Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gibran Hamdan (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=2430)

SKINSnCANES 08-23-2004 07:14 PM

Gibran Hamdan

What do you guys think about this guy. Gibbs has a lot of peopel on the roster right now and might not have room for him on the practice squad. Hes obviously not going to be on the roster, he hasnt had any snaps. What do you guys think will happen with him. He did play well in Europe this year.

RedskinRat 08-23-2004 07:27 PM

It'll be a shame to lose him, he's got talent but he's up against it with Brunell, Ramsey and Hasslebeck ahead of him.

I'd like to see him on the practice squad at the very least.

SKINSnCANES 08-23-2004 07:32 PM

yea I agree. Hes young and has progressed, hopefully we will keep him on the practice squad and start to grrom him more, Brunell is 34.

That Guy 08-23-2004 07:57 PM

i'm not sold on him... i saw him in europe, and he did a lot of nothing special there too... I wouldn't be sad to see him go and use his spot for someone else, but the may keep him around anyways.

MonkManiac 08-23-2004 08:01 PM

Nah...they'll put guys on the practice squad who have at least played during the preseason. Sorry Gibran...looks like its cutsville for you

CRT3 08-23-2004 08:14 PM

I think we should cut him. While I do not see him practice, I did watch his games for NFL Europe. CUT HIM

Redskins_P 08-23-2004 11:01 PM

If we don't see him play in the preseason, then I thinks he's gone. We should be ok with 3 qb's.

MTK 08-23-2004 11:43 PM

With 2 younger guys in Ramsey and Hasselbeck already on the team I don't see much of a place for Hamdan.

If I had to guess I'd say he'll get cut.

love them hogs 08-24-2004 12:19 AM

I dont know, he was the only person last year who knew the words to hail to the redskins wich means to me that he grew up a fan.now that gibbs is back he might be stepping up his game and doing anything he can to stay on the team.This is just a guess but who knows.

SmootSmack 08-24-2004 12:24 AM

can he play strong safety?....

seriously though, from what I saw in practice he has a pretty strong arm but really no sense of how to run the offense. I have a feeling they'll cut him and take their chances they can pick him up later (mid-season, off-season?) if they absolutely have to.

Gmanc711 08-24-2004 12:43 AM

I think its Elimination Time. Snip Snip Snip.

kingerock 08-24-2004 01:07 AM

i'd love to see him atleast once during preseason to make a judgement. I didn't get to see him in NFL Europe.

Big C 08-24-2004 01:31 AM

they havent even given him a chance, lets see him play a little before we write him off

AnonEmouse 08-24-2004 06:47 AM

I think of it like this. He has physical talent and the ability to put the ball in the right place, but he lacks maybe the finesse for an NFL offense. So maybe the latter can be coached into him. If it can, put him on the practice squad, because you never know when you need that 3rd QB.

The way I see it, if Hasselbeck continues to improve, he won't want to be 3rd string much longer, and I can't see them letting Ramsey go unless he can't get out of this funk he's in. So assuming all 4 QB's play/practice well, come next year we lose Hasselbeck to another team, and we lose Brunell (to retirement) the year after. I for one can't see us using any picks on QB's in the next 2 drafts, considering our likely needs, so if we develop Hamdan into a potential 2nd string if not starter, then it costs us little. AND we keep a guy with experience in the system and the players.

PS the guy and see what happens.

That Guy 08-24-2004 07:00 AM

he's played a bunch ;), just not this preseason... he doesn't move or command the offense... I have no doubts that he's a really good guy, but that doesn't win games.