Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   NFL Draft Central (http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-central/)
-   -   Overall Draft Grade for the Redskins (http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-central/23353-overall-draft-grade-for-the-redskins.html)

Mattyk 04-27-2008 07:13 PM

Overall Draft Grade for the Redskins

vote and discuss

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-27-2008 07:14 PM

Re: Overall Draft Grade for the Redskins

I picked a B very good draft throughout but it is really hard grade a draft an A before anyone plays.

grim4coach 04-27-2008 07:16 PM

danny boy and vinny are f-ing retarded

Mattyk 04-27-2008 07:17 PM

[quote=grim4coach;444786]danny boy and vinny are f-ing retarded[/quote]

So are you by the way.

Thanks for the brilliant analysis, care to elaborate?

12thMan 04-27-2008 07:17 PM

I'm going with a B. I think if we get a stud DE in addition to all the others we landed, then it's A for sure.

I really think all three will see a lot of playing time and it wouldn't suprise me to see at least two of the top three picks start.

SeanTaylor21 04-27-2008 07:19 PM

I voted A, because I was hoping they would get weapons for JC, and thats what they did, and also got the best punter in NCAA.

Slingin Sammy 33 04-27-2008 07:21 PM

Who let the ES poster in here.

SmootSmack 04-27-2008 07:22 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;444788]So are you by the way.

Thanks for the brilliant analysis, care to elaborate?[/QUOTE]

Why bother? The idiot wants Grim for coach. Who the hell is Grim?

B for me. I'd like to give it a B+.

12thMan 04-27-2008 07:23 PM

Seriously, I challenge anyone, not arrogantly, to go back and remember the games we lost last year. I think you'll/we'll find that the offense failed time and time again to convert in the Red Zone and at times had problems stretching the field.

Now some of that I'll certainly chalk up to JC's growing curb, but still we had issues offensively. Besides drafting the punter, I think my second favorite pick is Fred Davis.

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-27-2008 07:23 PM

See it is crap like this that gets me angry on a Sunday. Man that is a great analysis you should really be a draft expert! Jackass.

Soup's Uncle 04-27-2008 07:24 PM

The kicker we got I think was a steal. Frosty was inconsistent and mediocre. Maybe a Punter wasn't the top need, but this dude can frickin kick.

I feel, like probably everyone else, if we would ahve gotten a bad ass DE, then it would have been an A+.

I give it an A- b/c I like ppretty much all of the picks. I watched all weekend. The only surprise to me was the Punter pickm but like I said, my feelings have changed.

SFREDSKIN 04-27-2008 07:25 PM

I'll grade them a B for now. If somehow they can sign Erin Henderson and Marcus Dixon to FA contracts, then a solid A.

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-27-2008 07:26 PM

[quote=12thMan;444797]Seriously, I challenge anyone, not arrogantly, to look go back and remember the games we lost last year, and you'll find that the offense failed time and time again to convert in the Red Zone and at times had problems stretching the field.

Now some of that I'll certainly chalk up to JC growing curb, but still, we had issues offensively. Besides drafting the punter, I think my second favorite pick is Fred Davis.[/quote]

When I think about it may favorite pick was both of the Wide Recievers after thinking about it, we really dont have a number 1. Moss is a good number 2 and ARE is a 3 at best, so these two guys Thomas and Kelly could end up being an extremely good tandem.

EternalEnigma21 04-27-2008 07:26 PM

Seems like a solid B+. It could go either way, though. We needed a big possession wideout and between the two we should at least get one solid starter. I'm curious about getting a high rated tight end... I hope we have enough balls to go around. I thought we could've addressed the secondary a bit more, and I'm still not sure about the corner we picked up... or drafting a punter when we had more pressing needs and there were better values out there, but they probably know something more than I do...

I think B+

MPNRedskins 04-27-2008 07:27 PM

At first, I was surprised when the Redskins traded out of the first round. However, I was very happy with who Washington picked throughout the draft. Very well laid out plan by the "Command Staff" of the Redskins. I'm looking forward to this year and years to come.