Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Other Sports (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Busch wrecks Earnhardt Jr. at Richmond (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=23439)

jsarno 05-04-2008 04:04 PM

Busch wrecks Earnhardt Jr. at Richmond

I heard the commentators "explaination", but of course they are being nice. It looked clear as day that Busch wrecked Jr. It was disgusting, and Busch is quickly becoming my most hated driver.
When you view the replays, you can (with the naked eye) see Busch turned RIGHT into Jr. There is no explanation for that other than his full blown attempt to wreck him. It was a very good race, with some unfortunate circumstances (such as Hamlin dominating the whole race then lost because of a slow leak in his right front tire), but to intentionally wreck Jr. like that with 2 laps left is complete BS.
Even if you want to view it as "unintentional", Busch should still know how to hit that corner, and there is absolutely no doubt that he roamed up the track and intiated the contact. Disgusting display...simply disgusting. If I was a Jr. fan, I'd be IRATE about this. Busch needs to be fined for wreckless driving.

BDBohnzie 05-05-2008 03:11 PM

Re: Busch wrecks Earnhardt Jr. at Richmond

What I saw (as I check my Tony Stewart Fan Club membership card at the door) was two drivers trying to win a race...

Both went hard into the corner, both could have given each other room and didn't. Kyle Busch was real loose as he got into the corner, and as Junior tried to hold his line, Busch over corrected and got into Junior. Could have it been prevented? Sure. Was it intentional? I seriously doubt it. If the roles were reversed, would it have been the same result? Maybe. 72 starts between wins is a hard pill to swallow...but you could see how pissed off Junior was.

If anything, you get mad at Denny Hamlin for not coming off right away when he knew the tire was soft and deflating...his caution put Busch right in tow with Junior. Don't think he was trying to help a teammate or following orders when he knew he was toast?

jsarno 05-05-2008 09:31 PM

[QUOTE=BDBohnzie;446840]What I saw (as I check my Tony Stewart Fan Club membership card at the door) was two drivers trying to win a race...

Both went hard into the corner, both could have given each other room and didn't. Kyle Busch was real loose as he got into the corner, and as Junior tried to hold his line, Busch over corrected and got into Junior. Could have it been prevented? Sure. Was it intentional? I seriously doubt it. If the roles were reversed, would it have been the same result? Maybe. 72 starts between wins is a hard pill to swallow...but you could see how pissed off Junior was.

If anything, you get mad at Denny Hamlin for not coming off right away when he knew the tire was soft and deflating...his caution put Busch right in tow with Junior. Don't think he was trying to help a teammate or following orders when he knew he was toast?[/QUOTE]

There is no doubt in my mind Hamlin came to practically a stop to enduce a caution...thus the 2 or 3 lap penalty. Can't say I blame him for trying to help a teammate though. It was wrong, but his heart was in the right place.

I ask you, if you have it recorded, to watch Busch's front tires, they turn right into Jr. I have no doubt he wrecked him on purpose. Had that been Burton, or someone of high character, I would be more inclined to blow it off as nothing, but this is Busch here. He's a pain in the ass.

jsarno 05-05-2008 09:32 PM

Where's SS in this discussion...a NASCAR discussion without him just isn't a discussion.

SmootSmack 05-05-2008 10:09 PM

I can see how one might think this must have been intentional. One might say this must be Busch's revenge for Junior spinning him out in Kansas last year effectively eliminating KB from championship contention. And Kyle Busch is such a good racer (he might win the Triple Crown this year; Craftsman, Nationwide, and Sprint) that it's hard to believe he didn't do that on purpose.

Still...in my opinion it was just hard racing where KB's car got a little loose, but he didn't deliberately turn his car into Junior. I think some people are just looking for a story that isn't there.

Redskins247 05-06-2008 05:36 PM

Jsarno...I'm pretty much with these other guys...while I'm not a big Kyle fan, and after OUR loyalty to #24...I do pull for Jr and Hamlin....I think it was just hard racing and bad luck for Jr. Had they been in the opposite positions, I think the same thing would've happened sending Kyle in the wall. I'd say Jr was trying to block, and Kyle slid up the track. Now Michael Waltrip hitting Casey Mears....now THAT was intentional :)

jsarno 05-06-2008 11:31 PM

[QUOTE=Redskins247;447021]Jsarno...I'm pretty much with these other guys...while I'm not a big Kyle fan, and after OUR loyalty to #24...I do pull for Jr and Hamlin....I think it was just hard racing and bad luck for Jr. Had they been in the opposite positions, I think the same thing would've happened sending Kyle in the wall. I'd say Jr was trying to block, and Kyle slid up the track. Now Michael Waltrip hitting Casey Mears....now THAT was intentional :)[/QUOTE]

I just need a logical explanation as to why you can clearly see Busch's tires turn right then.

