Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Gear (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-gear/)
-   -   Art Monk in Chantilly (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-gear/23686-art-monk-in-chantilly.html)

72SKINS 06-12-2008 12:47 PM

Art Monk in Chantilly

Just announced Art monk will be signing at the CSA show in Chantilly next month. July 11-13th . Prices have not been announced as of yet. Check out there website for more updates.

[url=http://www.csashows.com/]Collectors' Showcase of America[/url]

Also in July Art and Darrell will be in Fredericksburg Va. promoting their respective charities.. heres the website.

[url=http://www.route281.com/fredte.html]Art Monk & Darrell Green Hall of Fame Tour - sponsored by Hilaron[/url]

Crash 06-12-2008 02:19 PM

Re: Art Monk in Chantilly

They are both supposed to be at the Bobby Mitchell Golf Tournament July 13 as well

[url=http://www.leukemia-lymphoma.org/all_page.adp?item_id=29805]Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Bobby Mitchell/TOYOTA Hall of Fame Golf Classic[/url]

mcarey032 06-13-2008 02:10 PM

yeah his price will be equal to D. Green. What gip! I think that they should be cutting us fans a break. I fully support and appreciate capitalism , but seriously, how much money do they need?

SC Skins Fan 06-13-2008 03:18 PM

[quote=mcarey032;452766]yeah his price will be equal to D. Green. What gip! I think that they should be cutting us fans a break. I fully support and appreciate capitalism , but seriously, how much money do they need?[/quote]

I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that Green's price was so high because he put the money into his Youth Life Foundation. So maybe Monk will be lower, though he never signs so he can probably charge what he wants and people will still pay.

killromo 06-13-2008 06:02 PM

Am I to understand that the hall of fame tour is $25 and you get both Darrell and Art's autograph if you buy the merchandise there? If so that's an unbelievable deal. There must be a catch.

SC Skins Fan 06-17-2008 12:58 PM

They announced the prices for Monk. Same as DG. Bummer.

jdlea 06-17-2008 01:11 PM

I think the reason that players charge so much for autographs is because they know that half of the stuff will be on eBay before they get home that night. I don't know that it's necessarily for them to make money, more like, "if you're going to profit from it, then why shouldn't I?"

That said, I was in Cooperstown last Summer and Frank Robinson (who I now dislike because of this) charges $200 for an autograph. For a flip of the wrist he charges $200! I happily turned him down and paid something like $10 for Vida Blue's autograph because he is an incredibly pleasant guy.

Redskin Rich 06-19-2008 06:36 PM

Take a look at how cheap it is to get both Darrell Green and Art Monk's autograph... looks like they are giving back to the fans:

[url=http://www.route281.com/events.html]Art Monk & Darrell Green Hall of Fame Tour - sponsored by Hilaron[/url]

Cooley's Commandos 06-23-2008 09:24 AM

I'm not so sure how good the deal will be. From reading the site, it say's an autograph will be included for free with an item purchased at the event. It gives no indication what the pricing will be. For example, a mini helmet could be priced at $150. The purpose of the event is to raise money for their foundations, so don't expect rock bottom prices. If you are a Skins fan, it will be a great way to spend the day regardless.

Cooley's Commandos 06-23-2008 09:31 AM

I just looked over the site again. They already have clothing listed for sale. You have to add $75 for each autograph ($75 for Monk, $75 for Greene, or $150 for both). So a mini helmet signed by both would probably cost around $170ish ($150 for the autographs and $20-25 for the helmet). Maybe I'm wrong, but this is a fundraiser after all.

Redskin Rich 06-23-2008 10:20 AM

[quote=Cooley's Commandos;453805]I just looked over the site again. They already have clothing listed for sale. You have to add $75 for each autograph ($75 for Monk, $75 for Greene, or $150 for both). So a mini helmet signed by both would probably cost around $170ish ($150 for the autographs and $20-25 for the helmet). Maybe I'm wrong, but this is a fundraiser after all.[/quote]
Are you talking about the Route 281, or CSA? Route 281 the autographs are free on the merchandise you purchase from the charity. The CSA show each autograph on a mini helmet by Monk or Green is $125 each. You may also want to learn how to spell Darrell Green's name if your going to post on this site... you will be attacked for the way you spelled it.

Cooley's Commandos 06-23-2008 11:43 AM

:( Sorry for the misspelling...very embarassing!

Anyhow, I was referring to the Route 281 show. I am just speculating on the pricing of items at the show. Do you think they will be selling mini helmets for $25 (which is around what they usually cost) or do you think they will mark them up?

Redskin Rich 06-23-2008 12:29 PM

[quote=Cooley's Commandos;453841]:( Sorry for the misspelling...very embarassing!

Anyhow, I was referring to the Route 281 show. I am just speculating on the pricing of items at the show. Do you think they will be selling mini helmets for $25 (which is around what they usually cost) or do you think they will mark them up?[/quote]
I would imagine they will have things priced on the higher end.. but still in the reasonable. I have seen some places sell mini helmets for as high as 35. I am sure you will see mark up, but I am also sure they will keep it in the reasonable range. I am also sure they will not let one person get 10 autographs... they are going to want to take care of all of the people who came out.

Cooley's Commandos 06-23-2008 01:18 PM

[quote=Redskin Rich;453846]I would imagine they will have things priced on the higher end.. but still in the reasonable. I have seen some places sell mini helmets for as high as 35. I am sure you will see mark up, but I am also sure they will keep it in the reasonable range. I am also sure they will not let one person get 10 autographs... they are going to want to take care of all of the people who came out.[/quote]

I am really hoping you are right for all of the fans sake. If not, can you imagine what it might be like? You have all of these fans come out and be told that an 8X10 picture of DG will be $80. I tried call the phone number on the 281 website, and got an automated answering service. Hopefully, they will list pricing on their website before the first tour stop. I will go regardless.

Redskin Rich 06-23-2008 01:31 PM

[quote=Cooley's Commandos;453852]I am really hoping you are right for all of the fans sake. If not, can you imagine what it might be like? You have all of these fans come out and be told that an 8X10 picture of DG will be $80. I tried call the phone number on the 281 website, and got an automated answering service. Hopefully, they will list pricing on their website before the first tour stop. I will go regardless.[/quote]
Neither Art or Darrell are stupid people. I cannot imagine they would attempt something like your afraid of. They will make sure their charity is priced lower than a price they give a show promoter.