Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Other Sports (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Tiger Woods Done For The Season (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=23729)

SmootSmack 06-18-2008 11:25 AM

Tiger Woods Done For The Season

He's going to have knee surgery. Link forthcoming

RobH4413 06-18-2008 11:40 AM

Re: Tiger Woods Done For The Season

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3450453]ESPN - Woods reportedly set to have season-ending knee surgery - Golf[/url]

No good. With such a big win... going to miss watching superman for a while.

firstdown 06-18-2008 12:06 PM

I made the comment to my father that if he was in the pain which it seemed he was in that he could be done for the rest of the year or for a good portion of the year. I hope he has a full recovery and this is not the start of his hard golf swing taking its toll on his body. If the later is the case I think he is good enough to adjust his swing.

onlydarksets 06-18-2008 12:51 PM

I'd rather watch him play for another 10-15 years than watch him destroy himself this year. Good call.

jsarno 06-18-2008 02:12 PM

It just goes to show you how amazing he is. He played with a subpar knee and still won on one of the grandest stages. Amazing.

GMScud 06-18-2008 02:21 PM

A ruptured ACL and two stress fractures and he still won 5 of the 7 tournaments he played in this year. Amazing. I'm sure he'll have the best orthopedic surgeons on earth fix that knee properly. Knowing Tiger's work ethic, he'll meticulously rehab and have another amazing season next year.

BDBohnzie 06-18-2008 02:24 PM

The fact that he ruptured the ACL [b][i]last July[/i][/b] and still managed to win 10 of 13 tournies he entered, and finish no worse than 5th in the other 3 shows just how good he really is.

On the flipside, this will give some other golfers a chance to show their stuff while everyone still has Tiger's 5 round US Open win fresh in their minds.

Schneed10 06-18-2008 02:34 PM

Greatest [U]athlete[/U] of all time, any sport?

Gotta get those 19 majors, but this is the kind of thing that makes you think he belongs in that discussion.

onlydarksets 06-18-2008 11:01 PM

He was playing on a torn ACL and double stress fracture. Ridiculous.
[URL="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080619/ap_on_sp_go_ne/glf_woods_future_20"]Tiger won US Open with torn ligament, 2 fractures - Yahoo! News[/URL]

FRPLG 06-18-2008 11:32 PM

Yeah I mean com'on. A [B]torn [/B]ACL and a [B]double [/B]stress fracture on top of arthro 2 months ago? That is just insane. I know golf isn't the most physically demanding sport but most guys in any major sport wouldn't walk around in normal life with that makeup. If anything this shows his level of determination and how distinctly high it is.

This is why I love the guy. I am not a normal bandwagoneer for the big sports figures but I am totally in the tank for Tiger. It isn't often that someone can reasonably say they are watching the best ever at something. Especially in sports. I hope the knee gets better and he comes back and wins all four majors next year to tie the Bear.

That Guy 06-19-2008 12:35 AM

wow, that guy is nuts.

hats off, and no doubt he'll be back to top immediately following his return... but it's not like he's ever left the top anyways.

Hog1 06-19-2008 06:11 AM

I imagine, the rest of the tour guys are dancin' in the streets!

MTK 06-19-2008 08:34 AM

Did anyone see TigerCenter last night oh I mean SportsCenter? Talk about a Tiger lovefest. I thought he died at first with all the coverage.

Schneed10 06-19-2008 08:34 AM

[quote=FRPLG;453475]Yeah I mean com'on. A [B]torn [/B]ACL and a [B]double [/B]stress fracture on top of arthro 2 months ago? That is just insane. I know golf isn't the most physically demanding sport but most guys in any major sport wouldn't walk around in normal life with that makeup. If anything this shows his level of determination and how distinctly high it is.

This is why I love the guy. I am not a normal bandwagoneer for the big sports figures but I am totally in the tank for Tiger. It isn't often that someone can reasonably say they are watching the best ever at something. Especially in sports. I hope the knee gets better and he comes back and wins all four majors next year to tie the Bear.[/quote]

I'm right there with you, by far my favorite golfer.

He's like Jordan. How could you ever hate Jordan?

dmek25 06-19-2008 08:47 AM

i wonder if we will see the same tiger when he returns? this will be the 4th operation on that left knee