Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Breaking News: Cowboys Agree to Send 4th Rounder to Titans for Pac Man (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=23275)

freddyg12 04-24-2008 08:42 AM

Re: Breaking News: Cowboys Agree to Send 4th Rounder to Titans for Pac Man

I'm w/Saen1 on this, sure Pacman has his issues, but he's a really good corner, could be great if he'd stay out of trouble. I don't see the boyz taking much risk here at all. The real risk is if pac gets someone else on the team in trouble. No one's ever said he was a bad teamate, just not a professional off the field.

My fear WAS that he would go to Dallas & turn his career around. Now w/word about the shooter & pac possibly paying him $15,000 to keep quiet (another smart move, boy that guy really earned his money, he didn't talk for a whole year!) I don't see it happening.

PSUSkinsFan21 04-24-2008 08:43 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;442223]Cowboys = Dumb asses.[/quote]

I think this pretty well sums it up.

KB24 04-24-2008 08:48 AM

[QUOTE=freddyg12;442301]I'm w/Saen1 on this, sure Pacman has his issues, but he's a really good corner, [B]could be great if he'd stay out of trouble[/B]. I don't see the boyz taking much risk here at all. The real risk is if pac gets someone else on the team in trouble. No one's ever said he was a bad teamate, just not a professional off the field.[/QUOTE]

That's a mighty big if, my friend!

SKINSnCANES 04-24-2008 08:57 AM

How can you guys be so happy about this? Im going to go on record and probably staying in the minority on this.

The cowboys took zero risk, a late round pick for a top corner...

Lets just hope he doestn get reinstated (if he doesnt they get their pick back) because we are going to need help on offense with him playing against us twice a year. Id rather he went to the Bengals and hung out with his inmates there. The guy call play, hes a great returner...

Lets just hope you all are right and he destroys that team. I think hes tryign to make a point of coming back strong and prove everyone wrong. hes been trying to come back and prove himself for a while now but they wotn let him back

Skins fan 44 04-24-2008 09:22 AM

They can have him!! You know why?

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBSwm-mPXhQ]YouTube - Happy Gamer: Pac-Man Fever[/url]

baxter81 04-24-2008 09:35 AM

[QUOTE=SKINSnCANES;442305]How can you guys be so happy about this? Im going to go on record and probably staying in the minority on this.

Lets just hope he doestn get reinstated (if he doesnt they get their pick back) because we are going to need help on offense with him playing against us twice a year. Id rather he went to the Bengals and hung out with his inmates there. The guy call play, hes a great returner...

Lets just hope you all are right and he destroys that team. I think hes tryign to make a point of coming back strong and prove everyone wrong. hes been trying to come back and prove himself for a while now but they wotn let him back[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say the cowboys took zero risk. If he does get reinstated there is no way he plays a full season without another incident. That man is a idiot. He will be back in the strip clubs the day after he is reinstated "makin it rain". He might have all the talent of a top CB in this league, but his stupidity out ways his talent. I give him 3 games this season if he is reinstated, maybe 4.

DFI 04-24-2008 09:49 AM

[quote=Stuck in TX;442226]thats if he even gets reinstated[/quote]

is anyone else thinking like me on this. Jones has a better shot at being reinstated as a cowboy with jones and the like behind him than as a titian? That may be one of the reasons for the deal

MTK 04-24-2008 09:58 AM

[quote=SKINSnCANES;442305]How can you guys be so happy about this? Im going to go on record and probably staying in the minority on this.

Lets just hope you all are right and he destroys that team. I think hes tryign to make a point of coming back strong and prove everyone wrong. hes been trying to come back and prove himself for a while now but they wotn let him back[/quote]

He's definitely not a top corner. Solid starter, but he's not one of the top 10 at his position, which is what I think of when someone says top player.

firstdown 04-24-2008 10:01 AM

[quote=baxter81;442321]I wouldn't say the cowboys took zero risk. If he does get reinstated there is no way he plays a full season without another incident. That man is a idiot. He will be back in the strip clubs the day after he is reinstated "makin it rain". He might have all the talent of a top CB in this league, but his stupidity out ways his talent. I give him 3 games this season if he is reinstated, maybe 4.[/quote]
Well that just about what everyone said when they made the deal with TO. I'm sure if he gets reinstated Jones will have his contracted worded so they can dump him if he has any more issues and I would bet it will have a clause about strip clubs. Jones is not dumb and is really taking very little risk from what I have seen at this point.

SmootSmack 04-24-2008 10:10 AM

[QUOTE=firstdown;442329]Well that just about what everyone said when they made the deal with TO. I'm sure if he gets reinstated Jones will have his contracted worded so they can dump him if he has any more issues and I would bet it will have a clause about strip clubs. Jones is not dumb and is really taking very little risk from what I have seen at this point.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that contractually it's a low risk. But could you imagine the mass hysteria on this board if the Redskins had made this move?

baxter81 04-24-2008 10:12 AM

[QUOTE=firstdown;442329]Well that just about what everyone said when they made the deal with TO. I'm sure if he gets reinstated Jones will have his contracted worded so they can dump him if he has any more issues and I would bet it will have a clause about strip clubs. Jones is not dumb and is really taking very little risk from what I have seen at this point.[/QUOTE]

Jones is not dumb? Taking a duffel bag of money to a strip club throwin it in the air then bang the stripers head on the stage when she goes to grab it isn't a smart move. Going to a strip club the night before you meet with the commissioner of the NFL and lying to him to his face when asked about it is pretty dumb. Paying the gunman 15,000 to stay quite and not mention any of this to the authorities isn't dumb?

baxter81 04-24-2008 10:13 AM

or were talkin about jerry jones.....that would make more sense

Pacman Jones = Dumb
Jerry Jones = Not dumb but not the smartest man in the world by any means

SBXVII 04-24-2008 10:51 AM

[quote=mansole55;442192]Why didn't the Redskins pursue Pacman? To give up only a 4th rounder is very low risk, high reward. And we need defensive backs.[/quote]

[B][SIZE=5]CHARACTER POLICE[/SIZE][/B]
[B][/B]
Look....no CJ, gauranteed no to Pacman.

Hog1 04-24-2008 11:07 AM

Take heed JJ:
You reap what you sow.
T.O. and Pacman in the same locker room? It will not be boring

Longtimefan 04-24-2008 11:17 AM

I find it rather disturbing that Jerry Jones on two seperate ocasions, in the last two years has underminded the decision of the comissioner on suspended players.

Last year it was Tank Johnson, this year Pac Man Jones. Somehow this action gives the apearence that longtime suspentions of players for gross misconduct should not be taken seriously. and such player should be traded for even before actually being reinstated to play.

For all it's worth, it would seem to send the wrong message.