Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PostGameHeroes.com: Redskins vs Panthers (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=24778)

SmootSmack 08-27-2008 02:36 PM

PostGameHeroes.com: Redskins vs Panthers

These are fun breakdowns to read

[url=http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=2823#more-2823]Defensive Breakdown: Redskins vs Panthers | postgameheroes.com[/url]

[url=http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=2815#more-2815]Offensive Breakdown: Redskins vs Panthers | postgameheroes.com[/url]

vaoutlaws2006 08-27-2008 02:50 PM

Re: PostGameHeroes.com: Redskins vs Panthers

wow that is quite a breakdown. but the way i see it the only hero from that game was our punter. frost really looks like he is trying to keep his job.

JWsleep 08-27-2008 03:34 PM

Dillweed provides the best skins breakdown on the web, bar none. It's not clear to me what he has time to do besides these detailed breakdowns. Great stuff.

J. Spanky 08-27-2008 03:39 PM

good to see dillweed is back at it. seems he disappeard for a while. not sure this is the game i'm trying to get back into his analysis with though....

GoSkinsGoTerps 08-27-2008 03:53 PM

too bad the stills dont show how slow we were. or maybe thats not so bad

BDBohnzie 08-27-2008 03:56 PM

I've always enjoyed these breakdowns...he's definitely Good to Go...

RMSkins 08-27-2008 03:57 PM

Great defensive breakdown. I agreed with everything he had to say. Doughty supporters really need to take a look at this, and maybe they will change their minds. Doughty gets swallowed up by blockers on a handful of plays, takes horrible angles, is targeted 2 times and gives up plays of 20 and 24 yards and a TD in man coverage against a 2nd string TE. As for people who say Moore had a bad game couldn't be farther from the truth, the only mistake I caught and this breakdown verifies it, Moore took one bad angle on the Stewart TD, which can be chalked up to a rookie mistake. Doughty on the other hand is going into his 4th year in the system and there is no longer any excuses for him to play this poorly. Also, Fletcher and McIntosh looked horrible after watching the game for a third time. Fletcher was constantly out of position, hesitant, and he couldn't shed his blockers. All the LB's looked horrible, hopefully Blache gets this fixed.

JWsleep 08-27-2008 04:05 PM

I feel that Fletch will respond well. Also, I'm hoping that M Washington will be healthy and on the field, and that will help as well, especially with the LB blitz.

Reed is another story. Hopefully Moore will develop quickly, or we're gonna have trouble there. Bad against the run; bad against the pass. That's not going to cut it for Reed.

The most disturbing claim in Dillweed's analysis: Doughty is turning into AA mark II. Just what we don't need!

BleedBurgundy 08-27-2008 04:38 PM

Ah, I missed these breakdowns. Thanks for the link SS.

RMSkins 08-27-2008 04:39 PM

[quote=JWsleep;468299]I feel that Fletch will respond well. Also, I'm hoping that M Washington will be healthy and on the field, and that will help as well, especially with the LB blitz.

Reed is another story. Hopefully Moore will develop quickly, or we're gonna have trouble there. Bad against the run; bad against the pass. That's not going to cut it for Reed.

The most disturbing claim in Dillweed's analysis: Doughty is turning into AA mark II. Just what we don't need![/quote]
I definitely think Fletcher will come back strong, and Washington should be ready to go against the Giants. Dillweed's claim about Doughty turning into AA 2.0 isn't to far from the the truth.

WillH 08-27-2008 04:49 PM

[quote=RMSkins;468310]I definitely think Fletcher will come back strong, and Washington should be ready to go against the Giants. Dillweed's claim about Doughty turning into AA 2.0 isn't to far from the the truth.[/quote]

Ironic . . . you remember why we brought him in don't you? Because he was a similar player to AA that we thought we could develop him.

Careful what you wish for . . .

Gmanc711 08-27-2008 06:50 PM

This guy has to be a millionaire with enough time to do this all day, these breakdowns are incredible.

That Guy 08-27-2008 10:54 PM

doughty was drafted cause he was productive in college (120 tackle/season), but he wasn't in the big east or anything, and he was a bit slow coming in.

i thought he'd be a great backup, and he generally has been... last year he was fine as a starter for the few games he had to cover too, but he'll never be sean taylor, and he's not as good as ryan clark either. you don't generally expect your 6th rounders to do too much more than spot duty and teams though, so i don't really think it's that big a deal, but it does leave us a little light on talent there.

i said the same thing when the "doughty is the most amazing thing ever" crowd came through too. he is what he is, a decent tackler without great speed that's a great backup or teamer (for the most part). he's not as good as the above crowd thinks and not as bad as this thread implies. it was a bad game for everyone - we'll be okay.

GTripp0012 08-29-2008 09:45 PM

Dillweed does really good work, no doubt.

As Smootsmack alluded to in his welcome message to the fourm this year, I plan to bring a feature that will be similar (but not identical) to his breakdowns to the Warpath this year. I plan to chart the games, and breakdown the plays and report on interesting trends, as well as bring some individual statistics that don't show up in the box score into what I hope will become (time permitting) a weekly feature.

I won't give commentary on the play by play like Dillweed does (because he does such a good job, I figure whats the point), but I hope that by midseason, the warpath will have the type of collective data and insight that other places only dream about having.

If, of course, I can get Microsoft Excel to work ;)

GTripp0012 08-29-2008 09:51 PM

The claim about Doughty being a younger Arch is a little unfair to Doughty, who has shown competant coverage skills in the past, and is only going to be in his third year. Arch was good when he was Doughty's age, so the comparison is not very good at all because Doughty figures to improve with age, and their career pathes will likely look very dissimilar when its all said and done.

Even if Doughty is never great in coverage.