Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Other Sports (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Kimbo slice makes network debut (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=23598)

dmek25 05-09-2010 06:55 AM

Re: Kimbo slice makes network debut

Former NFL lineman TKOs Kimbo Slice
Posted by Mike Florio on May 8, 2010 11:01 PM ET
Matt Mitrione, a former member of the New York Giants and Minnesota Vikings, is now a mixed martial arts fighter. On Saturday night, Mitrione scored a technical knockout of Kimbo Slice, a YouTube sensation who is only 4-2 as a pro fighter.

Nomad 05-09-2010 09:55 AM

Yea, I even have to admit, he is overrated, street fighting doesn't equate to MMA fighting!!!! He needs to host a bogus street fighting show.... but that's about all he will ever be

skinsfan_nn 05-09-2010 10:49 AM

Put Bimbo back on the streets, where he belongs. He's a joke and out of his league.

SolidSnake84 05-09-2010 05:59 PM

Dana White has cut Kimbo from the UFC following the loss.

Kimbo will find work. He's this generation's Tank Abbott. He is entertaining to watch, and really is a nice guy, despite his intimidating appearance. His fights will end with either him knocking somebody out or him getting knocked out. He is old at 36 but he has really just begun as a Mixed Martial Artist. He has shown more each fight. Last night I thought he showed patience, something he wouldn't have done before.

BDBohnzie 05-10-2010 11:56 AM

There are plenty of start up and smaller promotions who would love to sign Kimbo to short term (1 or more fights) deals to put butts in the seats. He won't be making UFC money, but money is money.

jdlea 05-10-2010 12:26 PM

[quote=SolidSnake84;699727]Dana White has cut Kimbo from the UFC following the loss.

Kimbo will find work. He's this generation's Tank Abbott. He is entertaining to watch, and really is a nice guy, despite his intimidating appearance. His fights will end with either him knocking somebody out or him getting knocked out. He is old at 36 but he has really just begun as a Mixed Martial Artist. He has shown more each fight. Last night I thought he showed patience, something he wouldn't have done before.[/quote]

He has, but you have to wonder how he'll progress given his age. Also, there's a ton of quit in Kimbo, he pretty much just gives up when guys are outclassing him, you can see it whenever he's on his back.

[URL="http://www.franktherussianspacestationmir.com/"]My MMA blog[/URL]

SolidSnake84 05-10-2010 04:35 PM

I think Kimbo doesnt have belief in his ground game..he showed tons of heart against Roy Nelson, and almost got out from underneath, but ultimatley just fatigued.

I don't train in MMA, i just do strictly boxing, but i imagine it is hard work to get out when somebody has you on the ground...besides Mitrione out weighed him by almost 30 pounds...and he gave him just a down home country whoopin.

I think Kimbo needs to be brought along slowly, instead of fighting these seasoned guys. I really think he deserves at least a few more fights.

Think about it. he beat Alexander, and stuffed his take down attempts...i thought Kimbo had really came along...that work ethic is still there. Somebody will take a chance on him.

dmek25 05-26-2010 05:14 PM

don't know where to put this. anyone interested in Sat. nights fight? my man Rampage vs. Rashard Evans. should be a pretty good one.

BDBohnzie 05-27-2010 11:44 AM

That should be a slobberknocker. No love loss between those 2. I'm more of a fan of Evans, but if Rampage is focused, he's a mean SOB. Wonder if taking time off to film The A-Team will hurt him. Figure the winner to get a shot at Rua down the line.

jdlea 05-27-2010 12:03 PM

Yeah, I'm hosting a bunch of my friends for Rampage v. Evans on Saturday. I like both of them, but I lean more towards Rampage. I have a feeling he might announce his return with authority and knock Rashad out...at least that's what I'm hoping happens

SolidSnake84 05-27-2010 01:24 PM

Jackson by KO early. Too much hate in that man. Rampage all the way.