Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Redskins' Moss Wants Football 'Early And Often' (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=24182)

mredskins 07-31-2008 01:10 PM

Re: Redskins' Moss Wants Football 'Early And Often'

Moss is a decent reciever to me. I personally think he has lost a step or they have been using him wrong. I think his height at times really limits him being able to be a elite recevier in this league.

I am still glad he is on our team and I like his personality and desire.

hesscl34 07-31-2008 01:35 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;460429]And I remember two good games from Moss that year late in the season with somebody with the initials JC playing QB.[/quote]

Refresh my memory.. which games were those?

MTK 07-31-2008 01:51 PM

[quote=hesscl34;460442]Refresh my memory.. which games were those?[/quote]

12/3 vs. ATL: 7-123-1
12/30 vs. NYG: 6-103-1

hesscl34 07-31-2008 02:05 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;460449]12/3 vs. ATL: 7-123-1
12/30 vs. NYG: 6-103-1[/quote]

I think we lost to the Giants 0n 12/30 if I remember correctly... not sure about Atlanta.. our season was way over at that point. Only highlight was beating Dallas (thank you Sean Taylor).

Soup's Uncle 08-01-2008 12:11 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfan69;460270]KJ is a really nice looking girl. I've seen her up close. She's tall and lean. But Lindsay is simply a knockout. I'd say KJ is a 2nd round draft pick. Lindsay is the first pick in the draft.[/QUOTE]

I would have a "sandwich" with both of them if you know what I mean...Lindsay is the winner though.

What makes them more attractive though, is that they are into sports. You could have an intelligent conversation with them about the Redskins and then hammer it out.

jsarno 08-01-2008 12:24 PM

I personally think this is good news. Moss is likely nervous about the two new rookie WR's (and possibly the TE), and he sees his role in the offense diminishing significantly. Maybe he needed this kick in the rear to get his game back to where it should be. I understand he doesn't want to talk about 05, but he hasn't exactly caught everything that our QB's have thrown at him. Maybe this is just the motivation he needs to get him back over 1000 yards, and be the reliable WR we remember but haven't seen in a while.

hesscl34 08-01-2008 12:38 PM

[quote=Soup's Uncle;460619]I would have a "sandwich" with both of them if you know what I mean...Lindsay is the winner though.

What makes them more attractive though, is that they are into sports. You could have an intelligent conversation with them about the Redskins and then hammer it out.[/quote]

..... good grief...

Soup's Uncle 08-01-2008 01:19 PM

[QUOTE=hesscl34;460627]..... good grief...[/QUOTE]

Haha...that's the thing. I bet you everyone else feels the same way.

hesscl34 08-01-2008 01:42 PM

[quote=Soup's Uncle;460646]Haha...that's the thing. I bet you everyone else feels the same way.[/quote]

Yep, everyone... (rolling my eyes).. . lol

htownskinfan 08-01-2008 11:39 PM

back on subject,doesnt anyone have any comments about the punter situation or him saying gibbs training camps were like country clubs compared to now?

Beemnseven 08-02-2008 08:13 AM

[QUOTE=htownskinfan;460733]back on subject,doesnt anyone have any comments about the punter situation or him saying gibbs training camps were like country clubs compared to now?[/QUOTE]

Well, I think the theory was that training camp shouldn't beat the players to death before the regular season even starts. I think there's validity to that. On the other hand, you don't want to under-prepare them. There's a balance that's hard to find I guess.

As to the punter, I'd be fine with Frost getting a little heat put under his arse. He was good in spots, but man, when he was off, it was a nightmare. Come to think of it, it might have done Shawn Suisham some good to have him look over his shoulder, too -- nothing is more irritating than watching his kickoffs fall at the 15 or 20 yard line.

Oh, and yes -- Lindsay's hot ... I'd definitely smack it around...

memphisskin 08-03-2008 09:33 AM

Its probably just the new blood coming in town and having a new approach to things that makes it seem like camp under Gibbs was a country club.

OK, Moss did have an awful game vs GB, but I was more disappointed when he took himself out of the game than when he tried to catch the pass with his facemask or shrieked when Charles Woodson came up on the end around and handed the ball to Woodson. Everybody makes mistakes, but our best receiver giving up is just not gonna cut it. I love Moss, think he can be a top guy in the league, but he has a little too much Gary Give-Up in him at times, I want to see him fight through that stuff.