Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   F... the dentist (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=23545)

MTK 05-20-2008 10:03 AM

F... the dentist

Ok so along with recently having a wisdom tooth removed and my normal cleaning, I have to get a filling today AND begin the first of 4 periodontal cleanings.

F... the dentist!

djnemo65 05-20-2008 10:28 AM

Re: F... the dentist

ooh, I hate that guy. He's so arrogant and he's mean too.

dmek25 05-20-2008 10:32 AM

im the opposite. i love going. to me, there is nothing like the feel of your teeth, right after they have been cleaned. that, and i have only ever had 1 cavity in my entire life

Monkeydad 05-20-2008 10:42 AM

Amatuer. 1 wisdom tooth removal? Try 4 at a time. :)

saden1 05-20-2008 11:24 AM

Here here. I have to go in on June to get two fillings. I can't have cereal without honey and I'm willing to pay the price.

MTK 05-20-2008 12:04 PM

But hey at least I get to leave work early today.

How sad is that? I'd rather sit in a dentist's chair than be at work.

mredskins 06-08-2010 01:37 PM

This morning I went in for a crown. When the dentist was drilling she slipped and buried the drill into my tongue!

My tongue still hurts and when it happened they had to peel me off the ceiling. I can't wait to go back next week to have the permanent crown put on.

InsaneBoost 06-08-2010 02:17 PM

I remember when I was younger they use to novicate (sp) the mouth with a like 5 inch long needle, well maybe it wasn't that long, but it seemed that way at the time. Use to drive me insane, terrified of them and now thinking about it, I think that's why I have a phobia of needles.

I think they use a small socket wrench looking type thing now that shoots air.

MTK 06-08-2010 02:17 PM

[quote=mredskins;705336]This morning I went in for a crown. When the dentist was drilling she slipped and buried the drill into my tongue!

My tongue still hurts and when it happened they had to peel me off the ceiling. I can't wait to go back next week to have the permanent crown put on.[/quote]

Ouch man that's ridiculous.

I recently had a filling done and she started drilling before the novocaine took hold, f'ing hurt like a mother. She shot me up again and my face was numb until 9pm that night. F the dentist, just F 'em.

firstdown 06-08-2010 02:33 PM

Do you get Novocain or just get them to drill? The few times they have drilled I've passed on the novocain and it really did not hurt very much. I wouldn't "F" my current dentist but I would have "F" my old denist.

mredskins 06-08-2010 02:41 PM

[quote=Mattyk;705346]Ouch man that's ridiculous.

I recently had a filling done and she started drilling before the novocaine took hold, f'ing hurt like a mother. She shot me up again and my face was numb until 9pm that night. F the dentist, just F 'em.[/quote]

Mine was an accident and I understand that but you are saying is BS it is because they have booked like 25 people for the same time slot and they are in a huge rush to get it done.

MTK 06-08-2010 02:45 PM

[quote=mredskins;705350]Mine was an accident and I understand that but you are saying is BS it is because they have booked like 25 people for the same time slot and they are in a huge rush to get it done.[/quote]

I shit you not while the dentist was doing my filling she had a hygienist in her grill the entire time asking her questions about another patient. I'm like hello can you focus on me for a second?

MTK 06-08-2010 02:48 PM

[quote=firstdown;705347]Do you get Novocain or just get them to drill? The few times they have drilled I've passed on the novocain and it really did not hurt very much. I wouldn't "F" my current dentist but I would have "F" my old denist.[/quote]

She shot me up twice. No way I could have gone with nothing. She said it was a deep filling, it's still sensitive even now a few weeks later.

BleedBurgundy 06-08-2010 02:48 PM

here's my dentist horror story: I'm stationed in Iceland in '99. I have 4 wisdom teeth with the roots hooked under that I had to have removed. So i get strapped into the chair and THEN the dentist informs me that there is no novacaine, there's a shortage or something, no clue really. So I get to sit in that chair with this d-bag's foot practically on my chest listening to to him snap each tooth into small enough pieces to pull out. Honestly, it was the worst pain I've ever felt for the first 5-6 minutes, and then I don't remember it hurting all that bad afterward. They gave me the percocet prescription from hell and I went home looking like I had gotten hit in the face with a Buick.

