Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Favre to the Jets (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=24355)

Giantone 08-07-2008 04:17 AM

Re: Favre to the Jets

A question,could they now turn around and trade him to the Vikes?

sancho2613 08-07-2008 04:37 AM

[quote=Giantone;462368]A question,could they now turn around and trade him to the Vikes?[/quote]

I wish that would happen

sancho2613 08-07-2008 04:42 AM

[quote=Giantone;462368]A question,could they now turn around and trade him to the Vikes?[/quote]

I just saw on the NFL Network that the Packers made sure the Jets wouldnt trade him to the Vikes by putting in the contract that if he was to be traded, The Jets would have to give the Packers three 1st round picks so i don't think it'll happen...

KLHJ2 08-07-2008 04:49 AM

[quote=sancho2613;462373]I just saw on the NFL Network that the Packers made sure the Jets wouldnt trade him to the Vikes by putting in the contract that if he was to be traded, The Jets would have to give the Packers three 1st round picks so i don't think it'll happen...[/quote]

Here is the Link; Click on Packers block Vikes.
[URL="http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d809cd4de"]NFL Video Galleries[/URL]

freddyg12 08-07-2008 08:55 AM

The Jets are looking like the skins of 2000, though not nearly as good as that team was (which was pretty good when they were on, just not consistent). Maybe Brett will go out like Montana, who had took KC to the afc championship w/Marcus Allen, but my feeling is that the jets are in for a rough ride. There will be good moments for Farve & all tv coverage will show up jumping up & down, but in the end I don't see him taking them to the playoffs.

djnemo65 08-07-2008 09:00 AM

Good move for the Jets but I don't see how this is a good move for Favre. Offensively the Jets have few weapons, nothing near what Favre had to work with last year in Green Bay. I get wanting to come back to a team that was a play away from the Superbowl but to come back to a team that was 4-12? Don't get it at all.

MTK 08-07-2008 09:25 AM

[quote=djnemo65;462392]Good move for the Jets but I don't see how this is a good move for Favre. Offensively the Jets have few weapons, nothing near what Favre had to work with last year in Green Bay. I get wanting to come back to a team that was a play away from the Superbowl but to come back to a team that was 4-12? Don't get it at all.[/quote]

Plus he's going to a team that doesn't run the west coast offense. It's going to be a big adjustment for him. The Jets seem like a very odd fit.

sandtrapjack 08-07-2008 09:45 AM

You know what just occured to me? Favre is on the cover of Madden this year. And everyone knows the "Madden Curse".

What if after ALL OF THIS turmoil and stuff, Favre sustains a season-ending injury?

riggins44 08-07-2008 09:47 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;462393]Plus he's going to a team that doesn't run the west coast offense. It's going to be a big adjustment for him. The Jets seem like a very odd fit.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if this is about fit or selling tickets? Know they Giants and Jets are getting a new stadium sometime soon.

Packers now have Favre out of the NFC, chances of both teams meeting in the Super Bowl is very rare.

J. Spanky 08-07-2008 09:49 AM

so, if this turns out to be a colossal failure, is there any chance ol' brett humbly and quietly disappears into obscurity?

riggins44 08-07-2008 09:52 AM

[QUOTE=J. Spanky;462402]so, if this turns out to be a colossal failure, is there any chance ol' brett humbly and quietly disappears into obscurity?[/QUOTE]

Good point. Wonder how he will handle the NY media if things do start to
go south. This isn't Green Bay. Brett is now under the microscope in the
Big Apple.

Heard someone say that Brett seems to suffering from depression. He is
a very needy person.

RedskinRat 08-07-2008 09:56 AM

[quote=riggins44;462404]
Heard someone say that Brett seems to suffering from depression. He is
a very needy person.[/quote]

With what he's gone through in his personal life I wouldn't be surprised. Still, part of being a class act is knowing when to quit.

J. Spanky 08-07-2008 09:59 AM

[QUOTE=sandtrapjack;462399]You know what just occured to me? Favre is on the cover of Madden this year. And everyone knows the "Madden Curse".

What if after ALL OF THIS turmoil and stuff, Favre sustains a season-ending injury?[/QUOTE]

the irony would be delicious, that's what

BleedBurgundy 08-07-2008 10:01 AM

I don't care for the drama but the guy has a right to do what he loves as long as someone is willing to hire him. He doesn't owe anyone anything. Even if he loses every game, at least he is playing. Once he actually is totally, finally done; he won't have to tell himself "I could've played a few more years." I'm sure he doesn't want that kind of regret...

MTK 08-07-2008 10:04 AM

[quote=BleedBurgundy;462410]I don't care for the drama but the guy has a right to do what he loves as long as someone is willing to hire him. He doesn't owe anyone anything. Even if he loses every game, at least he is playing. Once he actually is totally, finally done; he won't have to tell himself "I could've played a few more years." I'm sure he doesn't want that kind of regret...[/quote]

I agree. I'm tired of the drama too but if the guy wants to keep playing go for it. I think it's a shame things went down the way they did, but it is what it is.