For some reason, I missed Waltrip hitting Mears. I heard about it, but I do not recall the actual hit. I must have went to restroom or something.

BDBohnzie 05-07-2008 09:34 AM

The logical explanation is Busch's car being loose as hell on old tires, and he overcorrected as he tried to hold his line. If he wanted to do it on purpose, he had the 2 previous turns before as well that he could have wrecked him as they were fighting for position. But agree to disagree I guess, as you're going to see it done on purpose with the rest of Junior Nation, while some of us see it as unintentional.

jsarno 05-07-2008 11:16 PM

[QUOTE=BDBohnzie;447124]The logical explanation is Busch's car being loose as hell on old tires, and he overcorrected as he tried to hold his line. If he wanted to do it on purpose, he had the 2 previous turns before as well that he could have wrecked him as they were fighting for position. But agree to disagree I guess, as you're going to see it done on purpose with the rest of Junior Nation, while some of us see it as unintentional.[/QUOTE]

Alrighty.

riggins44 05-08-2008 08:35 AM

Sometime before the season is over, I see Kyle being sent spinning and "just hard racing" will be excuse.

I like Jr, but not a fan. Not a fan of Kyle Busch.

firstdown 05-08-2008 01:00 PM

I'd ask why he would wreck Jr. and cost himself a chance for the win? I'm not a big race fan but when they stated fighting for first place I knew a wreck was coming.

BleedBurgundy 05-08-2008 03:21 PM

Hey... that's our driver you guys are talking about! Seriously, I could careless about Nascar, but seeing as how you guys do... I have the chance to go to Dover and watch a race in person, meet Busch, etc. Is it worth the time to go down there? I mean, what the hell do you do at a Nascar race but watch people drive in circles? Of the people here who've seen a race in person, would it be fun for someone that isn't a Nascar fan?

redsk1 05-08-2008 04:14 PM

[quote=BleedBurgundy;447460]Hey... that's our driver you guys are talking about! Seriously, I could careless about Nascar, but seeing as how you guys do... I have the chance to go to Dover and watch a race in person, meet Busch, etc. Is it worth the time to go down there? I mean, what the hell do you do at a Nascar race but watch people drive in circles? Of the people here who've seen a race in person, would it be fun for someone that isn't a Nascar fan?[/quote]

You would most likely have a great time. If you are not a fan, at least do it once. TV really doesn't show how fast these guys are going. You've got to see it live.

You'll see some interesting people too.

firstdown 05-08-2008 04:41 PM

[quote=BleedBurgundy;447460]Hey... that's our driver you guys are talking about! Seriously, I could careless about Nascar, but seeing as how you guys do... I have the chance to go to Dover and watch a race in person, meet Busch, etc. Is it worth the time to go down there? I mean, what the hell do you do at a Nascar race but watch people drive in circles? Of the people here who've seen a race in person, would it be fun for someone that isn't a Nascar fan?[/quote]
I'm not much of a race fan but I have been to one race and it really is a good time. It was a short track Martinsville and we had a blast. Go to the short races on Sat. (not sure what they are called) they run like 10 laps their crews consist of children, neighbors, and a small tool box. We just sat there and drank a few beers (you can carry your own cooler to the races) and took turns picking driver and betting. Tail gating is fun and just watching the mix of people from red necks to Mr Office man.

riggins44 05-08-2008 04:45 PM

Even if not a NASCAR fan you need to go. There is nothing like the sound of
43 race cars running around the track. What's the worst thing that can happen if you go...become a NASCAR fan?

Like redsk1 said, you can't appreciate the speed until see it in person. I'm
a gearhead, so love the smell and sounds of a race.

jsarno 05-08-2008 08:30 PM

[QUOTE=riggins44;447387]Sometime before the season is over, I see Kyle being sent spinning and "just hard racing" will be excuse.

I like Jr, but not a fan. Not a fan of Kyle Busch.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It seems as if even the apparent intentional wrecks are pawned off as "just hard racing". Wrecks make racing MUCH more interesting, so they aren't going to try to punish it extremely hard. They will come up with any excuse to make it OK.