MTK 06-08-2010 02:52 PM

[quote=BleedBurgundy;705353]here's my dentist horror story: I'm stationed in Iceland in '99. I have 4 wisdom teeth with the roots hooked under that I had to have removed. So i get strapped into the chair and THEN the dentist informs me that there is no novacaine, there's a shortage or something, no clue really. So I get to sit in that chair with this d-bag's foot practically on my chest listening to to him snap each tooth into small enough pieces to pull out. Honestly, it was the worst pain I've ever felt for the first 5-6 minutes, and then I don't remember it hurting all that bad afterward. They gave me the percocet prescription from hell and I went home looking like I had gotten hit in the face with a Buick.[/quote]

Screw the novocaine they normally put you out for something like that. F'ing A man. F'ing A.

SolidSnake84 06-08-2010 02:52 PM

I started going to the dentist regularly again last year, after having not gone in 10 years.....no lie.

I had always taken good care of my teeth, never had any cavities, and my mouth was always ok. But i knew too much time had gone by, and i wanted to avoid tooth loss or gum disease.

I hated the dentist as a kid, because it hurt...they were so rough on the cleanings, and it was just generally horrible.

10 years later and things are sooo different. They gave me a topical gel that numbed my gums for the cleaning, and they use a water pick type thing to scrape off tartar instead of that awful digging thing.

Just last October i got a new crown on my front tooth to replace one that i got 10 years before from an auto accident. It's like i have new front teeth that perfectly match and everything is wonderful. It made me feel so much better about myself.

Not everyone's stories are good, but i was happy when i went again. Now i have nothing to worry about any more.

firstdown 06-08-2010 03:32 PM

[quote=Mattyk;705352]She shot me up twice. No way I could have gone with nothing. She said it was a deep filling, it's still sensitive even now a few weeks later.[/quote]

Not sure why but having mine drilled without novocain has never really hurt. My dentist is from the old school and never over books his office. I don't think I have ever waited more then 5 min. and he does not do the rush you in and out thing. That was my old dentist which was hot but that was the only positive she had.

mredskins 06-08-2010 03:34 PM

[quote=BleedBurgundy;705353]here's my dentist horror story: I'm stationed in Iceland in '99. I have 4 wisdom teeth with the roots hooked under that I had to have removed. So i get strapped into the chair and THEN the dentist informs me that there is no novacaine, there's a shortage or something, no clue really. So I get to sit in that chair with this d-bag's foot practically on my chest listening to to him snap each tooth into small enough pieces to pull out. Honestly, it was the worst pain I've ever felt for the first 5-6 minutes, and then I don't remember it hurting all that bad afterward. They gave me the percocet prescription from hell and I went home looking like I had gotten hit in the face with a Buick.[/quote]

I had all four of mine taken out with Novocaine; not put under but when you said about the snapping noise that will stay with me forever, weirdest sound ever, funny story behind it as well here it goes:

So I go to the oral surgeon first appointment of the day next to me is a special needs boy, retarded for lack of a better term. I was talking to him and his mom in the waiting room and come to find he is getting his out the same way, he is allergic to being put under or it was a high risk some shit. I was not going under cause it cost way more to do it that way. They bring us back and he is in the room next to me. I hear the dentist go in his room and explain to him in a really slow voice that he is going to hear things like rice krispes "snap krackel pop". I was like that is a cute way of telling him. Next the dentist comes in my room and does the same "snap krackel pop" story, I am thinking the whole time I most look like retarded to this guy.

MTK 06-08-2010 03:54 PM

[quote=SolidSnake84;705358]I started going to the dentist regularly again last year, after having not gone in 10 years.....no lie.[/quote]

I went about 12 years. Now that I go regularly I look back and see how dumb that was. I might complain about going but it's really not a big deal and the benefits outweigh the negatives.

mredskins 06-08-2010 04:09 PM

[quote=Mattyk;705378]I went about 12 years. Now that I go regularly I look back and see how dumb that was. I might complain about going but it's really not a big deal and the benefits outweigh the negatives.[/quote]

Very true! Plus gum disease can lead to a whole lot of other issues.

