Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Shouldn't Sean Taylor............. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=24346)

Giantone 08-07-2008 05:55 PM

Re: Shouldn't Sean Taylor.............

[quote=firstdown;462448]Its very simple. There have been some very hard hitters who played with no reguard for themself and ST was one of those players. What would have he become its hard to say because there are so many factors that play apart in football.[/quote]

I agree,there have been some great hitters during the 75 some odd years of the NFL,Riggins said the hardest he ever got hit was by Harry Carson.Players have said the hardest hitter during one point was Earl Campbell.

SkinzzFan 08-07-2008 06:36 PM

[QUOTE=Giantone;462554]I agree,there have been some great hitters during the 75 some odd years of the NFL,Riggins said the hardest he ever got hit was by Harry Carson.Players have said the hardest hitter during one point was Earl Campbell.[/QUOTE]

I understand Earl Campbell did "hit" guys during his career, but isn't this based on defensive "hitters"? I mean we could add (at least in the modern era) Christian Okoye, Mike Alstott, Mike Sellers, Lorenzo Neal, Brandon Jacobs, etc to the list of running backs you just don't want to see coming your way. I'm sure I've left off many great RB/FBs, but the original list obviously had some ommissions, thus the conversation. I've never been hit by any of these guys and I'm sure there are 15-20 players being left off this list. As I recall, Steve Atwater played with another big hitter in Dennis Smith. He was definitely no slouch. Bottom line is there is just no way for two guys to come up with the same list of players when comparing different era's (and positions) for ANY category in ANY sport.

HAIL!!

Giantone 08-07-2008 08:02 PM

[quote=SkinzzFan;462557]I understand Earl Campbell did "hit" guys during his career, but isn't this based on defensive "hitters"? I mean we could add (at least in the modern era) Christian Okoye, Mike Alstott, Mike Sellers, Lorenzo Neal, Brandon Jacobs, etc to the list of running backs you just don't want to see coming your way. I'm sure I've left off many great RB/FBs, but the original list obviously had some ommissions, thus the conversation. I've never been hit by any of these guys and I'm sure there are 15-20 players being left off this list. As I recall, Steve Atwater played with another big hitter in Dennis Smith. He was definitely no slouch. Bottom line is there is just no way for two guys to come up with the same list of players when comparing different era's (and positions) for ANY category in ANY sport.

HAIL!![/quote]

Word!:food-smil

hesscl34 08-07-2008 08:08 PM

[quote=Giantone;462578]Word!:food-smil[/quote]
Maybe Sean wasn't the BEST to some of you, but he was to us.. and we will always remember him that way:

[URL="http://video.redskins.com/Multimedia/MultimediaCenter.aspx"]Multimedia Center[/URL]

prinzeofmoval 08-07-2008 09:10 PM

[QUOTE=dmek25;462011]don't know #5, and #8 had to be up there with Mike Vick, as far as being over rated. Taylor simply didnt play long enough. everyone on that list had nice, long careers[/QUOTE]

Mike Vick was no way near over rated..He changed the quarterback game like Taylor did for linebacking. If Vick had any receiver help he would've been a force to reckon with. As far as the list its seems pretty accurate to me.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 08-07-2008 10:21 PM

[QUOTE=hesscl34;462579]Maybe Sean was the BEST to some of you, but he was to us.. and we will always remember him that way:

[url=http://video.redskins.com/Multimedia/MultimediaCenter.aspx]Multimedia Center[/url][/QUOTE]

That video just kills me each time I see it.

wilsowilso 08-07-2008 10:23 PM

[quote=prinzeofmoval;462587]Mike Vick was no way near over rated..He changed the quarterback game like Taylor did for linebacking. If Vick had any receiver help he would've been a force to reckon with. As far as the list its seems pretty accurate to me.[/quote]

Vick defined the word overrated and he didn't change the game at all. Whenever he faced well coached defenses that didn't allow him to run wild he struggled. He was an amazingly elusive as well as amazingly average NFL QB. For all the hype he might be one of the most overrated players ever.

prinzeofmoval 08-07-2008 10:47 PM

[QUOTE=wilsowilso;462597]Vick defined the word overrated and he didn't change the game at all. Whenever he faced well coached defenses that didn't allow him to run wild he struggled. He was an amazingly elusive as well as amazingly average NFL QB. For all the hype he might be one of the most overrated players ever.[/QUOTE]

So your telling me you wouldn't want him on your team? Yeah right.. if he had a Moss or T.o. watch out.. He would make you respect his arm or his legs either way you can't watch both. It wasn't the coachs that stopped him thats for sure it was the lack of supporting cast that did. Outside of Dunn who was a hit or miss some games and Santiago who else can you honestly say he had to help. He was the human highlight reel.

onlydarksets 08-07-2008 10:49 PM

[quote=prinzeofmoval;462611]So your telling me you wouldn't want him on your team? Yeah right.. if he had a Moss or T.o. watch out.. He would make you respect his arm or his legs either way you can't watch both. It wasn't the coachs that stopped him thats for sure it was the lack of supporting cast that did. Outside of Dunn who was a hit or miss some games and Santiago who else can you honestly say he had to help. He was the human highlight reel.[/quote]
This is a 2006 conversation. Wouldn't take him, even without the shackles.

prinzeofmoval 08-07-2008 11:15 PM

Yeah he only made the Falcons a competitor..The only person to beat Brett Farve in below weather and take them to nfc championship against an awesome Eagles team whom been there couple of years in a row..But he was overrated right?