Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Dirtbag359 Presents The Preseason Battle Poll (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/24395-dirtbag359-presents-the-preseason-battle-poll.html)

12thMan 08-09-2008 03:23 PM

Re: Dirtbag359 Presents The Preseason Battle Poll

I think it's Brooks v. Frost. And it will be a close one at that.

Mason v. Rock, don't see it. Unless Mason clearly overwhelms and has a few eye opening performances, I don't see him making the team. Even if Mason is slightly better than Rock this year, Rock still makes the team.

As far as Chad, I think it's possible the staff would eventually have him take over for Pete Kendall not Jansen. Maybe this is just me, but I think Chad could be our replacement for letting Dockery go a couple of seasons ago. By the by, let's keep an eye on D.Docks tonight.

That Guy 08-09-2008 03:47 PM

right now punter is the only real battle, but i mean, i'd be shocked if the rookie didn't get it. we got a steal on him.

Cowell 08-10-2008 02:09 AM

I had to go with the punters. It's the only battle for a starting job... all the other battles are for the last roster spot at the position.

skinsnut 08-12-2008 01:33 PM

I went with Frost/Brooks because in my opinion, it is the only legitamate battle listed that is close

Rock will stay...if Mason makes it they wont cut Rock
Horton has a huge leg up on Moore...so thats not that close.
Mann and Toler are cuts, Mix is likely cut too....as well as McMullen....only he has a shot in my mind.

skinsnut 08-12-2008 01:40 PM

[QUOTE=GTripp0012;462925]Rob Jackson vs. Erasmus James vs. Chris Wilson because it allowed me to vote for 'other'.
[/QUOTE]

Gtripp has a good point here.
The real battle is for backup ends.
I want James and Wilson and Evans as Backup Ends.

Regarding Jansen vs the Rook.
not this year but perhaps next.
I agree Jansen should be watched cause he was fairly lame last preseason too when people wanted to give Wade a shot at his job.

mlmpetert 08-12-2008 05:37 PM

Okay artical on McMullen v. Mix

Is there any affiliation between warpathinsiders and thewarpath?

[url=http://was.scout.com/2/777790.html]Scout.com: Mix vs. McMullen[/url]

freddyg12 08-12-2008 05:51 PM

there are actually a few good battles going on. JLC's latest blog raises concerns w/C. Wilson. I think he has a point. Wilson was just an outside rusher last year, didn't even have an inside move really. I hope he makes it but DE is crowded. (funny to say that after all of us saying we needed to draft DEs for the last few years).

The wr & safety spots are crowded too. I don't know about Jansen losing his starting job by the first game, but I can definitely see it happening by mid season. I don't think Heyer is really ready for it though. It may depend on where they want to plug rinehart in if they're that comfortable w/him. I can see him taking kendall's job too, as was mentioned earlier.

SmootSmack 08-12-2008 06:02 PM

[QUOTE=mlmpetert;463876]Okay artical on McMullen v. Mix

Is there any affiliation between warpathinsiders and thewarpath?

[url=http://was.scout.com/2/777790.html]Scout.com: Mix vs. McMullen[/url][/QUOTE]

None

ChillWill 08-12-2008 09:06 PM

[QUOTE=dmek25;462965]i wasn't worried about Jansen at all, until that game. he looked god awful slow. maybe goat is on to something[/QUOTE]

Jansen is fine going forward on running plays but his lateral movement makes him look like he's got ankle weights on. They are going to have to help him on passing plays.

dmvskinzfan08 08-12-2008 10:30 PM

I think Rock vs Mason. But something is telling me that they are going to keep both of them. I know its only preseason but I like what I see from Mason and the Rock is a rock on special teams. But saying that I just think Mason has "it" and I listen closely to every press conference Zorn has and he has been talking highly of Mason right now. But if Devin Thomas is healthy I think you need to watch out for him as a returner. Just a thought.

dmvskinzfan08 08-13-2008 08:10 PM

[QUOTE=GTripp0012;462925]Rob Jackson vs. Erasmus James vs. Chris Wilson because it allowed me to vote for 'other'.

Seriously, I think that's the most critical of them all. Unless Colt Brennan vs. Todd Collins counts ;)[/QUOTE]

How many defensive ends do you think they will keep? I like Demetric Evans and Chris Wilson. But what if Rob Jackson continues to shine and Erasmus looks good this preseason?..Obviously they thought it was a weak position. I think they brought in another DE this week. But seriously. I think James will make the team and Rob too. I love the fact that we keep core Redskins..But I think its about playing the best player. I guess its a major battle until the cut deadline arrives..I dont really know how to feel about this one...Eventhough Erasmus hasn't played much he's looking good in pratice so far and Rob has looked good in preseason games..

We just need to improve our pass rush drastically. Jason Taylor will help a lot. But I think the new blood was brought in for a reason.

GTripp0012 08-13-2008 08:23 PM

[quote=dmvskinzfan08;464222]How many defensive ends do you think they will keep? I like Demetric Evans and Chris Wilson. But what if Rob Jackson continues to shine and Erasmus looks good this preseason?..Obviously they thought it was a weak position. I think they brought in another DE this week. But seriously. I think James will make the team and Rob too. I love the fact that we keep core Redskins..But I think its about playing the best player. I guess its a major battle until the cut deadline arrives..I dont really know how to feel about this one...Eventhough Erasmus hasn't played much he's looking good in pratice so far and Rob has looked good in preseason games..

We just need to improve our pass rush drastically. Jason Taylor will help a lot. But I think the new blood was brought in for a reason.[/quote]I think they are keeping five, and I think that if Rob Jackson continues to play well, I think Chris Wilson is the odd man out.

Chris Wilson was/is a great story. As a fan of a college football team in their conference, I can tell you flat out that Northwood College has no one in their program capable of achieving what Wilson did with the Redskin last season. But the skill set he brings isn't very hard to find, and though he probably has some good football ahead of him, we shouldn't feel like we are letting one get away if we let Chris Wilson go and he catches on with someone else.

I'll root for him wherever he goes, but I no longer think he's going to be with the Redskins at the end of this month.

prinzeofmoval 08-16-2008 11:47 PM

Colt vs Collins is the biggest one because when the stars, planets and moons align Colt will be our guy.

Ruhskins 08-16-2008 11:53 PM

[QUOTE=skinsnut;463826]Gtripp has a good point here.
The real battle is for backup ends.
I want James and Wilson and Evans as Backup Ends.

Regarding Jansen vs the Rook.
not this year but perhaps next.
I agree Jansen should be watched cause he was fairly lame last preseason too when people wanted to give Wade a shot at his job.[/QUOTE]

I think it is safe to say that Jackson is going to be on the practice squad, right?