Slingin Sammy 33 06-08-2010 04:32 PM

[quote=BleedBurgundy;705353]here's my dentist horror story: I'm stationed in Iceland in '99. I have 4 wisdom teeth with the roots hooked under that I had to have removed. So i get strapped into the chair and THEN the dentist informs me that there is no novacaine, there's a shortage or something, no clue really. So I get to sit in that chair with this d-bag's foot practically on my chest listening to to him snap each tooth into small enough pieces to pull out. Honestly, it was the worst pain I've ever felt for the first 5-6 minutes, and then I don't remember it hurting all that bad afterward. They gave me the percocet prescription from hell and I went home looking like I had gotten hit in the face with a Buick.[/quote]The USAF tried that crap with me in '89. The folks I went to see in out-proceesing said I had to get my wisdom teeth out and they weren't going to put me out, even though I had no problems with them. Fortunately I was stateside at Ft. Meade and my childhood dentist was in Bethesda. My dentist told me that the bottom two were impacted and there's no way I would stay conscious from the pain. I told the USAF folks they weren't touching my teeth and I'd sign whatever waiver was needed or I'd go up the chain on them. Needless to say they "didn't need a waiver" and I kept my wisdom teeth.

Eventually had them out about 4-5 years ago and went out for it.

BleedBurgundy 06-08-2010 05:04 PM

[quote=Slingin Sammy 33;705384]The USAF tried that crap with me in '89. The folks I went to see in out-proceesing said I had to get my wisdom teeth out and they weren't going to put me out, even though I had no problems with them. Fortunately I was stateside at Ft. Meade and my childhood dentist was in Bethesda. My dentist told me that the bottom two were impacted and there's no way I would stay conscious from the pain. I told the USAF folks they weren't touching my teeth and I'd sign whatever waiver was needed or I'd go up the chain on them. Needless to say they "didn't need a waiver" and I kept my wisdom teeth.

Eventually had them out about 4-5 years ago and went out for it.[/quote]

I spent a year at Ft. Meade at the Defense Information School. What a great time that was...

mredskins 07-09-2010 12:38 PM

Going back at 3 this afternoon to get my crown put on. No fun but this part is fairly painless and quick.

mlmpetert 07-09-2010 12:54 PM

[quote=dmek25;449204]im the opposite. i love going. to me, there is nothing like the feel of your teeth, right after they have been cleaned. that, and i have only ever had 1 cavity in my entire life[/quote]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I love going too. That super clean feeling is sweet, plus i got 2 smoking hot girls at my place that clean my teeth. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I had to go about 2 weeks ago because my bite was messed up. I was given the choice of breaking my entire jaw and realigning it correctly or shaving my teeth down on one side. I went with the shaving, and although that visit sucks my bite is 1000x times better then what I had been dealing with and worth it.[/FONT][/COLOR]

mlmdub130 07-09-2010 02:39 PM

[quote=mlmpetert;711569][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I love going too. That super clean feeling is sweet, plus i got 2 smoking hot girls at my place that clean my teeth. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I had to go about 2 weeks ago because my bite was messed up. I was given the choice of breaking my entire jaw and realigning it correctly or shaving my teeth down on one side. I went with the shaving, and although that visit sucks my bite is 1000x times better then what I had been dealing with and worth it.[/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

do u still brush your teeth right before you go out, you used to brush then start chuggin beers back in the days, thats f-ing gross

i don't mind the dentist but haven't been in right around 13 years or so. i'm going in the next few weeks though for a cleaning and whiting for our wedding i really need to start going again, almost a decade w/o health insurance now and working construction the majority of those years. i have had a pretty solid run, knock on wood, hopefully in the next couple months i'll be on a plan w my fiancee/wife

mlmpetert 07-09-2010 03:09 PM

[quote=mlmdub130;711603]do u still brush your teeth right before you go out, you used to brush then start chuggin beers back in the days, thats f-ing gross

i don't mind the dentist but haven't been in right around 13 years or so. i'm going in the next few weeks though for a cleaning and whiting for our wedding i really need to start going again, almost a decade w/o health insurance now and working construction the majority of those years. i have had a pretty solid run, knock on wood, hopefully in the next couple months i'll be on a plan w my fiancee/wife[/quote]

I cant stand it when my mouth feels unclean. Burshing my teeth is probably the only thing i look foward to when my alarm goes off. I brush my teeth before i take a piss some days. I cant eat until i brush my teeth and i find cugging beers espicially refreshing when i got a minty mouth to go with it.