Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Meetup (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-meetup/)
-   -   Chris Cooley & Jason Campbell Autograph Event (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-meetup/23613-chris-cooley-jason-campbell-autograph-event.html)

Redskin Rich 06-03-2008 09:32 AM

Chris Cooley & Jason Campbell Autograph Event

Priced kind of high (especially for Campbell IMO) but here is the info:

[URL="http://www.psgamegear.com"]www.psgamegear.com[/URL]

[CENTER][SIZE=6]Jason Campbell & Chris Cooley[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Saturday June 14th, 2008 1pm-3pm[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Autograph Fee: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Jason Campbell - $75.00 per item[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Chris Cooley - $65.00 per item [/SIZE][/CENTER]

killromo 06-03-2008 11:17 AM

Re: Chris Cooley & Jason Campbell Autograph Event

That is expensive for both imo, but especially campbell since he is not even a pro-bowler.

SC Skins Fan 06-03-2008 11:27 AM

Agreed, last September they had Cooley for $35 but now he is all big-time :). I'm actually paying the price for the Campbell because I really want Campbell's auto on a 75th Anniversary Throwback helmet (and I got a good price on the helmet so I could justify the autograph price - at least to myself), but I frankly don't know how you can actually justify that price except that there are a few suckers out there like me who will pay it. The nice thing about PSGameGear which maybe does help justify their prices a bit, is that if you do a mail-in order they send you a really nice COA that includes a picture of the player signing your item. It's really a very nice service that adds real value to the item if you ever wanted to sell.

That said, I'm also getting a Sam Huff autographed helmet and only paying $35 for a Hall of Famer's signature (Charley Taylor only charges $10), so explain that one to me.

Redskin Rich 06-03-2008 11:35 AM

[quote=SC Skins Fan;451087]Agreed, last September they had Cooley for $35 but now he is all big-time :). I'm actually paying the price for the Campbell because I really want Campbell's auto on a 75th Anniversary Throwback helmet (and I got a good price on the helmet so I could justify the autograph price - at least to myself), but I frankly don't know how you can actually justify that price except that there are a few suckers out there like me who will pay it. The nice thing about PSGameGear which maybe does help justify their prices a bit, is that if you do a mail-in order they send you a really nice COA that includes a picture of the player signing your item. It's really a very nice service that adds real value to the item if you ever wanted to sell.

That said, I'm also getting a Sam Huff autographed helmet and only paying $35 for a Hall of Famer's signature (Charley Taylor only charges $10), so explain that one to me.[/quote]
The difference between Taylor and Huff is Taylor does a million things where Huff doesn't sign that often (supply and demand) Of course, I agree Charley Taylor is underpriced.

Go figure, $75 for someone who has yet to do anything and could go the way of Ramsey, Schuler etc, etc, etc or $35 for a Hall of Famer. You know where my vote is.

SC Skins Fan 06-03-2008 11:38 AM

[quote=Redskin Rich;451088]The difference between Taylor and Huff is Taylor does a million things where Huff doesn't sign that often (supply and demand) Of course, I agree Charley Taylor is underpriced.

Go figure, $75 for someone who has yet to do anything and could go the way of Ramsey, Schuler etc, etc, etc or $35 for a Hall of Famer. You know where my vote is.[/quote]

Oh yeah, I wasn't questioning the difference between Huff and Taylor, I was saying you can get HOFer's for $10-35 and then you have current players who are charging $75. That's what I'm saying. Like I said, I'm feeding the system by paying the price, but I recognize the lunacy even as I (literally) buy into it.

Crash 06-03-2008 11:42 AM

I got to meet Cooley last year when he was doing an appearance for WTEM...he was one of the friendliest Skins I had met...he talked with me for a couple minutes and took about a half dozen pics with a family that got there just before me.

GridIron26 06-03-2008 01:03 PM

[quote=killromo;451083]That is expensive for both imo, but especially campbell since he is not even a pro-bowler.[/quote]

Agreed - guess I will get only Cooley's autograph :(

hagams 06-04-2008 06:18 AM

I like both players, and I'm kinda upset about the Cooley price. I really don't think he's hurting for cash, and Campbell either. Like it was said above, Cooley was around 35 bucks last year, and I think Campbell was cheaper than that. I would like to hear someone justify why the huge jump in price. It really sucks, but this will be the last autograph event before I leave for Japan on the 25th for 3 years. Ugh.

Crash 06-04-2008 11:01 AM

I think some of it has to do with where they are signing. I've noticed that the prices there are usually higher.

Redskin Rich 06-04-2008 11:58 AM

[quote=hagams;451293]I like both players, and I'm kinda upset about the Cooley price. I really don't think he's hurting for cash, and Campbell either. Like it was said above, Cooley was around 35 bucks last year, and I think Campbell was cheaper than that. I would like to hear someone justify why the huge jump in price. It really sucks, but this will be the last autograph event before I leave for Japan on the 25th for 3 years. Ugh.[/quote]
If you don't like their prices, go get Sam Huff in Fredericksburg on the same day for only $35...I love that a Hall of Famer is less than half the price of someone who has yet to do anything yet.