Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Brooks/Frost Update 8-9-08 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=24414)

jsarno 08-19-2008 07:15 PM

Re: Brooks/Frost Update 8-9-08

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;465455]You really don't watch the Redskins [I]at all[/I] in the preseason?[/QUOTE]

Well, first off, I live in New Mexico (aka: shitland), so the games aren't televised here anyway. But I did catch the first quarter of the first game. If the game is on, I will catch a few plays here and there, but I purposely tell myself not to watch it. I don't want to get excited about things that don't deserve excitement. Like Brennan for instance. I love the guy and the pick, but him doing well in preseason doesn't deserve my attention. Wuerffel did VERY well in the preseason, but he sucked.
This is probably the only thing in my life that I show extreme patience. I am certainly jonesing for Redskins football, but I will wait patiently for the season. I already took off Sept. 4th to watch the game!

MTK 08-19-2008 07:21 PM

[quote=jsarno;465574]Well, first off, I live in New Mexico (aka: shitland), so the games aren't televised here anyway. But I did catch the first quarter of the first game. If the game is on, I will catch a few plays here and there, but I purposely tell myself not to watch it. I don't want to get excited about things that don't deserve excitement. Like Brennan for instance. I love the guy and the pick, but him doing well in preseason doesn't deserve my attention. Wuerffel did VERY well in the preseason, but he sucked.
This is probably the only thing in my life that I show extreme patience. I am certainly jonesing for Redskins football, but I will wait patiently for the season. I already took off Sept. 4th to watch the game![/quote]

No DirecTV? How do you watch the regular season games?

4thGenRedskin21 08-20-2008 06:50 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;465576]No DirecTV? How do you watch the regular season games?[/QUOTE]

Im in Redskins territory here in Va and I STILL have DirectTV so I dont miss any of our division rivals games either. I would shoot myself if I wasnt able to watch the redskins in preseason, because your preseason says alot on how you do during the regular season. remember in 06?? we lost alllll our preseason games I believe?? we were like "it's only preseason" but yea right, it was a precursor of what was to come. We went 5-11.

The preseason DESERVES attention.

jsarno 08-20-2008 04:11 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;465576]No DirecTV? How do you watch the regular season games?[/QUOTE]

I've had the NFL sunday ticket since it came out. I never miss a regular season...however, I was uncertain they cover all preseason games.
What channels do they cover the games?

MTK 08-20-2008 04:12 PM

The NFLN

WaldSkins 08-20-2008 04:47 PM

I live in Pa and I've watched all 3 preseason games. And if it wouldn't have been for Farve the game i would of missed the Jets game. All of the games have been on Nationwide Stations Ala NFL network. Thank God for that otherwise id be subject to replays after the Eagles were done playing.

jsarno 08-20-2008 05:02 PM

[QUOTE=4thGenRedskin21;465689]Im in Redskins territory here in Va and I STILL have DirectTV so I dont miss any of our division rivals games either. I would shoot myself if I wasnt able to watch the redskins in preseason, because your preseason says alot on how you do during the regular season. remember in 06?? we lost alllll our preseason games I believe?? we were like "it's only preseason" but yea right, it was a precursor of what was to come. We went 5-11.

The preseason DESERVES attention.[/QUOTE]

What would make you think that other than the one year you are speaking of?
For instance, the Patriots were 1-3 in 04, and went on to win the super bowl losing only 2 games all season.

I am going to sound like a broken record, but Spurrier's first season, we went 4-1 and scored the most points in the history of preseason, only to go 7-9 and ranked 25th out of 32 teams in offense.
A lot of us don't want to recall that season, but we had some horrendous games, week 2 losing to the eagles 37-7. Losing to the Saints, 43-27. Losing to the packers 30-9. Losing to the Jags 26-7.

Here is a list of recent preseason vs regular season stats.

2007 preseason, 2-2 (28th in points for)
2007 reg season, 9-7 (18th in points for)

2006 preseason, 0-4 (worst, 32nd in points for)
2006 reg season, 5-11 (19th points for)

2005 preseason, 1-3 (25th in points allowed)
2005 reg season, 10-6 (9th in points allowed)

2004 preseason, 3-2 (nothing notable, middle of pack in pf and pa)
2004 reg season, 6-10 (31st in PF, 5th in PA)

2003 preseason, 1-3 (29th in points)
2003 reg season, 5-11 (21st in points)

2002 preseason, 4-1 (set record for most points 164, and was 57 points better than the 2nd best team...dead last, 32nd in points allowed)
2002 reg season, 7-9 (25th in points, 22nd in points allowed)

2001 preseason, 1-3 (tied for worst in the NFL in points allowed)
2001 reg. season, 8-8 (13th in point allowed)

I also can't prove this cause I can't find preseason stats for our super bowl runs, but i am fairly certain we went winless in the preseason on one of our SB championships. Also, I am fairly certain the Cowboys went winless in the preseason and went on to win it all at least once.

So with the exception of 03, there is not a whole lot of similarity. In fact, those stats prove that preseason usually has little to no effect on the regular season.

jsarno 08-20-2008 05:07 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;465813]The NFLN[/QUOTE]

Never noticed the games...when I search through I likely notice the channel saying "preseason football" and just skip right by it.

September 4th needs to get here quicker...I'm itchin for some football!!!