Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Which rookie will have the most impact in 2008? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=23504)

redsk1 05-13-2008 02:33 PM

Re: Which rookie will have the most impact in 2008?

[quote=Sheriff Gonna Getcha;448108]5 TDs and 500 yards is an awful lot of production for a #2 TE. Supposing Campbell throws for 3,300 yards and 20 TDs (a good year), Moss should [I]at least[/I] put up 900 yards, ARE should [I]at least[/I] get another 400, Cooley another 700, and Portis (who Zorn wants to get even more involved in the passing game) another 400. That leaves us with 900 yards between Thomas, Kelly and Davis. I'd be surprised if Davis had more than 250 yards and 3 TDs.[/quote]

Yea, i was going to go w/ 350-450, 3-5 TD's but hey i just think w/ Cooley, Moss, Thomas/Kelly, he might see some open areas of the field. He's a talented guy. But i see where you are coming from. We can only hope.

GMScud 05-13-2008 02:44 PM

I say Durant Brooks by a hair over Devin Thomas. The guy is a 50+ yard punting machine, and with Pacman Jones and Desean Jackson new additions to division rivals and both very explosive punt returners, we need consistency in the punting game. Forgive the pun, but Frost is too hot and, ahem, cold.

chrisl4064 05-13-2008 02:56 PM

Went with Thomas, for obvious reasons. I think he will see more playing time than anyone else so just by default he should do better. The thread was which rookie will have the biggest impact. Brooks may win out, but im not sure how much of an impact a punter can truley have. He had better be damn good to beat out a WR.

FRPLG 05-13-2008 03:02 PM

It is tough between the first four. Brooks has the best shot at winning a job outright but both of the WRs could be big factors if they gel quickly. On top of that Rinehart could conceivably win a starting job outright and be a big contributor. We've got numerous draftees with the talent to contribute. I know we shorted our dline a bit but I am more stoked about our draft every day.

RMSkins 05-13-2008 03:02 PM

I think that we have drafted a few players that could end up starting and having an impact for us this year. I definitely think Durant Brooks will be our starting punter, I feel that Kareem Moore/Chris Horton have a decent shot at supplanting Doughty at SS, Thomas/Kelly could really push ARE for the #2 WR spot, and Rinehart could push Kendall at LG. With that being said-- most of these transitions will probably take place in 2009.

FRPLG 05-13-2008 03:07 PM

[QUOTE=RMSkins;448128]I think that we have drafted a few players that could end up starting and having an impact for us this year. I definitely think Durant Brooks will be our starting punter, I feel that Kareem Moore/Chris Horton have a decent shot at supplanting Doughty at SS, Thomas/Kelly could really push ARE for the #2 WR spot, and Rinehart could push Kendall at LG. With that being said-- most of these transitions will probably take place in 2009.[/QUOTE]

I will be shocked actually if one of the WRs isn't our #2. ARE operates so well from the slot and I think if we can get one of those WRs clicking then a better set up has them at #2. I bet we also see a little bit of Moss sitting to keep him more healthy so maybe we'll get Thomas running #1 at times with kelly at 2 and ARE at slot.

I am simply guessing that ARE is going to end up entrenched at slot but he fits it so well. He made a lot of plays for Pittsburg there and I think a return to that spot will bring his production up. Especially in terms of TDs. He's got the athletic ability to score from the 15 out of the slot consititently.

MTK 05-13-2008 03:20 PM

I'll be pretty surprised if Frost beats out Brooks, so from that perspective I think Brooks could have the biggest impact since he could be the only full-time player out of the bunch. I also think that Kelly could have an immediate impact.

Redskin334 05-13-2008 04:38 PM

I went with Durant brooks but if Fred Davis was on the poll I would have gone with him. Reason being I think it would be pretty tough for defenses to cover him and Cooley at the same time along with our WR's

BeastsoftheNFCeast 05-13-2008 04:38 PM

Im surprised Fred Davis isnt on this list, but i still voted for thomas

wilsowilso 05-13-2008 05:47 PM

I know that watching college highlights can be really deceiving, but Kelly looked like he was a major mismatch problem and I'm talking about against the big boy programs. He also has those crazy good hands so I'm going with our third pick in the second round. I sure hope he proves that his game isn't about straight line speed because if it isn't then I think he might be a major steal.

doman29@hotmail.com 05-13-2008 06:54 PM

REDSK1:
I totally agree with u on Fred Davis cuz that is who I voted on cuz in this new offense installed he is gonna be a dangerous weapon for our team I watched him play at usc and he is a banger he had quite a bit of TD's at USC

Dirtbag59 05-13-2008 06:54 PM

For me it's a toss up between Brooks and Rhinehart. Right now I think that ARE and Moss will both have great years, in part because this seems to happen a lot when teams draft future replacements.

Actually now that I think about it, it'll probably be Brooks. If anything the easiest transition from the college to pro's is Punter, even more so then Running Back. In fact it might even be slightly easier in terms of transition since you're doing exactly what you did in college except this time with better protection. That is unless more kicks get blocked in the pro's, but in my opinion it seems to happen a lot more often on the college level.

With college kickers you always have to wonder how they'll adjust without a kicking block. Of course the angles are a lot easier but that kicking without that block on field goals is a huge transition for some kickers.

The downside to being a punter in the NFL of course is the fact that theres only 32 spots available. Maybe slightly more if a team decides to add you as a kickoff specilist, but that doesn't really seem to be the norm.

mooby 05-13-2008 07:01 PM

Damn yo I went in here thinking I would be original voting for Brooks lolol, it turns out he's quite the popular choice. Either way I do think he's going to have a big impact, look at how Sepulvida (sp?) played last year for the Steelers, the kid was dy-na-mite.

skinsnut 05-13-2008 08:00 PM

This is easy.
Brooks is the only possible starter.
Even though he's a punter....he'll control field position more consistantly than the rest.
Which is very important if we think our "D" might lose a step.

Daseal 05-13-2008 08:17 PM

I went Brooks. He's more or less guaranteed playing time and the kid is a stud. I loved him as a late round pick.