Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Wizards Songaila Suspended For Tonight's Game (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=23422)

12thMan 05-02-2008 01:40 PM

Wizards Songaila Suspended For Tonight's Game

Unbelievable! I'm livid over this crap! Lebron had better get ready for the boo birds at Verizon tonight.

[URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3378490"]ESPN - Songaila suspended for Wizards' Game 6 at Cavs - NBA[/URL]

12thMan 05-02-2008 01:50 PM

Re: Wizards Songaila Suspended For Tonight's Game

"The NBA. Where fixing the playoffs happens."

SmootSmack 05-02-2008 01:53 PM

The inconsistencies are disappointing. If Songaila is suspended for a game why wasn't KG for pushing the referee away the other night?

mooby 05-02-2008 01:56 PM

Aww that's f'n bullshit man. Wtf? What fuckin lengths they will go to to protect their poster child. And why can't they hold everyone by the same standards.

12thMan 05-02-2008 02:01 PM

I mean Jason Kidd tried to take Pargo's head off the other night - nothing? And there were far more questionable calls in this game and no one recieved a flagrant foul or got booted or anything.

They wait 6 hrs before the start of the next game to suspend the guy? WTF!?

SmootSmack 05-02-2008 02:02 PM

We need someone like Charles Oakley on our team

redsk1 05-02-2008 02:05 PM

Some of this stuff has really turned me off of the NBA. Some players....LJ's..are starting to act like soccer players in the way they flop. However, it's really not the players that upset me, it's the ref's that buy all of the flopping and faking. If we can see it why can't they.

Also, the whining has got to stop. If a player gets barely touched, it's a foul. If a player is fouled somewhat hard, its a flagrant. It's ridiculous.

You know when you foul someone you might as well make sure they don't make the basket right? That seem to make sense. Too bad the refs don't understand.

12thMan 05-02-2008 02:37 PM

It just seems they lose a little more credibility over something every year. A few years ago, it was the brawl in MoTown. More recently, the refs cheating. And a ton of shady ass calls every year in between.

dmek25 05-02-2008 02:55 PM

to start, im a sixer fan, so i can be more objective. first, Songaila doesn't bring that much to the table. but i have seen worse. 12th, your right on the money about Jason Kidd. should have been suspended at least for the rest of the series. what if Pargo does that to him? we all know that answer. and you guys have been watching the NBA long enough to know that no other sport protects its superstars like the NBA does. its just something everyone has to live by. if you guys could get anything out of the 2 scrubs in the middle, Haywood, and Blatche, you would be alot more competitive

SmootSmack 05-02-2008 02:57 PM

Haywood is having a very, very good year and I've got no complaints with his overall performance during this series. Blatche has been a bit of a disappointment to me. Great shot blocker, but I'd like to see more.

Duffman003 05-02-2008 02:58 PM

blatche is not good and probably won't be; he's all potential

12thMan 05-02-2008 02:59 PM

For the record, I'm a Larkes fan. Strange thing being that I grew up here in D.C., but I always root for the Wizards.

LeBron and Mike Brown just kill me with all the bitch crying. I hope the Zards pound them tonight.

SmootSmack 05-02-2008 03:01 PM

[QUOTE=12thMan;446515]For the record, I'm a Larkes fan. Strange thing being that I grew up here in D.C., but I always root for the Wizards.

LeBron and Mike Brown just kill me with all the bitch crying. I hope the Zards pound them tonight.[/QUOTE]

Larkes? I'm guessing you meant Lakers

ArtMonkDrillz 05-02-2008 03:05 PM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;446516]Larkes? I'm guessing you meant Lakers[/QUOTE]No, the Larkes are a new WNBA team and 12th is head over heels for them.

SmootSmack 05-02-2008 03:09 PM

Maybe he meant Lark Voorhies aka Lisa Turtle...I was a fan of her as well :)