Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins Sign Chris Horton, Release Justin Hamilton (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=23688)

T.O.Killa 06-12-2008 05:03 PM

Redskins Sign Chris Horton, Release Justin Hamilton

I Guess Justin Hamilton was not very impressive.
[url=http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=10943]Redskins Sign Horton to Rookie Deal[/url]

GridIron26 06-12-2008 06:08 PM

Re: Redskins Sign Chris Horton, Release Justin Hamilton

Perhaps they will sign him to practice squad?

Big C 06-12-2008 07:29 PM

didnt think hamilton was great at VT, didnt expect him to be a pro. not surprised by this at all

Eknox 06-13-2008 02:21 AM

Hamilton didn't seem to alway's have his head in the game , it was like he was lost in space sometimes

WillH 06-13-2008 02:39 AM

Is it me or does it seem like they are having trouble figuring out what to do at safety?

There is a big hole to fill there, one which won't ever fully be. I know doughty showed up in the last few games, and I am routing for him, but it seems like the position is up in the air. They have brought in several guys to tryout for the position, and have gone as far to say as they don't know yet where they'll line Landry up.

This makes me a bit nervous, but I figure it is still early in the offseason.

That Guy 06-13-2008 05:22 AM

landry + a warm body is still a top flight safety duo. obviously it'll never be what we wanted, but it's really not something i'd spend too much time worrying about.

724Skinsfan 06-13-2008 08:25 AM

Justin Hamilton was more of a Justin Case. Chris Horton seems to know how to tackle, which means he'll serve as a close backup to Doughty.

MTK 06-13-2008 08:31 AM

Nothing to worry about. These type of moves happen all the time at this time of year. Guys get signed and then cut shortly after. Call it the shuffling of warm bodies.

I still think we're in good shape with Doughty. Call me a Doughty backer I guess, I think he's going to be fine.

SC Skins Fan 06-13-2008 09:47 AM

Every time they sign a draft pick they will have to cut someone since they can only carry 80 on the off-season roster. Nothing to be concerned about.

SBXVII 06-13-2008 07:04 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;452719]Nothing to worry about. These type of moves happen all the time at this time of year. Guys get signed and then cut shortly after. Call it the shuffling of warm bodies.

I still think we're in good shape with Doughty. Call me a Doughty backer I guess, I think he's going to be fine.[/quote]

DOUGHTY BACKER..........

LOL ;)

NicknacK89 06-15-2008 02:10 PM

I just had a rather general question...
When should we expect the Skins to sign any of their second round picks?

Ruhskins 06-15-2008 02:31 PM

[QUOTE=NicknacK89;452891]I just had a rather general question...
When should we expect the Skins to sign any of their second round picks?[/QUOTE]

i think they are going to start to negotiate sometime next week. i heard that the team wanted to take a look at them during OTAs and see how things worked out. i'm hope we have no trouble signing them.

pstylee 06-15-2008 02:47 PM

in regards to the safety issue, we have doughty and the newly signed schweigert, who even though was on the raiders (who was a top 10 D) last year, we are going to be competitive in that area. Both of the guys i just mentioned will never be a ST, but they will be much better than AA who we had 2 seasons ago. And with a similar defense in like we had last year, both of those guys should be adequate in what we need them to do. There will never another ST, but if we can find a guy who is consistant in all aspects of the D, then we will be fine. We have more pressing issues to worry about, i.e, what depth do we have if there is a signifigant injury to either of our lines, or backers?

In regards to the draft picks, I will be willing to bet that they will all be signed by the time camp starts, and since none of them will be paid 1st round money, we will be able to afford them for cheap, and long term deals. Plus wait till camps around the league start, and if there is anymore additions that need to be made, we will have cap room to make those moves. I am anxious for the season to start.

HAIL SKINS

jsarno 06-15-2008 04:07 PM

Not a big surprise, nice info, but I'll file this info under "doesn't really matter".

That Guy 06-15-2008 06:36 PM

the FO's done well in pikcing on EJ and SS though as last minute (CHEAP) deals.

neither one's a pro bowler, but both could be quality backups or average starters.