Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Will Mason or any other surprises make the team? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=24753)

doughtydoubter 08-26-2008 03:31 PM

Will Mason or any other surprises make the team?

Will Mason make the team? I think hes given himself a good shot.

FRPLG 08-26-2008 03:37 PM

Re: Will Mason or any other surprises make the team?

Mason wouldn't be a surprise at this point really. There's some flexibility at LB so we'll see what happens there but otherwise the only real spor open is punter.

doughtydoubter 08-26-2008 04:49 PM

I think a surpirse move could be mcmullen. if indeed we decide to keep 6 wrs as some analysts have predicted. who knows tho? We do need depth at lb tho

skinsnut 08-26-2008 06:16 PM

i might be suprised if Tryon makes the team....he may be a practice squader...he would be the suprise miss for a draft pick..

I think Chris Wilson is outta here. I agree McMullen is the only guy with a shot at slot #6 which they may need based on the lack of production from both rookies

WaldSkins 08-26-2008 06:21 PM

Id be suprised if Brooks wins the Punting job over Frosty

EXoffender 08-26-2008 06:22 PM

I think the surprise would be Cartwright getting released...

skinsnut 08-26-2008 06:31 PM

[QUOTE=EXoffender;468017]I think the surprise would be Cartwright getting released...[/QUOTE]

that is crazy...it'll never happen.
Have you seen all these crappy kickoff returns by everyone else...no way...ever...never....never.

Todd Wade on the other hand....could be cut if the Oline performs well again on Thurs....if they suck again...he stays

doughtydoubter 08-26-2008 08:41 PM

Good point. i think a surprise would be westbrook..he had a ok game vs carolina but he hasnt really proved anything else to me this year

WaldSkins 08-27-2008 01:04 AM

[QUOTE=doughtydoubter;468052]Good point. i think a surprise would be westbrook..he had a ok game vs carolina but he hasnt really proved anything else to me this year[/QUOTE]

I dont think anyone played up to an OK level in that game.

doughtydoubter 08-27-2008 08:59 AM

There were a couple exceptions here and there if you re watch the game. Offensively i cant give much but a few of the 2nd string defensive players played ok

T.O.Killa 08-27-2008 02:20 PM

My suprise player is Devin Clark, I have watched him and he has played well every game.

Ruhskins 08-27-2008 02:36 PM

I believe Andrew Crummey will quietly make the roster :) (I know I know, that's wishful thinking)

backrow 08-27-2008 02:50 PM

[QUOTE=doughtydoubter;467973]Will Mason make the team? I think hes given himself a good shot.[/QUOTE]

Yes! As will Doughty. I'd prefer to doubt it also!

Gmanc711 08-27-2008 06:31 PM

I'd say Mason, he was awsome in the first few games...I didnt (thank god) get to watch the Carolina game, I just heard it so I'm not sure how he looked than...but at this point, it would be a suprise to me if he is CUT.

Darrell_Green_28 08-27-2008 07:40 PM

[quote=WaldSkins;468016]Id be suprised if Brooks wins the Punting job over Frosty[/quote]

I sure hope Brooks wins it.. it always happens that frost shows promise when he has competition then later in in the season he starts his decline knowing that he's the punter.. So I sure hope Brook is the Punter... hes younger and just as good and will more than likely get better.

DIRTEE 08-27-2008 08:34 PM

Tryon to the PS.

Its a hard decision for the following people: Thrash - Mason - Mix - McMullen - Wilson. I think the people who can play special teams will stay and the ones who can't get cut.

Frost hasn't outplayed Brooks; so he's gone.

I think Wade is gone. He's on the downside of his career and he hasn't shown that he's a difference maker compared to the rookies.

mmil12 08-27-2008 08:50 PM

No way Frost makes this team. The only way he does that is if Durant implodes this Thursday.

Mix is gone, if not practice squaded...

No way Thrash gets cut! You can hear how much Zorn loves him!

Mason makes the team and if we keep 6 wide outs...McMullen has earned it...

Redskins247 08-27-2008 10:17 PM

What's happened to Mix anyway? Since the preseason started I've heard NOTHING about him. Did he get injured and I missed it? What's his deal...

Ruhskins 08-27-2008 10:42 PM

[QUOTE=Redskins247;468367]What's happened to Mix anyway? Since the preseason started I've heard NOTHING about him. Did he get injured and I missed it? What's his deal...[/QUOTE]

He's been injured...and the times he's played he hasn't been that great. If the Skins keep 6 WRs, McMullen seems to have the edge over Mix for that #6 spot.

hail_2_da_skins 08-28-2008 11:36 AM

[quote=Darrell_Green_28;468342]I sure hope Brooks wins it.. it always happens that frost shows promise when he has competition then later in in the season he starts his decline knowing that he's the punter.. So I sure hope Brook is the Punter... hes younger and just as good and will more than likely get better.[/quote]

You are absolutely right about Frost. He always does well when his job is in jeopardy, but as soon as there is no competition he starts slacking again. The Skins should go with the kid and let Frost find a job elsewhere.

doughtydoubter 08-28-2008 12:44 PM

im with you frost can only punt when his job is on the line.
I think mcmulen has earned a spot...but man thats a ton of offensive people.
4 rbs...i want mason so bad but i just cant see it. 6 wrs not unheard of but it would probably make more sense to practice squad one of the younger guys in case of a desperate plague of injuries. I dont think mix can make the squad is he elligible?

mcarey032 08-28-2008 01:45 PM

I would like to see Mason win a spot because if he doesn't, or is put on the practice squad, some other team will likely get him and he will be very productive for that particular team. I really like how he has performed the past couple of preseasons and I think that he should be rewarded with a 53 man spot.

mcarey032 08-28-2008 01:46 PM

[QUOTE=mmil12;468347]No way Frost makes this team. The only way he does that is if Durant implodes this Thursday.

Mix is gone, if not practice squaded...

No way Thrash gets cut! You can hear how much Zorn loves him!

Mason makes the team and if we keep 6 wide outs...McMullen has earned it...[/QUOTE]

amen! Couldn't have said that better. I think that people are tired of Frost and his inconsistent punting. If you can't do outstanding punting, then you shouldn't be hurting the team and that is what he did last year with a few brutal shanks. Your post was dead on.

doughtydoubter 08-28-2008 01:46 PM

i dont think mason can make the ps this year...its either sign him or release him