Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If Campbell Can't Produce! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=24744)

Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor 08-25-2008 09:56 PM

If Campbell Can't Produce!

If Campbell can not produce in this west coast offense this year I can see us definitely trying to trade for Charlie Frye. Zorn worked with him last year and now Holmgren is giving him experience in running this offense in the preseason and he is actually doing a pretty decent job. I do not believe that Colt will be ready to start nex year and Collins has no mobility for the position in this offense. I just honestly believe that Campbell is not cut off for this offense. I was watching him when he was at Auburn '04 and looked decent but he holds the ball entirely too long. Trade Campbell in the offseason and get a pick for the '09 draft. Don't criticize just let me know how you feel about this. Campbell does not have any ties to Zorn only Colt does.

Schneed10 08-25-2008 10:03 PM

Re: If Campbell Can't Produce!

OK, I will not criticize, I will instead tell you how I feel...

RETARDED THREAD.

Redskins_P 08-25-2008 10:05 PM

This is a very retarded thread.

DynamiteRave 08-25-2008 10:07 PM

I'm wondering how long it's gonna take before this gets locked or severely flamed. :D

The Goat 08-25-2008 10:10 PM

Slow down amigo. JC has been forced to learn a new offensive system almost every year through college and pro. It's totally unfair to him, in part because he's shown flashes of great play and always been 100% dedicated/disciplined to the task at hand.

We also have one of the best QB coaches in the league working w/ JC, which means he may have his best chance to get to the next level. It also means I won't be 2nd guessing Campbell until Zorn does.

skinsfan_nn 08-25-2008 10:12 PM

You really feel this thread really was necessary..? He played well at Auburn,but.....

You have not seen one single regular season game with real bullets flying yet with JC at the helm in this NEW offense and not to mention our new head coach is JC's mentor and an ex QB, don't you think that will help his progress?....give the damn guy a chance.

Charlie Frye give me a damn break what are you watching the game and thought this is our next QB? Come On.

Miller101 08-25-2008 10:16 PM

Hey Sean Big Hurt Taylor..............just drink a beer or two. Relax a little bit. And give Campbell at least one month of regular season play before you speculate on him not producing. And even then, don't forget that Campbell produced an undefeated team in the SEC while running a west coast offense. I know that was college, but going undefeated in the SEC is pretty tough.

Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor 08-25-2008 10:22 PM

I'm just saying he can not even get the ball fast in a preseason game. I wil try to be patient but that game really pissed me off. I'm watching the same offense we are running and Frye was picking apart the chargers starting defense which is three times better than the Panthers. I guessed I'm just not being patient since our passing game has sucked for like the last 5 years and I'm tired of having to run all the time because our passing game is not up to par. I hoped I'm wrong and Campbell can produce like Hasselbeck in this west coast scheme.

firstdown 08-25-2008 10:24 PM

We have to give him this entire year to see how he picks up the syatem and then it could be time to decide if he is the man. Theisman said this system takes atleast one year to learn completly and then pointed out QB's who struggled at first and have become very good QB's in the NFL.

SmootSmack 08-25-2008 10:24 PM

Frye has two touchdown passes tonight so we should probably send our first round pick next year, Portis, and our Lombardi Trophies to Seattle right away for Frye...but then again, he did throw 3 interceptions (no touchdowns), and was sacked 3 times last week against the Bears.

I thought this thread might be interesting, but the suggestion of trading for Frye as the answer to Campbell's struggles is....sigh.

Personally, I think this thread brings down the quality of this site and should be locked but I'll wait a bit to see if I can be convinced otherwise.

skinsfan_nn 08-25-2008 10:33 PM

[quote=Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor;467760][B]I'm just saying he can not even get the ball fast in a preseason game[/B]. I wil try to be patient but that game really pissed me off. I'm watching the same offense we are running and Frye was picking apart the chargers starting defense which is three times better than the Panthers. I guessed I'm just not being patient since our passing game has sucked for like the last 5 years and I'm tired of having to run all the time because our passing game is not up to par. I hoped I'm wrong and Campbell can produce like Hasselbeck in this west coast scheme.[/quote]

Huh....? You think that might have had just a little something to do with him be hit from every direction? You understand what no pass protection will do to a QB! I think he only had one ball or so that he held on to in LAST weeks game. What about the first two pre-season games when he was flawless. Not quite as sharp in the Jets game, but once again the pass protection was weak!

This really is senseless thread! I'm out, hope it gets the lock down, SOON!

vaoutlaws2006 08-25-2008 10:35 PM

frye just left with an injury....this is even more retarded now. hey mods....check my post in the sun did rise again....we all know what i asked for on the first person who suggested campbelll should be replaced....fyi for those who didnt see that thread it was the first who suggests campbell should be replaced should be banned.....well warpath mods here he is.

FRPLG 08-25-2008 10:55 PM

The

sky

is

falling

vaoutlaws2006 08-25-2008 10:59 PM

FRPLG apparently some feel the the sky is falling trade for charlie frye.....thats laughable

SFREDSKIN 08-25-2008 11:17 PM

We go get Gus Frerotte, Patrick Ramsey and bring the ole ball coach back!! Good times!!