Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who is the next Redskin to go to the HOF? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=24240)

GusFrerotte 08-02-2008 09:05 PM

Re: Who is the next Redskin to go to the HOF?

Lachey will get in, but he won't be next. The rest of the original hogs will be inducted before Lachey will be. Samuels is a 50/50 proposition, but if he did make it, it won't be for awhile. I might be a grandpa by the time that happens.

TheSmurfs22 08-02-2008 10:35 PM

Grimm or Jacoby but I still think that is another 5-10 years away. As far as the guys who are still currently playing I think it will be Samuels. If Sean have lived I see no reason why he would not have been a member of the HOF.

When Bruce Smith goes in he will go as a Bill as he should.

TheSmurfs22 08-02-2008 10:36 PM

[QUOTE=firstdown;460635]Jeff George[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ I think it will be Heath Shuler. He's a shoe in!

vaoutlaws2006 08-02-2008 10:39 PM

Russ Grimm should be next. no if ands or buts about it.

budw38 08-02-2008 10:51 PM

Pat Fisher , 56 career Int's , tackled as well as any Cb and played 17 years . Jacoby , Grimm , Hanburger all are deserving .

jamf 08-03-2008 01:53 AM

[QUOTE=Schneed10;460682]I don't think Samuels has any chance. His entire career he's always been outshined by at least one other tackle within the NFC each season. Samuels has never started the Pro Bowl. Between Seattle's Walter Jones and St. Louis's Orlando Pace, it's hard to say Samuels has ever been the best LT in the conference at any time.

Jonathan Ogden, Jones, and Pace all deserve it before Samuels does. I can't see it happening for him - they just don't vote that many linemen in.[/QUOTE]
I agree with most of what you say but he has a chance because 10 years from now when it's time for HOF consideration, The voters are going to see 8+ straight probowls and remember the hype.

DaveyFoSho 08-03-2008 04:51 AM

Maybe I am jaded by my love for the guy, but nobody thinks Cooley has a chance down the road??

Beemnseven 08-03-2008 08:31 AM

[QUOTE=DaveyFoSho;460838]Maybe I am jaded by my love for the guy, but nobody thinks Cooley has a chance down the road??[/QUOTE]

Too early to say. If Cooley's career ended right now there's no way he gets in. Ditto for Samuels.

As far as current Redskins, or those of the last 10 years or so, since there haven't been any championships, I'd say you'd have to be absolute dynamite to get in the Hall. As far as I can tell, we haven't had those players.

scafuri27 08-03-2008 11:44 AM

[QUOTE=Paintrain;460679]I think it'd probably be Samuels if anyone.. I don't see any of the Hogs getting in, which is pretty ridiculous IMO.

Portis will probably have HOF numbers but unless he wins a couple of SB and/or wins a few rushing titles and/or makes 3-4 Pro Bowls he won't make it. When looking at RB of his 'era' the names Tomlinson, Bettis, Alexander and Barber (ugh) will be mentioned before him for the HOF.[/QUOTE]

Tomlinson, Bettis, and Barber, are in a different class than Alexander. Looking back ALexander will have Terrell Davis type numbers without the rings, and Davis probably will not make it in. Bettis and Curtis Martin might already be in around the time Portis retires. That leaves Portis on the on the bottom looking up at LT and possibly Tiki Barber. Not impossible for him to have a legitimate chance although it may take a few years. Running Back by commitee will drop some of the All-time numbers of future Rb's and the shelf life gets shorter and shorter. Rings would be essential and I agree that a Rushing title would help, but hes had the 200 yd games, the 5 td games, the highlight reel blocking in the backfield and he is for the most part media savvy all solid credentials to help him get in.

DaveyFoSho 08-03-2008 01:28 PM

[quote=Beemnseven;460840]Too early to say. If Cooley's career ended right now there's no way he gets in. Ditto for Samuels.

As far as current Redskins, or those of the last 10 years or so, [B]since there haven't been any championships,[/B] I'd say you'd have to be absolute dynamite to get in the Hall. As far as I can tell, we haven't had those players.[/quote]

Zornie will get them there! (Give him 2-4 years)

scafuri27 08-03-2008 02:15 PM

Forgot to mention Portis' lofty 130.8 career qb rating with 3 td's and a 60 percent completion percentage!

LBrown43 08-04-2008 12:55 PM

[quote=budw38;460825]Pat Fisher , 56 career Int's , tackled as well as any Cb and played 17 years . Jacoby , Grimm , Hanburger all are deserving .[/quote]

I agree that Pat Fischer deserves to be there no question as well as Hanburger, but unfortunately I doubt either will make it.

The HOF seems to have a distain for those guys who just went out week in and week out and did and gave a high level of consistent play on the field with no fanfare. Just look how long it took for Art to make it. Seems flash over subtance qets the voters eye.

Grimm should be next. Good to see so many agree with Lachey being there too.

Crash 08-04-2008 01:06 PM

How does everyone view Champ Bailey? Do you count him as a Redskin? He spent 5 great years here.

SeanTaylor21SKINS 08-04-2008 02:07 PM

I would have to say Russ Grimm.

freddyg12 08-04-2008 02:10 PM

[quote=Crash;461468]How does everyone view Champ Bailey? Do you count him as a Redskin? He spent 5 great years here.[/quote]

hof no doubt, don't know about as a skin though since he left here unhappy. still wish he was in b & g, but we got a potential future hall of famer in CP.

I agree w/the earlier argument for Portis; when he's 30 or so he can become a solid 3rd down back and extend his career. He's already put up great #s plus he has the celebrity that the media likes.

Grimm is the most deserving that's eligible now. I honestly think Chalres Mann had a hall of fame caliber career he just didn't rack up big enough #s to get considered. He was a solid every down DE though & a team leader. Gary Clark deserves a look too, but I think the competition is too stiff at wr because the voters can't seem to agree on the criterion.