Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   ESPN NFL Preview: Redskins (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/24777-espn-nfl-preview-redskins.html)

SmootSmack 08-27-2008 02:25 PM

ESPN NFL Preview: Redskins

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/team?team=was]ESPN - Team Preview: Washington Redskins - NFL[/url]

Ruhskins 08-27-2008 02:34 PM

Re: ESPN NFL Preview: Redskins

Interesting that they didn't mention anything about the Safeties as a weakness, given that according to some people here Reed Doughty will single-handely bring down the team. LOL.

Seriously though, I find it interesting that they mention WRs as a weakness, in a way agreeing with my point that we did not address our WR issue during the offseason. And I do wholeheartedly (sp?) agree with Scouts regarding our CBs. Out of our top 3 CBs, two of them are either injury prone (Springs) and coming from a major injury (Rogers). I hope fortune is on our side, and both of these guys stay healthy. I also would have included run-defense as a weakness...especially after the Carolina debacle.

mredskins 08-27-2008 02:37 PM

why for the life of me do they pick the Eagles second in the NFC East. They suck and have no one to throw to.

freddyg12 08-27-2008 02:39 PM

The media tide has really turned for our skins, not that it matters too much. Nobody is just bashing the danny et al.

I agree w/their assessments. While they pick us to finish last, they all state that it's a tough divison. One guy has us at #2 in the div, while Jeremy Green said we could win 3 other divisions but still picks us 4th in the nfc east.

bigSkinsfan61 08-27-2008 02:42 PM

yea all of em' but one say were going to be in last place...we shall see non-believers...Im almost ready for a 10-6 season after i picked 11-5 earlier in another post..its all in jasons hands...

Mattyk 08-27-2008 02:45 PM

Why isn't Jason Taylor listed as one of our top players?

Looks like his Scouts Inc profile hasn't even been updated. All I found was this

2008 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
Grade: 20 | Key
Alert: None

Comment: null

vaoutlaws2006 08-27-2008 02:46 PM

I've done pay too much attention to any of these so-called experts. I like us flying under the radar. I would agree though i cant believe they dont have our safeties as weakness. But hey lets keep one thing in mind...any given sunday...it comes down to execution in winning games.

Mattyk 08-27-2008 02:50 PM

Seems like most of the consensus here is, well someone has to finish 4th.

Brilliant.

Schneed10 08-27-2008 02:56 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;468269]Seems like most of the consensus here is, well someone has to finish 4th.

Brilliant.[/quote]

If there's one thing for certain in today's NFL it's that the conventional wisdom rarely comes true. Hopefully that bodes well for us here!

Mattyk 08-27-2008 02:59 PM

[quote=Schneed10;468271]If there's one thing for certain in today's NFL it's that the conventional wisdom rarely comes true. Hopefully that bodes well for us here![/quote]

Very true, and that's what is so frustrating about "expert predictions" at times. Why doesn't anyone take a chance?

Slingin Sammy 33 08-27-2008 03:12 PM

[quote=mredskins;468261]why for the life of me do they pick the Eagles second in the NFC East. They suck and have no one to throw to.[/quote]
Excellent secondary, solid overall Defense & OL, experienced and above average QB & HB, experienced Coaching staff. As much as I hate the Eagles, #2 in the division isn't a bad pick.

Schneed10 08-27-2008 03:18 PM

[quote=Slingin Sammy 33;468275]Excellent secondary, solid overall Defense & OL, experienced and above average QB & HB, experienced Coaching staff. As much as I hate the Eagles, #2 in the division isn't a bad pick.[/quote]

Yeah, when they have McNabb and Westbrook healthy they are a very tough team. When they're missing one or both of them, they kinda suck.

But going into this season both are healthy and looking good in preseason. They have to be considered a force until they show otherwise.

J. Spanky 08-27-2008 03:19 PM

lol, i just saw at si.com that they've picked the eagles to play the patriots in tampa. so now you KNOW philly's going 7-9.

i remember a couple years ago they had the panthers and dolphins pegged to go all the way. lmao. neither team has even sniffed the post-season since.

moral of the story: who cares what the 'experts' think. the players decide what happens on the field.

redsk1 08-27-2008 03:19 PM

These guys are no more expert than you or I. From an outsider view though, I don't see us being anywhere but 3rd or 4th in our division. Dallas and NY have to be the favorites.

Prior to the Carolina game, I was very optimistic this team could surprise alot of people, but now...not so sure what to expect.

mredskins 08-27-2008 03:21 PM

[quote=Slingin Sammy 33;468275]Excellent secondary, solid overall Defense & OL, experienced and above average QB & HB, experienced Coaching staff. As much as I hate the Eagles, #2 in the division isn't a bad pick.[/quote]

You are forgetting the age of that team at key postions. Plus you can have the best QB but with no one to throw to what good is he. You don't think people will be stacking the box on Westbrook this season.