Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Favre to the Jets (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/24355-favre-to-the-jets.html)

jdlea 08-07-2008 09:06 AM

Re: Favre to the Jets

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;462412]I agree. I'm tired of the drama too but if the guy wants to keep playing go for it. I think it's a shame things went down the way they did, but it is what it is.[/QUOTE]

You know, I wonder pretty often what it would have been like if we didn't have the 24/7 media coverage for sports. If we didn't hang on every trade rumor, would this really been that big of a deal?

I really blame the Packers in all of this, they really could have just stopped trying to drive up the price, making it look like they were trying to trade Favre, meanwhile, making a half hearted attempt. They should have just done this thing 2 weeks ago, somewhat under the radar and been done with it, but instead they let it get to this point.

MTK 08-07-2008 09:09 AM

I'm not sure who's to blame, seems like both parties have to share it. I think Favre should have come out right off the bat and forced the Packers hand to make a decision by signing his reinstatement papers rather than waiting... but I think he really wanted to work it out with them and things just went sour the longer it dragged out.

The drama is far from over though. Favre is going to be a huge story all season long. And anything Rodgers does is also going to be under a microscope.

Soup's Uncle 08-07-2008 09:15 AM

B-B-B-Bretty & the Jets...

I sure hope the Packers suck this year. I love turmoil that happens to other teams. I think Favre would have definitely preferred the Bucs though.

Paintrain 08-07-2008 09:21 AM

I'm just glad it's over.. Let's move on to the rest of the league now ESPN & NFL-N..

MTK 08-07-2008 09:28 AM

[quote=Paintrain;462418]I'm just glad it's over.. Let's move on to the rest of the league now ESPN & NFL-N..[/quote]

Prepare to see constant updates of him arriving in NY, his first presser there, his first practice, etc. It's far from over.

riggins44 08-07-2008 09:33 AM

[QUOTE=Soup's Uncle;462416]B-B-B-Bretty & the Jets...

[/QUOTE]

:lol: Thanks for the laugh!

12thMan 08-07-2008 09:42 AM

Shall we call them the New York [I]Bretts?[/I]

Soup's Uncle 08-07-2008 10:18 AM

Instead of Broadway, we can say Favreway.

mredskins 08-07-2008 10:25 AM

[quote=riggins44;462421]:lol: Thanks for the laugh![/quote]

Thanks for getting a song stuck in my head! =)

Only way to get it out now is to start humming "I Dream of Jeannie"

UGH!

Paintrain 08-07-2008 10:47 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;462419]Prepare to see constant updates of him arriving in NY, his first presser there, his first practice, etc. It's far from over.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's some wishful thinking that they will move on but at least they have something actual to report now. I'm pretty sure though that this will put the Jets/Redskins preseason game on the NFL-N next Saturday. That'll be pretty sweet for 4 of the 5 Redskins preseason games being nationally televised!

PennSkinsFan 08-07-2008 11:16 AM

Glad it is over. Hopefully the media can move on now. Agggghhhh, I am so FARVED out.

mooby 08-07-2008 11:27 AM

I am definitely Favre'd out too, thank god this is almost over. Yeah we'll be seeing reports updating him in New York but at least we won't be hearing news stories about "Brett Favre sends text message to Thompson, CI says it reads 'thnx for tr8ing me' "

GATEKEEPER 08-07-2008 12:32 PM

I think he's one of the greatest QB's ever, but I've lost a great deal of respect for him over this. He retires and the forces the Packers to move on and plan the whole offseason around a new QB and then at the beginning of camp he says, "just kidding", and expects the world to just revert back? This is going to end up like the Washington Wizards years of Jordan. Forgetable and laughable