Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who Do You Think Will Be Traded? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=23334)

Skins fan 44 04-27-2008 09:12 AM

Re: Who Do You Think Will Be Traded?

Nobody will get traded. It took 2 people to replace Lloyd. After all he was a key loss if you look on the ESPN line during the draft. :Smoker:

Slingin Sammy 33 04-27-2008 09:19 AM

Schneed reminded me of this last night.....look at the cap hits before you even think about trade. No way Moss or ARE are going anywhere before 2010.

Stuck in TX 04-27-2008 09:20 AM

If we were going to trade any WR's we would have put them up to get Chad. Mix and Thrash are still very good on special teams, and Mathis will compete for returner. That leaves Moss at #1, and its open season for 2-4. We have a perfect scenerio for our WR corps including a great TE to play the other side when Cooley is not open. Also, Cooley is a hell of a blocker, so I see him in the blocking schemes a little more with Portis being used underneath in the passing game. JC has soooo many options now an I am starting to get excited!

SOUL-SKINS 04-27-2008 09:46 AM

I love Santana, but know with all of the new wideouts I would consider a trade with the Eagles for Lito straight up.

Paintrain 04-27-2008 09:55 AM

Nobody is getting traded.. We have a great balance of size and speed now at the WR position and I don't see us messing with that anytime soon. Remember the games in the middle of last season when James Thrash was starting? JAMES THRASH!!! We needed 2 more legitimate WR if for no other reason than to not have such a huge drop off when Moss and ARE inevitably get injured..

I personally love the draft so far (but admittedly scratched my head with the Kelly pick when it happened) and as an offensive guy who wants to see us put up 28 pts a game I am excited to see Campbell play with his new toys.

Stuck in TX 04-27-2008 09:59 AM

[QUOTE=SOUL-SKINS;444165]I love Santana, but know with all of the new wideouts I would consider a trade with the Eagles for Lito straight up.[/QUOTE]

hmmmm... #1 speed wideout for a at best dimeback who cant start 10 games in a season. That sounds GREAT!!!!

chrisl13 04-27-2008 10:01 AM

[quote=chrisl4064;444127]And dude, your name is waaaay too close in resemblence to mine.[/quote]

Yeah, I noticed that too.

The Goat 04-27-2008 10:12 AM

[QUOTE=Soup's Uncle;444147]Who knows, maybe we can get two 3's and a 4th for Santana.[/QUOTE]

If we could actually get that it might be tempting. Who knows?

Hey everybody! I didn't say I thought anybody should be traded. I wasn't the first one to hypothesize a trade either (see 08 draft thread). But I still believe the points I opened with are valid. Good counterpoints have been made too - especially the salary cap hit.

MTK 04-27-2008 10:41 AM

Chill out I don't think anybody is getting traded. People need to put away their jump to conclusions mats.

NYCskinfan82 04-27-2008 10:49 AM

hopefully these guys will be able to make an impact this season, this should make all our WR & TE step up and work harder to learn the new system so they can play.

SOUL-SKINS 04-27-2008 10:57 AM

[QUOTE=Stuck in TX;444169]hmmmm... #1 speed wideout for a at best dimeback who cant start 10 games in a season. That sounds GREAT!!!![/QUOTE]

Doesn't though. Again, I love Moss but we need a cb. I don't know I just did
a wake and bake.

Cowell 04-27-2008 11:11 AM

No chance anyone in our receiving corps gets traded. In fact if anyone gets traded I bet you it's Malcolm Kelly, and even that won't happen.

tryfuhl 04-28-2008 06:51 AM

WCO will run many 2 TE sets I'd imagine, so you're not going to deal one of the best TEs in the game.

I expect Moss AND ARE to stay through the year at the very least. We're going to be running 4 WR sets and you can't guarantee Thomas and Kelly will be starting at the beginning of the season. Moss, ARE, Thomas, Kelly would be a formidable lineup if the rookies pan out well. Who else would we put out there? Thrash, Mix, etc?

tryfuhl 04-28-2008 06:54 AM

[QUOTE=Stuck in TX;444158]If we were going to trade any WR's we would have put them up to get Chad. Mix and Thrash are still very good on special teams, and Mathis will compete for returner. That leaves Moss at #1, and its open season for 2-4. We have a perfect scenerio for our WR corps including a great TE to play the other side when Cooley is not open. Also, [B]Cooley is a hell of a blocker[/B], so I see him in the blocking schemes a little more with Portis being used underneath in the passing game. JC has soooo many options now an I am starting to get excited![/QUOTE]

I like Cooley as much as anyone but I have not noticed this at all.

airsoftking 04-28-2008 07:48 AM

you guys gotta stop thinking we're going to trade Moss Coley or even ARE just because we drafted two of the best WR available as well as a TE. They are ROOKIES, they don't have any NFL experience and you would think the team is ready to trade stars like Moss or Cooley???