Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Devin Thomas (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/24551-devin-thomas.html)

BeastsoftheNFCeast 08-17-2008 12:16 AM

Devin Thomas

This preseason, the one thing I was looking to see was how good our rookie wide recievers are. I was mad when neither of them were in the first two games, but Im even more upset now after watching Thomas. He was in throughout the entire length of the game and didn't even make one catch...not even against the people who are gonna be cut. This kid better pick up his game quick.

PennSkinsFan 08-17-2008 12:18 AM

Re: Devin Thomas

[quote=BeastsoftheNFCeast;465023]This preseason, the one thing I was looking to see was how good our rookie wide recievers are. I was mad when neither of them were in the first two games, but Im even more upset now after watching Thomas. He was in throughout the entire length of the game and didn't even make one catch...not even against the people who are gonna be cut. This kid better pick up his game quick.[/quote]

One, they did not throw his way enough. Two, your right, when they did, he was rather unimpressive.

T.O.Killa 08-17-2008 12:20 AM

Yeah, and Desean Jackson has set the world on fire in Philadelphia.

RMSkins 08-17-2008 12:21 AM

Yeah I wasn't very impressed with Thomas either. Sure, the Qb's may not have been looking at him but maybe it was because he wasn't getting open. I know the Jets rookie CB, Dwight Lowry, was covering him pretty well tonight.

skinsfan69 08-17-2008 08:18 AM

It's his first game. Give the kid some slack. It's going to take time and very few rookie wr's ever come in and light it up. It was a risky pick but in all fairness let's judge him this time next year.

memphisskin 08-17-2008 08:27 AM

No, he wasn't Randy Moss, but he's new and he's still raw. I was encouraged, he got his hands on the jump ball they did throw him and I think that's a catch he'll make next time. This was his first action and unlike Desean Jackson the Skins didn't make a concerted effort to get the guy the ball, they seemed to be targeting McMullen a lot. But he's a rookie wideout who hasn't had a full camp because of his hamstrings, he'll get better.

I think the reason he wasn't targeted is because the qbs were throwing to the guys they developed a rapport with in practice.

EternalEnigma21 08-17-2008 08:50 AM

yeah, he needs to be conditioned, but you can't expect him or kelly to really light it up as rookies... wideouts almost always take a couple of years to adjust to the nfl for some reason...

SC Skins Fan 08-17-2008 10:06 AM

CUT HIM!!! :cussing:

<sarcasm>

Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor 08-17-2008 10:13 AM

Like I said before in an earlier thread, Devin will be our best wideout before the season is over. We did not get him the ball at all in the game like we did the other receivers. I mean we could have got him the ball in a number of ways: drags, outs, slants or a quick bubble screen which I did not see. If Zorn wanted to get him the ball then trust me he would have had the ball. I did not see why we did not get his feet wet and see what he can do besides on kick returns which is Cartwright's job. I have to believe that this will change against Carolina when the playcalling starts.

RedskinPete 08-17-2008 11:18 AM

He played like a kid that didn't didn't take part in off season work outs because of coming out of school and being his first NFL game. He going to be good with each week he gets to play. Is he going to be a super star out of the gate come the Giants game? No But if he can get 3 of 4 catches and maybe a TD that will not be bad. Coach Z will put him in postion that he can be the best he can be for that game! That is something coach Z is great at is getting the best out of his players and right now Thomas just tock his first NFL step!

MiraclesHappen07 08-17-2008 11:31 AM

Before we all go on a witch hunt against Thomas, keep in mind this is his first game since college. He still getting adjusted to the game, and the way the deffense works. we all now its a lot different than in the pros than college. Plus our qbs did not throw to him that much, and the ones he did get thrown to him he appeared well covered for someone with his speed, but that could be because of his hamstring, its probally not fully healed. I will admitt though i was hoping he was gona have a good game like Jackson did for the eagles *shighs* ohwell, there always next week!!!!

Mattyk 08-17-2008 11:38 AM

He's behind because of his injury and we need to keep in mind above all he's a rookie. Nothing to get too upset about.

SkinzzFan 08-17-2008 11:38 AM

Let's give the kid more than 1 preseason game before we label him as the next Michael Westbrook. As stated by a few of you already, rookie WRs need time to adjust to the pro game. It's a lot faster in the NFL. I'm not too worried about him or Kelly.

SFREDSKIN 08-17-2008 12:56 PM

He caught some balls, they were out of bounds :) It's his first game as a pro, give the guy a break, he'll come through.

SkinsFanSince91 08-17-2008 01:18 PM

No one on WP has patience anymore. I'd hate to see what any of your stock portfolios looks like.

He will not be cut, so just be patient and let him develop into the player tha twe drafted.