Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Early Cut list, or Please Get Off My Team (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=24422)

JGisLordOfTheRings 08-10-2008 03:08 PM

Re: Early Cut list, or Please Get Off My Team

I love Marcus Mason but I dont ever want to see him returning a kick again. He holds the ball in such a way that its going to get popped out too frequently.

Tryon and Westbrook continue to do NOTHING to endear me to them. Torrence getting beat on that play was pretty bad but, its James friggin Hardy and it was a pretty good throw too imo.

Step it up out GTFO.

skinsnut 08-10-2008 03:34 PM

MIX has a broken rib
[url=http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/?hpid=moreheadlines]Redskins Insider[/url]

This may just make the cut easier

sportscurmudgeon 08-10-2008 03:41 PM

Just one cautionary note about McMullin:

He has a ton of experience in the West Coast Offense - - in practice. His game performances over his entire career have yet to rise to the level of "mediocre".

Is he better than Mix? Maybe. But don't get lathered up about the "treatness that is Mr. McMullin" just yet. He's been a major disappointment wherever he's been so far...

redskinjim 08-10-2008 03:50 PM

westbrook looked real slow out there.Tyron looked average at best.torrence is going to be all right.Reed douty had a big play.But i can see him getting burned by the big PASS PLAY

theJBexperience 08-10-2008 04:03 PM

I think Torrence has been playing well. He led the charge on that Marshawn Lynch stuff after London Fletcher lost the tackle. And I remember him coming up quick in run support last week as well. His coverage has been pretty good. There wasn't any separation between him and James Hardy, just height advantage. I think he's been holding his own.

Tryon, on the other hand. It seems like every time there's a big passing play, he comes trotting in behind the receiver a few steps late. I haven't honestly seen one play that makes me think the guy has potential. He's getting a lot of PT too. You'd think he'd do something when the scrubs come in. I'm thinking he might need to be sent to the practice squad to work on his coverage skills. He's of no use to the Skins in dime or nickel packages or even special teams. The analysts were saying he was a reach in the 4th round, and that's looking like the case. Justin Tryon, please, get better or get off my team.

EXoffender 08-10-2008 05:03 PM

[B]Torrence[/B]'s game is built around hitting and tackling, much like [B]Jimoh[/B]'s was. Dude has size and speed to stay with big WRs but doesn't have a clue how to make a play on the ball. [B]Tryon[/B] will be given time to get better since we drafted him in the fourth. [B]Richardson[/B] will have a chance to stick and hasn't looked too bad in coverage. It seems that [B]Moore[/B] is our only other FS on the roster. He seems to be solid but, is playing catch up. Which brings up [B]Springs[/B] playing FS. Are we deeper at CB than we are at safety? [B]Westbrook[/B], like I said before, is garbage. [B]Mason[/B] has little value without being able to return KOs. Why hasn't he been working on this in the offseason? He does run like he's still in HS though... [B]Huntley[/B] is garbage. [B]Sinclair[/B] and [B]K. Campbell [/B]impressed and are special teams aces. Question: Did we miss [B]Heyer[/B]? Answer: Nope. [B]McMullen[/B] is a WR-upgrade from 'should be an assistant' [B]Thrash[/B]. [B]Broughton[/B] is garbage. I didn't see [B]Horton[/B] vs BUF and wished [B]Blades[/B] was ready to go.

wilsowilso 08-10-2008 05:11 PM

When the analysts said Tryon was a reach in the fourth round they might have been on to something.

SeanTaylor21SKINS 08-10-2008 06:09 PM

-Derek Devine
-Anthony Mix
-Justin Tryon
-Horace Gant

I like McMullen so far. But I wouldn't count Byron Westbrook out quite yet.

theJBexperience 08-10-2008 06:57 PM

[quote=wilsowilso;463359]When the analysts said Tryon was a reach in the fourth round they might have been on to something.[/quote]

Yeah, I was frustrated by that pick. There was still a lot of CB talent on the board. USF's Trae Williams, Wisconsinn's Jack Ikegwuono, Boise State's Orlando Scandrick, Nebraska's Zack Bowman and if you were gonna reach, reach for a guy like Grand Valley State's Brandon Carr, who the Chiefs got in the 5th. Time will tell, and it's only been two games, but I haven't seen much, if anything, to say this guy's gonna be OK.

Ruhskins 08-10-2008 07:08 PM

McMullen didn't do that great during the first game, I remember him having a dropped passed and a false start. I'd like to see him play another solid game before I rave about him.

I do remember hearing people's praises of Torrence, so I'm curious to know what he did during the last game (didn't watch the whole game). I think Tryon is having a whole bunch of rookie mistakes, I think he needs to keep the talk down and perform better.

I think Devine is gone, unless they keep him in the practice squad...which it may happen under Zorn.

T.O.Killa 08-10-2008 07:13 PM

Well, Blache said prior to the first preseason game, that Tryon was a steal and he is the real deal. I am not sure how he feels now, but I see him in position to make the play most of the time. He simply fails to make the play. I am confident that he will do better, and I am also 100% sure he makes the 53 man roster. Rookies are rookies and they take time to develop. Even Chris Long looked like a fool on a running play, and he is making a zillion dollars.

Ruhskins 08-10-2008 07:22 PM

[QUOTE=T.O.Killa;463374]Well, Blache said prior to the first preseason game, that Tryon was a steal and he is the real deal. I am not sure how he feels now, but I see him in position to make the play most of the time. He simply fails to make the play. I am confident that he will do better, and I am also 100% sure he makes the 53 man roster. Rookies are rookies and they take time to develop. Even Chris Long looked like a fool on a running play, and he is making a zillion dollars.[/QUOTE]

I think it is safe to say that Blache won't fall in love with Tryon...now a stripper that's another thing. LOL.

T.O.Killa 08-10-2008 07:24 PM

My list of first cuts:

1. Horrace Gant
2. Partick Ghee
3. Justin Hamilton(kind of like this one), rather see Vernon Fox
4. Cedric Holt
5. Todd Wade(My Suprise Cut)

T.O.Killa 08-10-2008 07:25 PM

[quote=Ruhskins;463378]I think it is safe to say that Blache won't fall in love with Tryon...now a stripper that's another thing. LOL.[/quote]
I hate to say this, but when he made the comment that a rookie will brake your heart after the Buffalo game, I wondered if he was talking about Tryon.

SmootSmack 08-10-2008 07:27 PM

[QUOTE=theJBexperience;463370]Yeah, I was frustrated by that pick. There was still a lot of CB talent on the board. USF's Trae Williams, Wisconsinn's Jack Ikegwuono, Boise State's Orlando Scandrick, Nebraska's Zack Bowman and if you were gonna reach, reach for a guy like Grand Valley State's Brandon Carr, who the Chiefs got in the 5th. Time will tell, and it's only been two games, but I haven't seen much, if anything, to say this guy's gonna be OK.[/QUOTE]

I would agree. I'm a huge Bowman fan. I was hoping we would get him, albeit in the 5th round or later.