington was able to work it so I can't see why CJ can't but he has to be willing to concede something.[/quote]

I think it's because the Redskins don't have Paul Brown as their owner. In case you don't know who he is....well heres a picture. Ironically he looks like a Redskins fan.

[IMG]http://digilander.libero.it/Bologna16/indian-faces/sitting-bull-hunkpapa-sioux.jpg[/IMG]

Campbell17 04-16-2008 11:00 PM

Lets face it, now matter how much snyder has learned, Ocho Cinco is gonna be a skin next year. I cant see where else he'd go.

Daseal 04-16-2008 11:21 PM

I would embrace CJ here in a second. He's not happy with his team, he's not happy with the internal workings of the Bengals. They have the same problems year in and year out, I don't blame him.

Would anyone be upset if the team up and cut him? The team signs a contract just like the player, but they can break it with few repercussion from fans. It's just business when they cut a player because of finances, but he's a selfish dick when he does the same thing.

CJ is a workout warrior. He's fun, and I know people hate that. He enjoys what he does and works hard at it. The Bengals will trade him and trade him for less than he's worth. Im for that.

Redskin 04-16-2008 11:52 PM

Mmmmm i could go for a little CJ.

SBXVII 04-17-2008 01:19 AM

The problem is everyone wants to point there finger at CJ and call him a problem child. You all have said it yourself he is what 30yo and he knows his time is becoming limited and wants a ring and with the internal workings of the Bengals he knows he will not see it with them. I don't see how anyone can blame him. If he stays with the Bengals and becomes a good player all he is, is a life long Bengal who may have broke some records. He might make it into their "Ring of fire" in the stadium. WOW. He's getting older and knows it but he still has about 4-5 yrs left. Good enough for the Skins and good enough until we get another WR to take over after him.

SBXVII 04-17-2008 01:23 AM

Can you see it now......JC throws to CJ for a TD.

chrisl4064 04-17-2008 02:22 AM

[quote=That Guy;440228]i'm still for it if they can get it done without destroying our pick etc.[/quote]

couldnt agree more. How many times have we aquired "questionable" talent at WR over the years. His skills are there, but if hes this big a pain in the ass and he gets what he wants, expect him to do the same next go around...

chrisl4064 04-17-2008 02:26 AM

[quote=SBXVII;440257]The problem is everyone wants to point there finger at CJ and call him a problem child. You all have said it yourself he is what 30yo and he knows his time is becoming limited and wants a ring and with the internal workings of the Bengals he knows he will not see it with them. I don't see how anyone can blame him. If he stays with the Bengals and becomes a good player all he is, is a life long Bengal who may have broke some records. He might make it into their "Ring of fire" in the stadium. WOW. He's getting older and knows it but he still has about 4-5 yrs left. Good enough for the Skins and good enough until we get another WR to take over after him.[/quote]

I'm not blaming him for doing it, he just should have gone about it a different way. As soon as you run your mouth in this league alarms start going off. I could care less though about him bitching, I would welcome him with open arms to this team (provided we keep our #1 picks in place)

BigSKINBauer 04-17-2008 05:58 AM

I would love CJ here. No one considered him a problem until this past year. His team threw him under the bus when things went bad and he got offended. No one had a problem with his celebrations when they were going to the playoffs. CJ always seems like he is one of the hardest workers in the NFL. He has always been a player that I have enjoyed watching and everyone knows he will do anything to win. 5 time pro bowler and 3 time all pro... I'll be right in line to get an ocho cinco jersey if he did ever come here.

If he doesn't come here and is traded, there is a good chance it will be to the cowboys. That would suck.

birdz4gibbs 04-17-2008 09:10 AM

[QUOTE=BleedBurgundy;440142]I want nothing to do with this clown. The more the modern day wr's act like fools, the more I appreciate Art Monk. Last of his kind.[/QUOTE]

amen brutha it,s a sad state these players are in today aint it..

SC Skins Fan 04-17-2008 09:22 AM

[quote=Campbell17;440237]Lets face it, now matter how much snyder has learned, Ocho Cinco is gonna be a skin next year. I cant see where else he'd go.[/quote]

Cincinatti, Philadelphia, Dallas to name a few places, the first being most likely.

Stuck in TX 04-17-2008 10:07 AM

I dont know what I am mad at CJ for the most: being a sorry excuse for an NFL role model or making someone start [B]another[/B] Chad Johnson on this site! There should be only one solution to his problem and that is to not sign any contract extensions and wait it out. It is okay to say you want to be traded, but I feel that signing a contract guarantees that you will give your all to the franchise. If he is not traded, he is 200% in the wrong for not reporting. He is a disgrace as a role model, and thats not to say I wouldnt like him here. He would be an asset to any franchise but if for some reason he wants out of here, I would not want to be in the same situation as the Bengals.