Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Today is a Proud day for Joe Gibbs and Skins fans (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=24260)

Skinny Tee 08-02-2008 09:51 PM

Re: Today is a Proud day for Joe Gibbs and Skins fans

The Green speech had me tearing up. It felt good to see all the Redskins support there. Feels good to have some of these moments especially with everything thats gone on last year.

Feels good being a Redskin fan, this is visual evidence of us being a great fanbase.

GINeric 08-02-2008 10:25 PM

DG and AM are two of the best players to ever play, no question. But for me, I think they are two of the best MEN to ever play the game. Obviously, I'm not a Redskin fan, but watching these guys get inducted today, made me feel proud to be a fan of the game. I don't care who these guys played for, I'm just proud to see them get what they deserved.

After what Monk went through with that bulls**t HOF committee, they should be banned from anything to do with the HOF. I'm serious.

You guys are blessed to be able to call them two of your own.
Congradulations to Art Monk, Darrell Green, and the Redskins organization and fans.

Lady Brave 08-02-2008 10:31 PM

There's nothing more beautiful than a sea of burgundy and gold. The ovation for Monk was outstanding and our fans did us proud today.

vaoutlaws2006 08-02-2008 10:35 PM

its a great day to be a redskins fan. the speech art monk gave was great. hail redskins

htownskinfan 08-03-2008 12:55 AM

[QUOTE=GINeric;460811]DG and AM are two of the best players to ever play, no question. But for me, I think they are two of the best MEN to ever play the game. Obviously, I'm not a Redskin fan, but watching these guys get inducted today, made me feel proud to be a fan of the game. I don't care who these guys played for, I'm just proud to see them get what they deserved.

After what Monk went through with that bulls**t HOF committee, they should be banned from anything to do with the HOF. I'm serious.

You guys are blessed to be able to call them two of your own.
Congradulations to Art Monk, Darrell Green, and the Redskins organization and fans.[/QUOTE]

thats very classy for a cowboy fan to say

Daseal 08-03-2008 12:58 AM

I forgot the name, but the guy who forgot his glasses cracked me up. Art's speech was very good, DGs seemed to lack substance for me. Glad they're both in the HoF. Both excellent players and men. However, I find most events like this relatively boring, this was no exception.

SkinDogg 08-03-2008 01:08 AM

[QUOTE=SFREDSKIN;460796]Please SkinDogg pass the word to go crazy and give our Redskins the biggest standing ovation ever heard at the HOF, especially for Monk.[/QUOTE]

I passed the word. Went crazy for Art when he first walked on stage, and then the 4.4 (per ESPN's clock) before his acceptance speech.

What an amazing, amazing day.

Beemnseven 08-03-2008 08:36 AM

At the post-ceremony interviews, I got a little tired of the crowd of fans singing 'Hail to the Redskins' behind the NFL Network set when Monk, Green, and Gibbs were trying to talk.

MTK 08-03-2008 09:41 AM

[quote=Daseal;460833]I forgot the name, but the guy who forgot his glasses cracked me up. Art's speech was very good, DGs seemed to lack substance for me. Glad they're both in the HoF. Both excellent players and men. However, I find most events like this relatively boring, this was no exception.[/quote]

Lacked substance? He talked of losing two of his childhood friends. Maybe my perspective was different since I was there but I don't see how his speech lacked substance at all.

On TV yes it's probably boring, it's one of those things you have to be at to be able to soak in what it all means.

MTK 08-03-2008 09:42 AM

[quote=Beemnseven;460841]At the post-ceremony interviews, I got a little tired of the crowd of fans singing 'Hail to the Redskins' behind the NFL Network set when Monk, Green, and Gibbs were trying to talk.[/quote]

Jeez some of you guys sure are party poopers. It was a total Redskins crowd and the energy there was incredible. The fans were beyond hyped.

Beemnseven 08-03-2008 10:44 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;460862]Jeez some of you guys sure are party poopers. It was a total Redskins crowd and the energy there was incredible. The fans were beyond hyped.[/QUOTE]

I understand that, and singing it once or twice is fine, but not while the guys we are honoring are trying to talk.

SFREDSKIN 08-03-2008 10:48 AM

[QUOTE=Beemnseven;460866]I understand that, and singing it once or twice is fine, but not while the guys we are honoring are trying to talk.[/QUOTE]

I know what are trying to say, but Gibbs turned around and looked at the fans and gave them a thumbs up. Remember this is a once in a lifetime experience and you are so excited to see your heroes that you lose control and act irrational.

GINeric 08-03-2008 03:34 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;460861]Lacked substance? He talked of losing two of his childhood friends. Maybe my perspective was different since I was there but I don't see how his speech lacked substance at all.

On TV yes it's probably boring, it's one of those things you have to be at to be able to soak in what it all means.[/QUOTE]No way did Darrell's speech lack substance. His childhood references were acknowledgements to people who meant the world to him. These were guys he started playing with I believe.

One of these guys were killed in a car accident. Darrell was supposed to be in that car riding with his buddy. But he missed the trip. Darrell loved those guys, you can tell because that happened before he was a Redskin, and it still choked him up yesterday. How many of us have the type of friendship with someone, that if we died today, it would choke them up 30-35 years from now.

I was impressed with this part, because Darrell didn't forget where he came from.

To the guy that said DG's speech "lacked substance", that's impossible, because DG IS SUBSTANCE!!

A lot of people may say they are classy, or try to act like they are classy.............But Darrell showed the world that he IS class.

SFREDSKIN 08-03-2008 04:21 PM

[QUOTE=GINeric;460886]A lot of people may say they are classy, or try to act like they are classy.............But Darrell showed the world that he IS class.[/QUOTE]

Gineric,

I know a lot of people on this board dislike Michael Irvin, but if you noticed DG and Michael have become good buddies and even Michael acknowledge at the way Art and Darrell lead their lives that he has tried to change his live and is doing it. It was funny when they were talking about competing against each other and Darrell breaking his nose.

I have grown to like Mike Irvin, he can be grandiose but at the same entertaining and funny. This was the classiest class ever, all inductees gave great speeches and were classy guys. A lovefest all around.

SkinDogg 08-03-2008 06:30 PM

[QUOTE=TheSmurfs22;460805]That ovation was amazing. They said they had never seen anything like it before.[/QUOTE]

I noticed the same thing (about the lack of acknowledgement of Joe Gibbs), and some of us were talking about it in the stands. Someone had this take:

1. Joe was hands off the defense; it was all Pettibone, and Darrell paid homage to ithose guys in his speech.

2. Art Monk, in his speech, said that he would [I]personally[/I] thank others, which coming from Art makes more sense than citing more names then he had to. Without a doubt Joe is among those people.