Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Impressive rookies (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/24283-impressive-rookies.html)

SFREDSKIN 08-03-2008 11:16 PM

Impressive rookies

Man I loved the way some our rookies performed tonight. Starting with Colt Brennan and Chris Horton, Fred Davis looked good, Chad Rinehardt was solid. I would love to see Horton make the squad, he looks like a keeper and is a hitter, kudos to Vinny. I know is only one exhibition game but it's a start.

12thMan 08-03-2008 11:23 PM

Re: Impressive rookies

You can bet Horton makes this squad.

WaldSkins 08-03-2008 11:24 PM

Yea Horton def impressed me. Hopefully Kelly and Thomas can get some playing time saturday.

12thMan 08-03-2008 11:24 PM

I wonder if Dwayne Walker had anything to do with Horton coming here.

RMSkins 08-03-2008 11:57 PM

[quote=SFREDSKIN;461295]Man I loved the way some our rookies performed tonight. Starting with Colt Brennan and Chris Horton, Fred Davis looked good, Chad Rinehardt was solid. I would love to see Horton make the squad, he looks like a keeper and is a hitter, kudos to Vinny. I know is only one exhibition game but it's a start.[/quote]
Horton will definitely make the squad with safeties that we have on the roster. LaRon Landry is the only sure thing at safety that we have. Schweigert pretty much wins the backup FS position by default, since he is really the only other FS that we have on the roster. Doughty will probably start at SS. Fox and Horton will battle it out to backup or possibly start at SS. Kareem Moore supposedly has a lot of potential and he can play either safety position, but he has to get over his nagging knee injury.

Dirtbag59 08-03-2008 11:58 PM

What about Matrell and Tryon? No love for the two rookie corners? Also what did you guys think of Gatewood (he was good ole #56)?

RMSkins 08-04-2008 12:03 AM

[quote=Dirtbag359;461321]What about Matrell and Tryon? No love for the two rookie corners? Also what did you guys think of Gatewood (he was good ole #56)?[/quote]
I was impressed with with Richardson he threw down some solid coverage not to mention the pick six. Gatewood was solid from what I saw. Tryon really struggled at CB and as the PR tonight.

SFREDSKIN 08-04-2008 12:16 AM

Forgot to mention Fincher our new LB, he made a couple of good plays late in the game.

NM Redskin 08-04-2008 12:26 AM

What about Rob Jackson? Everywhere I read, he was a 7th rounder “not to expect too much from”. Guy looked good!

Also if Brooks keeps punting the way he did tonight … good bye Mr. Frost.

EARTHQUAKE2689 08-04-2008 12:28 AM

Tryon didn't do PR tonight Mann did Tryon did KR

skinsnut 08-04-2008 12:38 AM

Tryon had probably the worst game of any player...not a good day...
But the good news is this.

This Skins tried last year to get a 3rd string QB with a late pick....and you know how that worked out....well...there is no question at this point...Brennan will make the team...
Horton will too....Brooks may as well...as far as the other 7 draft picks?
Rhinehart probably, Davis probably....and the 2 WR will be in....so that means 7 of 10 picks make it...thats fairly good....my only disapointment is Tryon because he was a high pick....bottom line....he sucked....really bad...but you gotta have someone fall through

That Guy 08-04-2008 12:39 AM

hart's going to be good for indy.

as for us, horton probably just made the squad... i'd really like moore to show up and play so well that the skins are forced to cut SS, but we'll see what happens.

rob jackson looked good for 7th rounder, if we go 5 DEs 4 DTs this year he might make it, doubt it matters either way though.

davis will be fine, hopefully he can block too. can't wait to see our WRs.

brennan looks REAL good so far. he might have thrown a pick against a 1st team offense, but the accuracy was really on (for campbell too) and i think zorn is a beast of a QB coach, so i'm pretty happy about that.

coverage teams - terrible. returners - terrible. defense tonight - terrible between the 20s, reasonable in the red zone.

skinsnut 08-04-2008 12:42 AM

Dont worry about special teams this early...they throw everyone under the sun in those units early in camp....many have never played special teams....that will jell as cuts are made....it also gives more levarage to getting another LB worth a crap...LB was our worst unit tonight....Dline was a close 2nd

RMSkins 08-04-2008 12:55 AM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;461328]Tryon didn't do PR tonight Mann did Tryon did KR[/quote]
Yeah I meant to say KR.