Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Today is a Proud day for Joe Gibbs and Skins fans (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/24260-today-proud-day-joe-gibbs-skins.html)

SFREDSKIN 08-02-2008 03:07 PM

Today is a Proud day for Joe Gibbs and Skins fans

I'm going to love watching Joe Gibbs face today as Art and Darrell are inducted into the HOF. Today is a proud day for Joe Gibbs and Redskins fans all over, for Joe it will be like watching 2 of his sons getting inducted and for us fans it will be a day we will never forget. Also congrats to Emmitt Thomas and the rest of the inductees, this has got be the classiest class ever. Love all the players getting inducted today.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

SmootSmack 08-02-2008 03:12 PM

Re: Today is a Proud day for Joe Gibbs and Skins fans

Absolutely. And I've tried to subtly mention it below my screen name but let's not forget Emmitt Thomas. He was instrumental in shaping DG's career as his coach and a member of the Redskins staff from 1986-1994 (winning two super bowls with us)

skinsfan_nn 08-02-2008 03:34 PM

Yes, Its a GREAT DAY FOR REDSKINS NATION! AMERICA'S TEAM!

colt who...?

dall-assblows 08-02-2008 04:42 PM

who knows what time its on? did i miss it

skinsfan_nn 08-02-2008 05:59 PM

[quote=dall-assblows;460784]who knows what time its on? did i miss it[/quote]

I think it's on from 6:00-10:00 (I believe thats what my DVR had as record time), that does not include all the pre-coverage on NFL network.

skinsfan_nn 08-02-2008 06:01 PM

Here's the link:

[url=http://www.nfl.com/halloffame?icampaign=TR_HALL_Week]NFL Events: Hall of Fame[/url]

12thMan 08-02-2008 07:17 PM

Wow, what a tribute Emmitt Thomas gave to the Darrell Green, Art Monk, and Joe Gibbs. Impressive.

12thMan 08-02-2008 07:28 PM

E. Thomas is still going, but how about all the shout outs to the Redskins organization and numerous players. I've never seen anything like that in an acceptance speech.

SkinDogg 08-02-2008 07:48 PM

[QUOTE=12thMan;460793]E. Thomas is still going, but how about all the shout outs to the Redskins organization and numerous players. I've never seen anything like that in an acceptance speech.[/QUOTE]

Reporting from Section 12. Great tribute, but not as good as the one we gave Michael Irvin!!

SFREDSKIN 08-02-2008 08:03 PM

[QUOTE=SkinDogg;460795]Reporting from Section 12. Great tribute, but not as good as the one we gave Michael Irvin!![/QUOTE]

Please SkinDogg pass the word to go crazy and give our Redskins the biggest standing ovation ever heard at the HOF, especially for Monk.

htownskinfan 08-02-2008 09:37 PM

the ovation the crowd gave Monk when he was introduced was fantastic,great speech by Monk.I was a little surprised that they didnt mention Gibbs more,Monk didnt thank him at all

TheSmurfs22 08-02-2008 09:43 PM

I am so proud of Monk and Green, as well as their sons and the terrific speeches they gave. What I am most proud of is being a fan of the Washington Redskins. There are no words to describe what it means to be a fan of the greatest franchise in the world. I do not care if we go 16-0 or 0-16 I love this team.

htownskinfan 08-02-2008 09:43 PM

also Monk said he wanted to thank the "over the hill gang",I wonder who from the gang was still with the team in 1980 he was talking about

JWsleep 08-02-2008 09:43 PM

The ovation for Monk was amazing. Pure goosebumps.

Monk represents all that is best about this game--that's what is meant by that overused word 'character'. He truly is a great man.

And Green was awesome too. I just loved how both were inducted by their sons--and both were living testaments to their fathers. Says it all.

A great day for Skins fans everywhere! Way to represent, all who went to Canton.

Hail!!!

TheSmurfs22 08-02-2008 09:43 PM

[QUOTE=htownskinfan;460800]the ovation the crowd gave Monk when he was introduced was fantastic,great speech by Monk.I was a little surprised that they didnt mention Gibbs more,Monk didnt thank him at all[/QUOTE]

That ovation was amazing. They said they had never seen anything like it before.