Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   Crime Watchers Hartford CT Video (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/23664-crime-watchers-hartford-ct-video.html)

Redskin Rich 06-10-2008 09:43 AM

Crime Watchers Hartford CT Video

I find it amazing how all those people were walking around without helping the guy... especially all of the cars driving past:

[YT]J_E3ldpFbjo[/YT]

Hog1 06-10-2008 10:01 AM

Re: Crime Watchers Hartford CT Video

Hmmmm, I am now taking Hartford off my nominee list for top 10 friendliest American cities

Mattyk 06-10-2008 10:10 AM

Sorry to anyone who may live there but Hartford is a dump of a city.

This video is pretty disturbing to say the least.

Redskin Rich 06-10-2008 10:26 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;452171]Sorry to anyone who may live there but Hartford is a dump of a city.

This video is pretty disturbing to say the least.[/quote]

I know I will take a rating hit from SmootSmack for this comment, but I don't know much about those Yankee states... I thought Hartford CT was supposed to be a beautiful town filled with Yuppie families that take the train to NYC to work?

mredskins 06-10-2008 10:43 AM

It looks like one guy came up to him. Hopefully someone had called 911. One the worst things you could do is move someone that could have a potential back injury. Also, there are a lot of variables that the camera is not showing you. For example if this in a bad section of town most people in cars are not stopping. Sometimes going home from work I drive 40 east through Baltimore (scary area) I am not stopping there unless I ran him over. In the end it is a sad world we live in now a days.

SmootSmack 06-10-2008 11:01 AM

Yeah that was all over the news last week up here. It's pretty shameful. I've been to Hartford maybe 5 times in the two years I've lived here, pass it all the time on the way to the airport though. West Hartford is pretty decent, the rest I really don't know much about.

I now live about 2 hours away from Hartford, so I imagine I'll be spending even less time there than I ever did before.

As for Redskin Rich's Yankee States comment, a) even though I live up here now I don't really consider myself a New Englander, I'm still a DC kid, and b) that's a pretty lame blanket statement to make about everyone up here.

Mattyk 06-10-2008 11:09 AM

[quote=Redskin Rich;452174]I know I will take a rating hit from SmootSmack for this comment, but I don't know much about those Yankee states... [B]I thought Hartford CT was supposed to be a beautiful town filled with Yuppie families that take the train to NYC to work[/B]?[/quote]

As someone who's lived in the Northeast my entire life I have no clue what you're trying to say here.

mredskins 06-10-2008 11:21 AM

I think he is confussing Hartford for Fairfeild CT.

Hartford is pretty blue collar.

mooby 06-10-2008 11:23 AM

I read the article about this last week but I didn't see anything about it now. Society has hit a new low when a man is a victim of a hit and run and nobody even bothers to check and see if he's ok and cars just keep passing by like nothing's wrong.

Redskin Rich 06-10-2008 11:26 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;452185]As someone who's lived in the Northeast my entire life I have no clue what you're trying to say here.[/quote]
All I know about CT is what you hear on TV shows etc... I always thought of it as a nice New England city where it is a friendly place.

I admit to not knowing much about the geography in your neck of the woods.

mredskins 06-10-2008 11:31 AM

[quote=Redskin Rich;452189]All I know about CT is what you hear on TV shows etc... I always thought of it as a nice New England city where it is a friendly place.

I admit to not knowing much about the geography in your neck of the woods.[/quote]

So why comment?

EEich 06-10-2008 11:31 AM

I live here... it doesn't surprise me at all.

Mattyk 06-10-2008 11:35 AM

[quote=Redskin Rich;452189]All I know about CT is what you hear on TV shows etc... I always thought of it as a nice New England city where it is a friendly place.

I admit to not knowing much about the geography in your neck of the woods.[/quote]

CT is pretty much like anywhere else. It has it's share of nice areas and some not so nice areas.

Hog1 06-10-2008 12:23 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;452192]CT is pretty much like anywhere else. It has it's share of nice areas and some not so nice areas.[/quote]

Didn't Rob and Laura Petrie live there?

Redskin Rich 06-10-2008 12:39 PM

[quote=Hog1;452199]Didn't Rob and Laura Petrie live there?[/quote]
Yea, that is the image that first comes to mind when I hear Hartford, CT