Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Getting Lasik Thursday, Advice? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=24137)

BleedBurgundy 07-28-2008 11:42 AM

Getting Lasik Thursday, Advice?

I'm going in for Lasik this Thursday and was wondering if any of the members here had had the procedure done. I've heard many different things about the first few days after, so I was kind of wondering what kind of downtime I should expect. The doc said I'll be more or less useless the day of, but I should be ok to do things like drive and whatever the day after.

Any Warpath experience?

ArtMonkDrillz 07-28-2008 12:53 PM

Re: Getting Lasik Thursday, Advice?

Learn Braille.

J/k, probably not funny.
My sister had it done a few years ago and loves it. I think it took her about 3 days to get back to work cutting hair. I've been thinking about it for a little while, but I'm really up in the air.

MTK 07-28-2008 01:24 PM

I'd do it for the right price. It just doesn't seem worth it to me right now.

BleedBurgundy 07-28-2008 01:42 PM

Yeah, it's a decent amt of money. I'm not too nervous, but I am concerned about how staring at a monitor all day will affect my eyes. I don't want to pay all of this money and then be in the same boat 5-10 yrs down the road...

firstdown 07-28-2008 01:42 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz;459668]Learn Braille.

J/k, probably not funny.
My sister had it done a few years ago and loves it. I think it took her about 3 days to get back to work cutting hair. I've been thinking about it for a little while, but I'm really up in the air.[/quote]
Maybe that was your sister who cut my hair the day after!

itvnetop 07-28-2008 11:52 PM

I received lasik four years ago and i'm still good to go.

Take the valium they give you after surgery (if they do give it to you)... after the numbing drops wear off, your eyes are gonna burn something fierce and you'll wanna be passed out.

Unless you've got the new technique where they don't cut anything (laser only).

BleedBurgundy 07-29-2008 08:32 AM

Yeah, it's laser only. Supposedly they give you valium [I]before[/I] the surgery to relax you and prevent you moving your eyes around.

onlydarksets 07-29-2008 12:43 PM

[quote=BleedBurgundy;459659]I'm going in for Lasik this Thursday and was wondering if any of the members here had had the procedure done. I've heard many different things about the first few days after, so I was kind of wondering what kind of downtime I should expect. The doc said I'll be more or less useless the day of, but I should be ok to do things like drive and whatever the day after.

Any Warpath experience?[/quote]
Don't blink.

dmek25 07-29-2008 12:52 PM

good luck. my sister just had this done. her only beef was that she was under the impression her eyesight would be 20-20. they told her that she would have the normal eyesight of a 48 year old woman. so she still wears reading glasses

Slingin Sammy 33 07-29-2008 05:06 PM

My wife had it done about 4 years ago. She was 20/200 (blind as a bat, lucky for me) now she has 20/15. She was only down for the day of the surgery and 100% about mid-day the next day. It was the laser only procedure and she said it was pretty much painless.

BleedBurgundy 07-30-2008 01:10 PM

I'm having PRK instead of Lasik so they told me my recovery time will be a bit longer, 2 - 3 days instead of 1 day...

BleedBurgundy 08-06-2008 12:14 PM

Ok, so I'm back at work now and I must say... Lasik/PRK is the best $4 grand I've ever spent. Not sure you can appreciate it unless you have poor vision, but for someone like me who was completely useless without contacts/glasses, this is amazing.

MTK 08-06-2008 12:18 PM

Good to hear it went well.

BleedBurgundy 08-06-2008 12:31 PM

[YT]G-ASq7VUUyM[/YT]

For anyone interested, this is video of the same procedure I had done...

Schneed10 08-06-2008 12:45 PM

[quote=BleedBurgundy;462142][yt]G-ASq7VUUyM[/yt]

For anyone interested, this is video of the same procedure I had done...[/quote]

BB, that gives me the creeps. Glad to hear it went so well, but dude, I think I'd rather shove a popsicle stick under my big toenail than watch that video!

BleedBurgundy 08-06-2008 12:52 PM

lol, yeah it's a lot worse watching than having it done.