My Letter to Coach Gibbs
Dear Coach Gibbs,
This is how I think you should handle the rebuilding of this great organization:
(1) Send Bailey to Detroit or Atlanta for their 1st and 2nd round picks. Yes, reports are that Detroit is backing off b/c they don't want to give up their pick this year, but Millen is under pressure to make a big splash this year. And Atlanta is desperate for some defensive help, and would sell a bunch of tickets with the Georgia native headlining the D.
(2) Send those picks to Denver for Portis -- or to Seattle for Alexander. The Denver papers have reported that other teams are offering a similar deal. And Seattle papers have reported that Alexander can be had for a 1st and 2nd.
(3) Sign Kleinsasser (TE) from the Vikes. A great blocker.
(4) Sign Bert Berry (DE) from the Broncos. A great pass rusher.
(5) Sign Cedric Woodard (DT) from the Seahawks. A solid run-stopper. (Notice the lack of "big name" players like Kearse and Sapp -- this team has enough of those -- the team needs more workhorses.)
(6) Waive Jesse Armstead ($1.5M), Lional Dalton ($1.4M), Trung Canidate ($900K), and Byron Chamberlain ($660K), saving about $5M in cap room after the bonuses are accelerated. All are expendable and will be replaced by players currently on the roster.
(7) Sign Antoine Winfield (DB) from the Bills OR Shawn Springs (DB) from the Seahawks. You need a solid DB, not a cheap scrub, to go with Smoot.
(8) Trade the #5 pick to Houston, Chicago, Buffalo, or some other team that really wants to select Sean Taylor or Mike Williams, for the teams 1st, 2nd and 5th round selection. Yes, that #5 pick could bring you an instant starter and future star, but this team needs more solid players on defense and special teams. Plus, it might be tough to afford the cap hit of a #5 pick after you extend Portis' (or Alexander) contract.
(9) With the 1st round pick just acquired (about the 10-15th pick), select the best defensive player available -- maybe Udeze, maybe Starks, maybe Harris. With the two 2nd round picks, select the best OL (Samuels might be waived next year) and best defensive player available.
(10) Enter the season as the favorite to win the NFC East with a powerful offense, and a solid defense.
Mr. Gibbs, now that I have set your offseason, and given you a perfect blueprint for rebuilding the Redskins, can I get a pair of season tickets?
Pretty good, but maybe he should come to his senses and not go ahead with the Brunell deal, let Ramsey start, get Trent Dilfer or Jeff Blake as a back-up, and sign a good DT(i.e. Robaire Smith), DE (i.e. Jevon Kearse) with the saved money.
I agree with both posts. And considering the Armstead news, maybe Joe is reading the forum!
My letter would say this:
Thank you for coming back to save the Redskins. I'm behind you 110%.
Excellent post CG! I like all your ideas!
Mattyk72- thanks for stating the obvious....
Who's to say that Ramsey doesn't beat out Brunell during Camp. Everyone I've talked to has already written Ramsey off. Gibbs wanted a veteran QB, and he got one in Brunell (who still has it). Ramsey could clean house in camp and still start...
I agree with matty...i would add my John Hancock to that.
[QUOTE=BDBohnzie]Who's to say that Ramsey doesn't beat out Brunell during Camp. Everyone I've talked to has already written Ramsey off. Gibbs wanted a veteran QB, and he got one in Brunell (who still has it). Ramsey could clean house in camp and still start...
I agree with matty...i would add my John Hancock to that.[/QUOTE]
I agree. Coach Gibbs will play the person that performs the best, regardless of salary...at every position. Even if Brunell starts, he is renowned for not playing the whole season due to injuries, so Patrick will get his shot.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]i would say this.coach gibbs,do whatever you think you need to do in rebuilding the redskins.you obviously have forgotten more about football than any of us have ever known.god bless mom.dad,sis,brother,america and the WASHINGTON REDSKINS thanks,we are behind you 1 million k.johnnyredskin63&family.[/FONT]
ps-about those season tickets?
Redskin, he's a coach, not a god. I think you're confused. He can make huge mistakes just like anyone else!
I'm with you RamseyFan! I don't buy open competiton. Brunell and his agent both said wherever he went he is going to start. Teams say a lot of things they don't mean to keep their fans happy. Almost all of the people I've talked to that aren't just coach gibb's fan boys that follow blindly think this is about the worst move ever. Eats up cap space and possibly sends a future star outta Washington. Even the experts are ripping us for it, getting taunted at the combine, etc.
I like the signing of no names, very Patriot style. No more big flashy marketing types DANNY!!!!!!
Go get em Joe, you know the best for us.
redskins' letters to god
Uhh, I kinda think he is a god, for what it's worth (usually I'm an athiest, but this IS football).
With that in mind:
Dear Coach Gibbs,
Build this team in your image: hard-working, humble, smart, competitive, classy. The wins will take care of themselves.
I would say coach remember when you gave up 2 #1 pick's to get desmond howard? when we needed a D-lineman, you could have had chester McGloughtin with your first pick and carl pickens with the second #1 both were all pro player's, and desmond? well we all know what happened there, don't be so zeolous to start dealing away pick's and player's evaluate better than you did in 92.
Do what you wanna do, and were fine. Thanks for saving the Redskins.
If Ramsey does not beat out Brunell, or vice versa, and it is a pretty even competition, Gibbs will give the job to Brunell. But not because of his salary, because of his [I]experience[/I].
[QUOTE=offiss]I would say coach remember when you gave up 2 #1 pick's to get desmond howard? when we needed a D-lineman, you could have had chester McGloughtin with your first pick and carl pickens with the second #1 both were all pro player's, and desmond? well we all know what happened there, don't be so zeolous to start dealing away pick's and player's evaluate better than you did in 92.[/QUOTE]
And if I was Gibbs I would laugh at this letter and say, scoreboard kid- 3 rings.
Howard would have been someone else's mistake that day had we not grabbed him. It's not like we were the only team that wanted him.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:41 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.