Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Other Sports (http://www.thewarpath.net/other-sports/)
-   -   Tiger Woods Done For The Season (http://www.thewarpath.net/other-sports/23729-tiger-woods-done-for-the-season.html)

Schneed10 06-19-2008 08:53 AM

Re: Tiger Woods Done For The Season

[quote=dmek25;453497]i wonder if we will see the same tiger when he returns? this will be the 4th operation on that left knee[/quote]

It's hard to imagine that we wouldn't, because he won the US Open on a torn ACL. I can't see him getting worse with a pain-free knee. But I get what you're saying, and I'd hate to see that happen. Right now I try to catch every single Major on TV because it's frankly a privelege to watch him achieve what he's achieving.

Kinda like how a part of us would all like to go back in time to see Babe Ruth play, our great grand kids will wish they could go back in time to see Tiger. And we're getting to see it first hand.

jdlea 06-19-2008 08:57 AM

[QUOTE=Schneed10;453498]It's hard to imagine that we wouldn't, because he won the US Open on a torn ACL. I can't see him getting worse with a pain-free knee. But I get what you're saying, and I'd hate to see that happen. Right now I try to catch every single Major on TV because it's frankly a privelege to watch him achieve what he's achieving.

Kinda like how a part of us would all like to go back in time to see Babe Ruth play, our great grand kids will wish they could go back in time to see Tiger. And we're getting to see it first hand.[/QUOTE]

He might have to change his swing again, though. That's my only concern. I love the guy, he's my favorite golfer, but with all the problems he's having with that knee it might be time to slow down the swing and the torque on that left knee.

Hog1 06-19-2008 09:26 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;453495]Did anyone see TigerCenter last night oh I mean SportsCenter? Talk about a Tiger lovefest. I thought he died at first with all the coverage.[/quote]
It is getting a little.............deep in Tiger world.

onlydarksets 06-19-2008 09:27 AM

[quote=dmek25;453497]i wonder if we will see the same tiger when he returns? this will be the 4th operation on that left knee[/quote]
He hasn't relied on his power in years. He's not even in the top 25 for driving distance:
[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/statistics?sort=yardsPerDrive&type=type2&season=2008]ESPN - PGA Tour Statistics - Golf[/url]

If he can stand, he'll find a way to win.

jsarno 06-19-2008 10:53 AM

[QUOTE=BDBohnzie;453407]The fact that he ruptured the ACL [b][i]last July[/i][/b] and still managed to win 10 of 13 tournies he entered, and finish no worse than 5th in the other 3 shows just how good he really is.[/QUOTE]

It begs the question...how did no doctor see or do anything about this last year?
ESPN estimated he walked over 21 miles during his win. This certainly puts that US open performance on the top of my list as the greatest golfing performances ever.

BDBohnzie 06-19-2008 01:45 PM

Repairing the tear means rest and rehab, which I assume Tiger wasn't ready for...

redskinjim 06-19-2008 04:00 PM

tiger is the best of all time he will be back next year with a vengence.

jsarno 06-20-2008 04:59 PM

[QUOTE=firstdown;453513]They said they knew about the tear 11 months ago [/quote]

Wow, did not know that...if they KNEW, they should have done something about it. But I guess that's just me.

[quote]I like Tiger but I just get tired of the media hype around him. I'm sure we are going to hear ton's about Tiger even though he is not playing and this week it going to be nothing but Tiger while this weeks match is played. It will even be worse when they play the next two majors of the year and who ever wins there will be that question what if Tiger was playing.[/QUOTE]

I understand what you're saying, but at the same time, this is the best golfer the world has ever seen, it's hard to imagine having too much hype on such a player. That being said, I love rooting for the underdog like Phil M., etc, but I still salute a dominate player like Tiger, and feel blessed to be able to watch his talent. I rooted for Rocco, but didn't really care when he lost.