Just reference JGR and "smoke"...he wrecked a lot of people in his day (for some reason he isn't wrecking people this year) and people just took it as hard racing.
There is a line between hard racing and wreckless driving...and Busch was wreckless.

SmootSmack 05-13-2008 12:41 AM

Another great weekend for Stewart/Busch

jsarno 05-13-2008 08:12 PM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;448038]Another great weekend for Stewart/Busch[/QUOTE]

Didn't stewart end up -1 lap? I wouldn't call that a great weekend.

Busch looks unstoppable this year.

SmootSmack 05-13-2008 08:19 PM

[QUOTE=jsarno;448215]Didn't stewart end up -1 lap? I wouldn't call that a great weekend.

Busch looks unstoppable this year.[/QUOTE]

I was talking about Stewart winning the Nationwide race, and Busch winning the Cup race. And yes, I realize that you don't consider Nationwide "real" racing

jsarno 05-13-2008 08:22 PM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;448220]I was talking about Stewart winning the Nationwide race, and Busch winning the Cup race. And yes, I realize that you don't consider Nationwide "real" racing[/QUOTE]

OHHH. Yeah, I don't watch the nationwide races. I see them as "the minor leagues" even though a lot of the Sprint series drivers race in it.
Is that even JGR when Stewart races in nationwide?

jsarno 05-13-2008 08:22 PM

Besides, I am happy cause Gordon is in the chase right now (#10). He's had a good season, but some bad luck has had him looking up all season thus far.

SmootSmack 05-13-2008 08:25 PM

[QUOTE=jsarno;448223]OHHH. Yeah, I don't watch the nationwide races. I see them as "the minor leagues" even though a lot of the Sprint series drivers race in it.
Is that even JGR when Stewart races in nationwide?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

jsarno 05-13-2008 08:37 PM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;448225]Yes.[/QUOTE]

Didn't know he dabbled in Nationwide...does he do craftsman truck series too?

ps- you ever going to answer my PMs, or are you working on it?

SmootSmack 05-13-2008 08:45 PM

[QUOTE=jsarno;448227]Didn't know he dabbled in Nationwide...does he do craftsman truck series too?

ps- you ever going to answer my PMs, or are you working on it?[/QUOTE]

Are you asking JGR dabbles in Craftsman Truck

As for the PM, Matty should be answering you soon. I don't know if he'll be back on tonight, so maybe tomorrow. Don't worry, we didn't ignore you or the situation.

jsarno 05-13-2008 09:01 PM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;448228]Are you asking JGR dabbles in Craftsman Truck[/quote]
Yes, that's what I am asking.

[quote]As for the PM, Matty should be answering you soon. I don't know if he'll be back on tonight, so maybe tomorrow. Don't worry, we didn't ignore you or the situation.[/QUOTE]

OK, thank you.

BDBohnzie 05-14-2008 12:13 AM

JGR doesn't have any trucks...just cars. 3 Cup Cars, 2 Nationwide cars, and 2 kids driving in the "minors" (Late Model, etc).

jsarno 05-14-2008 01:34 AM

[QUOTE=BDBohnzie;448292]JGR doesn't have any trucks...just cars. 3 Cup Cars, 2 Nationwide cars, and 2 kids driving in the "minors" (Late Model, etc).[/QUOTE]

I'm probably botching his name pretty bad, but doesn't Eric Almirola (sp?) race with JGR? I recall the #80 being a JGR car...but I could be wrong.

SmootSmack 05-14-2008 01:52 AM

[QUOTE=jsarno;448298]I'm probably botching his name pretty bad, but doesn't Eric Almirola (sp?) race with JGR? I recall the #80 being a JGR car...but I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Aric. He used to, but I think he's with DEI now.

BDBohnzie 05-14-2008 09:21 AM

Yep. Aric Almirola is splitting time with Mark Martin in Junior's old ride. He finished 8th at Bristol this year...

jsarno 05-14-2008 11:46 PM

[QUOTE=BDBohnzie;448340]Yep. Aric Almirola is splitting time with Mark Martin in Junior's old ride. He finished 8th at Bristol this year...[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah...I forgot about that.
So what happened to the #80 car?

jsarno 05-14-2008 11:46 PM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;448300]Aric. He used to, but I think he's with DEI now.[/QUOTE]

Funny...I thought I was botching his last name, not his first. haha. woops.