Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   hooked on sushi (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/24166-hooked-on-sushi.html)

Mattyk 07-29-2008 01:08 PM

hooked on sushi

I recently got turned on to the stuff and now I'm totally hooked. Anyone else have a bad sushi habit too?

Hog1 07-29-2008 01:09 PM

Re: hooked on sushi

[url=http://www.blusushi.com/#start]Blu Sushi - The Art of Sushi and Outageous Cocktails[/url]

Mattyk 07-29-2008 01:11 PM

[quote=Hog1;459892][URL="http://www.blusushi.com/#start"]Blu Sushi - The Art of Sushi and Outageous Cocktails[/URL][/quote]

looks good! Wish I had one of those in my area.

DarkKnight 07-29-2008 01:18 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;459891]I recently got turned on to the stuff and now I'm totally hooked. Anyone else have a bad sushi habit too?[/QUOTE]

Congrats! you and every man in the world, and if you've had bad sushi, you need to got to your local clinic.

jdlea 07-29-2008 01:19 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;459891]I recently got turned on to the stuff and now I'm totally hooked. Anyone else have a bad sushi habit too?[/QUOTE]

I've been into sushi for a long time now. I didn't eat it so much when I was kid and that's a shame because my grandmother (from Japan) makes it homemade on occasion. I need some homemade sushi in my life...

Anyway, I love sushi, once I decide I want it, nothing else does it for me.

DarkKnight 07-29-2008 01:20 PM

[QUOTE=jdlea;459900]I've been into sushi for a long time now. I didn't eat it so much when I was kid and that's a shame because my grandmother (from Japan) makes it homemade on occasion. I need some homemade sushi in my life...

Anyway, I love sushi, once I decide I want it, nothing else does it for me.[/QUOTE]

Thats how it works

Mattyk 07-29-2008 01:23 PM

[quote=jdlea;459900]I've been into sushi for a long time now. I didn't eat it so much when I was kid and that's a shame because my grandmother (from Japan) makes it homemade on occasion. I need some homemade sushi in my life...

Anyway, I[B] love sushi, once I decide I want it, nothing else does it for me[/B].[/quote]

Yeah I hear that. My sushi partner in crime here at work just left for a new job, but I'm thinking F... it, I'll go eat sushi by myself if I have to. I need it that bad.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 07-29-2008 01:27 PM

I love the stuff. You get to fill your stomach with food that is healthy, tastes good going down, and doesn't make you feel greasy after you're done eating. I know djnemo has to be a sushi junkie by now.

dmek25 07-29-2008 01:55 PM

sushi = fish food. no thanks

Mattyk 07-29-2008 02:29 PM

[quote=dmek25;459922]sushi = fish food. no thanks[/quote]

sushi doesn't mean raw fish, there are actually plenty of types made with no fish or cooked fish

BDBohnzie 07-29-2008 02:32 PM

It took my wife a long time to convince me to try it...but once I did, I was hooked. And, I'm actually more into the sashimi than the rolls, although the rolls are great as well. And now, I'm way more adventurous with sushi than she is.

There is one place around here, all you can eat lunch buffet for $11.95. I hit that from time to time. It's decent, not excellent, but definitely fills the urge. The other place I go is excellent. The chefs are top notch, and it's always very refreshing and great to eat. And they are constantly giving the eaters free rolls to try out.

Schneed10 07-29-2008 02:32 PM

[quote=Sheriff Gonna Getcha;459909]I love the stuff. You get to fill your stomach with food that is healthy, tastes good going down, and doesn't make you feel greasy after you're done eating.[/quote]

Sums it up for me. I love how it's such a treat to eat a sushi meal and yet it's healthy. I can't think of many other things like that.

Mattyk 07-29-2008 02:50 PM

[quote=Schneed10;459937]Sums it up for me. I love how it's such a treat to eat a sushi meal and yet it's healthy. I can't think of many other things like that.[/quote]

Yep, it's hard to find a lunch that's satisfying yet healthy. And reasonably priced too. The place I go to gives you a drink, soup, salad, and your choice of 2 rolls (12 pieces) for $11.50. Tough to beat that.

jdlea 07-29-2008 02:59 PM

[QUOTE=BDBohnzie;459936]It took my wife a long time to convince me to try it...but once I did, I was hooked. [B]And, I'm actually more into the sashimi than the rolls, although the rolls are great as well[/B]. And now, I'm way more adventurous with sushi than she is.

There is one place around here, all you can eat lunch buffet for $11.95. I hit that from time to time. It's decent, not excellent, but definitely fills the urge. The other place I go is excellent. The chefs are top notch, and it's always very refreshing and great to eat. And they are constantly giving the eaters free rolls to try out.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I'm more into Sashimi.

And, fwiw, I most eat raw fish when I get sushi

mredskins 07-29-2008 03:16 PM

I love the stuff as well! It can be an expensive habit though. If you start getting into ordering boats your check is going to be heft. The all you can eats are ok but the good stuff is not cheap. If yo uare ever inTowson hit up Suishi Hana, the palce rocks and has some unique rolls as well.

I always try to make it a business lunch, can you say P card?