Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Favre seeks release from Packers (updated) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=23790)

Luxorreb 07-01-2008 07:08 AM

Favre seeks release from Packers (updated)

Will #4 show up as a Packer for 2008?
Is the talk just hype?

sandtrapjack 07-01-2008 08:40 AM

re: Favre seeks release from Packers (updated)

He's done. Won't see him until his induction in Canton.

SmootSmack 07-01-2008 09:01 AM

Has there been some new talk I'm not aware of?

onlydarksets 07-01-2008 09:01 AM

Is there new talk?

724Skinsfan 07-01-2008 09:22 AM

There is now. Thanks guys!

onlydarksets 07-01-2008 09:24 AM

This is the kind of thread that other message boards use against us...

KLHJ2 07-01-2008 09:41 AM

There is not really any new news that Favre is comming back, however in an effort to save face for this site I am posting an article that was released yesterday. It's about Favre's agent pushing him to return for another season. Enjoy.

[URL="http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/06/30/cook-pushing-favre-to-play/"]ProFootballTalk.com - COOK PUSHING FAVRE TO PLAY?[/URL]

Hog1 07-01-2008 09:59 AM

I heard Patrick Ramsey started that rumor

ArtMonkDrillz 07-01-2008 10:07 AM

I heard that Michael Vick busted out of jail, bought a wig and some fake boobs and now he's playing QB for the DC Divas under the assumed name Amanda Dewd. He was inspired by the movie Juwanna Mann.

Brett Favre is considering the same.

jsarno 07-01-2008 10:30 AM

Haven't we already beat this story to death in other threads?

Favre would in NO way come back now before preseason. Time to lock this one down.

MTK 07-01-2008 10:46 AM

If Rogers were to get injured in the preseason or is a complete disaster I think he would consider coming back. Other than those scenarios I think he's done.

jsarno 07-01-2008 11:49 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;454721]If Rogers were to get injured in the preseason or is a complete disaster I think he would consider coming back. Other than those scenarios I think he's done.[/QUOTE]

He's done regardless. He doesn't want to do the daily grind that is required to play. The practice and the study, and the off season workouts etc. He's not coming back. Even if Rogers goes down.

MTK 07-01-2008 11:53 AM

[quote=jsarno;454734]He's done regardless. He doesn't want to do the daily grind that is required to play. The practice and the study, and the off season workouts etc. He's not coming back. Even if Rogers goes down.[/quote]

I wouldn't be so quick to say he's definitely done. That scenario that I presented wasn't something I made up, it's a rumor that's been floated around in league circles. I think he's 99% done, but there's definitely a possibility there that he could return, as small as it may be.

skinsfan_nn 07-01-2008 12:24 PM

Who really knows what Favre is going to do, except Favre...... it's anyones guess at this point. I wish he would stop all this I'm retired, but I still can play, I still have it in me, if they call me I might be tempted, etc, etc....retire or just change your mind and shut up and play!

Enough of this shit already.

jsarno 07-01-2008 12:30 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;454736]I wouldn't be so quick to say he's definitely done. That scenario that I presented wasn't something I made up, it's a rumor that's been floated around in league circles. I think he's 99% done, but there's definitely a possibility there that he could return, as small as it may be.[/QUOTE]

I understand what you're saying. I just think that possibility exists only in the minds of hopeful people. I thought Favre was pretty insistant, and his tears were like cement to close the subject.

I suppose ANYTHING is possible. Favre "could" play for another year, but until there is any actual news to make this scenario a little more possible, this is a dead issue.
By even debating this, we are insulting the packers by calling them a bunch of complete idiots. The packed up his locker and sent it to him for pete's sake. This is Rogers team, and they have worked with him in the offseason to prepare. I'm not even sure the Packers would want him back to start if he did want to come back. We as fans are just in another case of not wanting to let go.