Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Javon Walker found Unconcious, Robbed in streets of Las Vegas (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/23715-javon-walker-found-unconcious-robbed-streets.html)

Gmanc711 06-16-2008 11:20 PM

Javon Walker found Unconcious, Robbed in streets of Las Vegas

[url=http://nationalpost.pa-sportsticker.com/default.aspx?s=nfl-news-display&nid=A149164021213666680A]NFL News | National Post[/url]

Gotta hope for the best after everything we went through. I just saw this on ESPN, I know this is kind of a so/so link, but since its on ESPN its pretty legit.

SmootSmack 06-16-2008 11:24 PM

Re: Javon Walker found Unconcious, Robbed in streets of Las Vegas

I was just about to post this. Sounds like he is in better condition now. Still, orbital fracture can't be good

Hope he's ok. But ordering champagne until 6:30 in the morning...damn! I heard he dropped over $25k on champagne. I wish I could do that

djnemo65 06-16-2008 11:24 PM

That's terrible that that happened. Still, with the recent raft of high profile athlete robberies I think these guys need to start taking their security a little more seriously. More specifically, if you are going to spray a nightclub crowd with Dom P don't be on a street by yourself later.

SC Skins Fan 06-17-2008 08:24 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;453081]I was just about to post this. Sounds like he is in better condition now. Still, orbital fracture can't be good

Hope he's ok. But ordering champagne until 6:30 in the morning...damn! I heard he dropped over $25k on champagne. I wish I could do that[/quote]

After witnessing the Darrent Williams murder first hand you'd think maybe he'd be a little more careful while 'clubbing' til all hours ... or at least use a couple grand to hire some body guards.

ArtMonkDrillz 06-17-2008 08:53 AM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;453081]I was just about to post this. Sounds like he is in better condition now. Still, orbital fracture can't be good[/QUOTE] A guy on my high school wrestling team fractured his orbital during practice once. The side of his face swelled up and turned this strange green color, making him look like a zombie or something. You could tell right away that it was serious. It was not a pretty sight.
Then again, if I remember correctly the guy's bone was basically pushing on the back of his eyeball, so that might have been a 'worst case scenerio,' but still.

Hopefully he recovers quickly.

dmek25 06-17-2008 09:33 AM

when are pro athletes realize they are not invincible? hard to feel bad for guys that seem to put themselves in these situations

Jamaican'Skin 06-17-2008 09:54 AM

dmek, you say that as if Walker deserved this.

dmek25 06-17-2008 09:59 AM

i don't mean that. but because of the money, and higher public image they have, they definitely become more of a target (then me or you). and when is the last time you were partying at 6:00 in the morning? its all about using good judgement

Monkeydad 06-17-2008 10:02 AM

I was just about to ask you "how do you know he wasn't just a random target on the sidewalk?"

Then I read the article and saw he was spraying crowds in Vegas with champagne in the middle of the night. Yeah, that's a Pacman type of behavior. I'll have to agree with you on this one.

chrisl4064 06-17-2008 10:32 AM

I think professional athletes need to revert back to the ol military's buddy system. Would have at least given him a fighting chance.

jdlea 06-17-2008 10:33 AM

[QUOTE=dmek25;453124]i don't mean that. but because of the money, and higher public image they have, they definitely become more of a target (then me or you). and [B]when is the last time you were partying at 6:00 in the morning?[/B] its all about using good judgement[/QUOTE]

Last Thurday

Daseal 06-17-2008 11:23 AM

The real question is how did this happen on what is considered a very busy street in Las Vegas, during rush hour, with no witnesses coming forward.

Mattyk 06-17-2008 11:42 AM

Rush hour? It sounds like this happened early in the morning. And it happened off the strip so who knows how busy the street really was.

over the mountain 06-17-2008 11:57 AM

[quote=dmek25;453117]when are pro athletes realize they are not invincible? hard to feel bad for guys that seem to put themselves in these situations[/quote]

exact same thing happened to me. robbed, left unconscious with an orbital tri-pod fracture of my eye. $20,000 dollars to put 2 screws and plates in my eye socket and a plastic band to keep the eye ball from drooping.

weird thing is after 7 years no problem until last week when a screw came loose now i gotta have surgery to have all the metal removed.

yeah i deserved it, anyone who goes out after dark to have a good time deserves to wake up in the hospital. (*sarcasm)

go skins!

Daseal 06-17-2008 01:20 PM

Matty: From what a Las Vegas writer said on NFL radio the street, at that time of morning, is typically very busy. It's one of the big arteries in Las Vegas. And considering he was in a club till 6am -- that kinda says he'd be around during the morning rush hour.