Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   John Clayton Addresses The Skins (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/24192-john-clayton-addresses-the-skins.html)

81+83+84=Posse 07-30-2008 07:19 PM

John Clayton Addresses DE, Landry, And The WR's

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3510642]ESPN - Favorable schedule could make Raiders respectable - NFL[/url]

Q: Hey John. Big fan. My question is how do you see the combination of Jason Taylor and Andre Carter performing this year? How good can LaRon Landry be, and lastly, what's your take on the Skins' rookie wideouts?

Rob in D.C.
[B]
A: Modestly, the Redskins' defense should be able to get between 45 and 50 sacks. This is the best pass-rush combination for the team since Dexter Manley and Charles Mann. I believe both Taylor and Carter will have double-digit sacks. Landry can be a great one. He has range and hitting ability. The receiving corps -- tight ends included -- is deep and gives new coach Jim Zorn plenty of versatility. The key for the season, though, is injuries, and the long list of injuries concern me[/B].

Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor 07-30-2008 08:21 PM

Re: John Clayton Addresses The Skins

I believe that we can get 50 to 60 sacks this year barring any injuries. I believe Landry will have a career that Sean Taylor would have had if it wasn't for tragedy. Landry is one of the most talented safeties to come up in a long time. It will take time for our rookie receivers to step up in this offense but they eventually will be productive. Look at Darrell Jackson's rookie season for Mike Holmgren.

4olddc 07-30-2008 10:26 PM

I think that our LB corp might play a lot better as well if out D line plays as good as everyone think they will be. Man, it we can stay healthy, I think we'll have a very solid year.

Daseal 07-31-2008 12:26 AM

If the Dline plays well, so does everyone behind them.

scowan 07-31-2008 12:28 AM

[quote=4olddc;460265]I think that our LB corp might play a lot better as well if out D line plays as good as everyone think they will be. Man, it we can stay healthy, I think we'll have a very solid year.[/quote]

Yes, IF we can stay healthy. Do we even have enough guys at this point to field a team Sunday night? Geez! we are snake bit with these injuries, and we haven't even played a game yet. We may not have 53 players left by September!

That Guy 07-31-2008 01:38 AM

60 sacks won't happen... i just don't see how.

HughHog 07-31-2008 03:11 PM

Wow 45 sacks is a lot i'm glad to see an expert that optimistic about our defense!

Mattyk 07-31-2008 03:30 PM

[quote=That Guy;460303]60 sacks won't happen... i just don't see how.[/quote]

hey... never say never

:)

Hog1 07-31-2008 03:47 PM

Best since Manley, and Mann? That's saying something

hesscl34 07-31-2008 03:57 PM

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I don't want to speculate and believe that this is going to be a great JT and AC year... We've had too many great trades blow up in our faces before. I'm reserving judgment. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Ruhskins 07-31-2008 04:02 PM

[QUOTE=hesscl34;460473][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I don't want to speculate and believe that this is going to be a great JT and AC year... We've had too many great trades blow up in our faces before. I'm reserving judgment. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

You make a good point. While anything can happen with this DE tandem, the only thing that I'd like to point out is that in previous years the team has made flashy trades and/or super star free agent signings, bringing a lot of expectations that (as you put it) blow up in our faces. However, I do feel that this situation with Jason Taylor is different, and it is not like the signings of Archuleta, Lloyd, Bruce Smith, and Deion Sanders.

I honestly don't like for the team to get much hype, but I do hope that this makes teams really think hard when they play our defense, knowing that there are two outstanding pass rushers in the line.

Mattyk 07-31-2008 04:05 PM

Taylor can still ball and put up double digit sacks. The only way I don't see that happening is if he gets inj...

I don't even want to say it.

SmootSmack 07-31-2008 04:36 PM

[QUOTE=Hog1;460470]Best since Manley, and Mann? That's saying something[/QUOTE]

Not really. Probably says more to our lack of doing anything over the years to get anything like Manley and Mann

MPNRedskins 07-31-2008 06:12 PM

I enjoy hearing great things about the Redskins, but I want to see the finished product. On paper, everything looks good. I have confidence we will do well this year and surprise a lot of people.

Giantone 07-31-2008 06:22 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;460464]hey... never say never

:)[/quote]

LOL......amen,after last year...well....you just never know.:food-smil