Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Vinny Cerrato Says Marcus Mason Will Have A Great Preseason (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/23637-vinny-cerrato-says-marcus-mason-will.html)

T.O.Killa 06-05-2008 10:51 PM

Vinny Cerrato Says Marcus Mason Will Have A Great Preseason

Vinny Cerrato said that he thinks Marcus Mason will have a great preseason and cause some very tough decisions. You know that Portis and Betts are locks, so that leaves Cartright. I cant see them cutting Cartright no matter how good he looks, because of his return ability. I will be interesting to see how they handle that dilemma.

GMScud 06-05-2008 11:08 PM

Re: Vinny Cerrato Says Marcus Mason Will Have A Great Preseason

[quote=T.O.Killa;451591]Vinny Cerrato said that he thinks Marcus Mason will have a great preseason and cause some very tough decisions. You know that Portis and Betts are locks, so that leaves Cartright. I cant see them cutting Cartright no matter how good he looks, because of his return ability. I will be interesting to see how they handle that dilemma.[/quote]

Link?

T.O.Killa 06-05-2008 11:13 PM

You have to listen to redskins radio show today. It is available in the audio archives. He comes on every Thursday and is very candid and answers almost everything.

GMScud 06-05-2008 11:26 PM

[quote=T.O.Killa;451597]You have to listen to redskins radio show today. It is available in the audio archives. He comes on every Thursday and is very candid and answers almost everything.[/quote]

Well I hope Vinny's right. Marucs and I went to the same high school (never knew him, I'm 6 years older), he's a Maryland native, and #1 in nearly every single state high school rushing statistic. I'd love to see him make a statement. If he outplays Rock, good for him.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 06-06-2008 12:26 AM

I love Rock, he's a team leader despite limited playing time, he's a good returner and he's made the most of the few opportunities he's had to carry the ball. But Betts is a solid kick returner, as is Thomas. But, Portis, Betts, and Rock are all about the same age and I wouldn't mind seeing some young blood enter our RB corps. So, I would not be the least bit surprised if Rock is cut and Mason takes his spot.

Mattyk 06-06-2008 08:31 AM

Mason over Rock?

No way.

SmootSmack 06-06-2008 08:51 AM

Great preseason? Interesting comment. That doesn't always amount to much, if anything. Will he have a better preseason than Sultan McCullough? Will he join the Redskins preseason HOF alongside Babe Laufenberg?

J. Spanky 06-06-2008 08:53 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;451616]Mason over Rock?

No way.[/QUOTE]

agreed.

i'd much rather see mason have a strong pre-season and generate some trade value. then we can unload him on an rb needy team for a back-up center or something else we actually need.

Mattyk 06-06-2008 09:02 AM

Even if Mason has an outstanding preseason he's not going to have any trade value. Backup RBs are a dime a dozen.

Crash 06-06-2008 09:04 AM

Unless Portis, Betts & Rock all get hurt I can't see Mason on anything but the practice squad again

GridIron26 06-06-2008 11:03 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;451616]Mason over Rock?

No way.[/quote]

Why not? However I don't think Skins would actually release Rock cuz of his leadership and experience.. But I think Mason can jump over Rock for #3 RB..

mooby 06-06-2008 11:10 AM

I think this will be a very interesting battle. I like both Marcus and Rock so we'll see, let the better player win.

Daseal 06-06-2008 11:13 AM

I really like Marcus Mason -- I'm really not opposed to dealing Betts if we can get something in return.

Monkeydad 06-06-2008 11:18 AM

Cut Frost, free up an extra spot. :D

Maybe our new punter can kick FGs too.

Mattyk 06-06-2008 11:33 AM

[quote=GridIron26;451654]Why not? However I don't think Skins would actually release Rock cuz of his leadership and experience.. But I think Mason can jump over Rock for #3 RB..[/quote]

Danny Smith is a big Rock guy, so unless someone else beats him out as a return man I can't see Rock getting cut.