Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Gear (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   M&N Sammy Baugh signed jersey??? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=23884)

Redskin Rich 07-16-2008 07:03 AM

M&N Sammy Baugh signed jersey???

OK, I usually like to post things on here that I think are interesting.

Here is a signed Sammy Baugh jersey. At first glance, I thought it was a great deal and the tags on the Mitchell and Ness jersey looked like the real deal:

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/1947-WASHINGTON-REDSKINS-jersey-SIGNED-by-SAMMY-BAUGH_W0QQitemZ280246716834QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280246716834&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318]1947 WASHINGTON REDSKINS jersey SIGNED by SAMMY BAUGH - eBay (item 280246716834 end time Jul-22-08 19:04:19 PDT)[/url]

I actually thought it was completely legit until I got to the picture of Sammy signing the numbers. Of course, that means what Sammy is signing has NOTHING to do with the jersey. I just can't imagine Mitchell and Ness is going to have a local sports memorabilia dealer assemble their product.

Any other opinions?

Monkeydad 07-16-2008 10:02 AM

Re: M&N Sammy Baugh signed jersey???

Gotta be fake. M & N jerseys = no assembly required (for the consumer).

Redskin Rich 07-16-2008 10:57 AM

[quote=Buster;457075]Gotta be fake. M & N jerseys = no assembly required (for the consumer).[/quote]
That was what I was thinking too... the question is:

a. Is it a real M&N and the picture of Sammy has nothing to do with this particular jersey?

b. Is it really the number(s) that Sammy is signing and therefore a fake M&N?

Cooley's Commandos 07-16-2008 10:47 PM

My guess is that the sig is probably real, but the jersey is counterfit. For as great as Sammy Baugh was, his sig just doesn't draw that much money. Crazy.

Redskin Rich 07-17-2008 07:18 AM

[quote=Cooley's Commandos;457197]My guess is that the sig is probably real, but the jersey is counterfit. For as great as Sammy Baugh was, his sig just doesn't draw that much money. Crazy.[/quote]
Where do you see it not going for much money? When I see his stuff, it is in the middle of the pack if not more.

Cooley's Commandos 07-17-2008 09:17 AM

I guess "not much" is a subjective term. Less than $100 (photos in the $40-60 range).

It's hard to understand. He was basically one of the founding fathers of modern football. One of the all time...and I mean ALL TIME greats. Yet, you will pay more for Adrian Petersons autograph than Sammy's. Where is the sense in that?

Redskin Rich 07-17-2008 11:36 AM

[quote=Cooley's Commandos;457230]I guess "not much" is a subjective term. Less than $100 (photos in the $40-60 range).

It's hard to understand. He was basically one of the founding fathers of modern football. One of the all time...and I mean ALL TIME greats. Yet, you will pay more for Adrian Petersons autograph than Sammy's. Where is the sense in that?[/quote]
That is why I don't collect the current players. Why pay twice as much ($75 @ PSGameGear) for Jason Campbell who hasn't done a thing, then I would for Sam Huff ($35 @ LeaderinSports) who is one of the best of all time???

Collectnum74 01-09-2009 01:14 PM

this seems old, but i signed up just to tell you about it. it infact may be a real mitchell and ness jersey. its easier to take numbers to get signed then take the entire jersey. then they take the non autographed number off of the jersey and stitch on the autographed jersey. i do this all the time. i work at for a place called Athletic Promotional Events. APE. we sell autographs.

just a little info.

Dave