Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   My New Favorite Show...Locked Up Abroad (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/24239-my-new-favorite-show-locked-up.html)

redsk1 08-01-2008 11:40 AM

My New Favorite Show...Locked Up Abroad

Anybody else enjoy this show?

Where else can you find a couple enjoying their anniversary in a resort in the Philipines only to be captured by a Philipino Muslim Terrorist group, only to be held captive for years?

Or...a British teenager living w/ his Dad in Kuwait partying it up, getting busted for selling hash, which has a sentence of 25 years or death by hanging, only to escape when IRAQ invaded Kuwait after spending 2 1/2 years in jail.

Makes me think twice about traveling.

Daseal 08-01-2008 12:16 PM

Re: My New Favorite Show...Locked Up Abroad

Sounds interesting. What channel is it on.

The important thing, know the laws of the land when you travel. I don't have pity for someone selling drugs in a country that has stiff penalties for it.

BDBohnzie 08-01-2008 12:17 PM

[url=http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/locked-up-abroad]Locked Up Abroad | National Geographic Channel[/url]

Sounds awesome. The wife and I will be checking this out.

djnemo65 08-01-2008 12:18 PM

Greetings from Thailand. It's pretty hard to go to jail here because everything fun is legal.

JGisLordOfTheRings 08-01-2008 03:49 PM

Awesome show. The one about the gold smugglers in Nepal was the one that got me hooked.

Daseal 08-01-2008 06:07 PM

djnemo -- vacationing? Or are you living in Thailand now. I envy your constant traveling.

saden1 08-01-2008 06:25 PM

[quote=redsk1;460613]Anybody else enjoy this show?

Where else can you find a couple enjoying their anniversary in a resort in the Philipines only to be captured by a Philipino Muslim Terrorist group, only to be held captive for years?

Or...a British teenager living w/ his Dad in Kuwait partying it up, getting busted for selling hash, which has a sentence of 25 years or death by hanging, only to escape when IRAQ invaded Kuwait after spending 2 1/2 years in jail.
[B]
Makes me think twice about traveling.[/B][/quote]

Should make you think and make smarter decisions. You know...don't go to destinations where you can get kidnapped...be aware of local laws and customs.

Eyes Open.

BigSKINBauer 08-02-2008 01:34 AM

Dude that show is awesome. I have only watched two episodes and that was while i was on a plane two months ago. Its on but i only have that channel downstairs and not in my room and i generally watch tv in my room.

BigSKINBauer 08-02-2008 01:34 AM

[quote=JGisLordOfTheRings;460670]Awesome show. The one about the gold smugglers in Nepal was the one that got me hooked.[/quote]
Thats one of the ones i watched

djnemo65 08-02-2008 02:30 AM

[QUOTE=Daseal;460696]djnemo -- vacationing? Or are you living in Thailand now. I envy your constant traveling.[/QUOTE]

Month vacation, although I am thinking I might have to take a year over here just to really get a feel for it. You still think about coming over?

JGisLordOfTheRings 08-02-2008 02:21 PM

[quote=BigSKINBauer;460740]Thats one of the ones i watched[/quote]

That one was pretty sick man. Those guys got scrooged.

Daseal 08-02-2008 02:49 PM

Unfortunately, doesn't seem to be in my plans, DJnemo. I actually got accepted to grad school, so that's going to take up the time I had planned to spend over there. Had I started school a bit earlier I'd definitely consider it, but right now I'm too old, I need to start a career soon.