Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Heyer will Start against Giants (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=24869)

2BIG2BSKINNY 08-31-2008 08:15 PM

Re: Heyer will Start against Giants

This is a first year coach move!!!

Zorn wants to get the attention of some of the vets around the park and get them to realize that if there play is not up to par, you are gone from the starting line-up. The owners can help dictate who is kept on the roster but Zorn will dictate who will play on Sundays... or Thursday!

Notice to all! Zorn will win or burn on his terms!

I like it!!!

I respect Jansen but his play recently has been bad! Get better from your injuries and work your a** off and get your starting gig back!!

djnemo65 08-31-2008 08:16 PM

No controversy here, Jansen has been completely dominated. I kind of remember reading somewhere that Zorn was interested in cutting Jansen but that it was explained to him to be cap-prohibitive, at least this year.

He`s a great guy and a true Redskin and I`m sure he`ll continue to be a positive influence behind the scenes. I`m also pretty sure he`s gonna be called upon to contribute at some point during what will be a long season.

djnemo65 08-31-2008 08:20 PM

I also think it is ridiculous to argue that this is intended to be a "wake up move." Jansen is not Brandon Lloyd, bumming around and not living up to his contract. He's just old and increasingly ineffective. If you were going to make an example of someone, which I don't think Zorn would, it wouldn`t be Jansen. This is about winning in week one, nothing more.

2BIG2BSKINNY 08-31-2008 08:52 PM

with no games played in Zorn's tenure this IMO is a reputation alone means nothing...he will make the moves that need to be made...like Jansen who was recently unproductive.
Zorn is not cutting Jansen just putting him on notice...elevate your game or you will be gone.

It may be miniscule move that needed to be done but a move that some in the past have not made. Jansen being the stand up guy he is will rebound and recover a bit and hopefully get better in the next couple of weeks...

If history says anything he will be called upon at some time for his services.

ChillWill 08-31-2008 08:56 PM

I think Jansen's teammates also recognized the demise of his play and made it known by not naming him as one of their captains.

GoSkins! 08-31-2008 09:44 PM

What I have not been able to get over is that Jansen seems so oblivious to his drop off in play. It is like he has blinders on when some "no name" DE is pancaking him on the way to a sack. If he would just once say something like "I haven't played at as high of a level yet as I need to, but I'm confident I will get there soon and win back my job. The rust from the injury and missing last year is almost off...", then I'd respect that.

What he does say is:
[LIST][*][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman,times,serif][SIZE=3]"It really doesn't matter how I grade myself,"[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][*][FONT=Times New Roman,times,serif][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]explanations were "nothing that I felt was reason enough."[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][*]I've felt I've done a good job this preseason. I didn't play very well against the Panthers, but neither did anybody else. Until then, I've had lot people in the organization tell me I was having the best camp I've ever had."[/LIST]Sorry, but the guy just doesn't even see whats going on. He has a delusional self image. Maybe this makes him work harder and get back to being a good RT.

wilsowilso 08-31-2008 09:52 PM

[quote=GoSkins!;469907]What I have not been able to get over is that Jansen seems so oblivious to his drop off in play. It is like he has blinders on when some "no name" DE is pancaking him on the way to a sack. If he would just once say something like "I haven't played at as high of a level yet as I need to, but I'm confident I will get there soon and win back my job. The rust from the injury and missing last year is almost off...", then I'd respect that.

Sorry, but the guy just doesn't even see whats going on. He has a delusional self image. Maybe this makes him work harder and get back to being a good RT.[/quote]

Sort of similar thing happened with Olaf Kolzig and the Washington Capitals. Dude had the worst numbers of all starting goalies in the entire league and he was furious that he was replaced. Jansen isn't acting like a jerk or anything, but if he didn't have a clue that he needed to actually fight for his starting role then you can see exactly why he is no longer on the first team.

hesscl34 08-31-2008 10:01 PM

All I have to say is that I want to thank Jansen for his years .. and everything he's done. He is a work horse and he has tried and tried to give his BEST.. he deserves the best.. THANK YOU JANSEN for 11 years!!!

ChillWill 08-31-2008 10:12 PM

[quote=GoSkins!;469907]What I have not been able to get over is that Jansen seems so oblivious to his drop off in play. It is like he has blinders on when some "no name" DE is pancaking him on the way to a sack. If he would just once say something like "I haven't played at as high of a level yet as I need to, but I'm confident I will get there soon and win back my job. The rust from the injury and missing last year is almost off...", then I'd respect that.

Sorry, but the guy just doesn't even see whats going on. He has a delusional self image. Maybe this makes him work harder and get back to being a good RT.[/quote]

My Sentiments exactly. How could he watch himself on tape and think that he was playing well. How did Buges allow him to have such an unrealistic view of his play. As I watched a few practices it was very evident. Heyer played well against NY last year so I am confident he will do well again. Eventually Heyer will be a better run blocker as well.

djnemo65 08-31-2008 10:15 PM

[quote=hesscl34;469910]All I have to say is that I want to thank Jansen for his years .. and everything he's done. He is a work horse and he has tried and tried to give his BEST.. he deserves the best.. THANK YOU JANSEN for 11 years!!![/quote]

11 years? Are you thanking him for his time at Michigan too?

hesscl34 08-31-2008 10:18 PM

[quote=djnemo65;469920]11 years? Are you thanking him for his time at Michigan too?[/quote]

Jansen was going into his 11th year here with the Skins...

skinsfan_nn 08-31-2008 10:37 PM

[quote=hesscl34;469921]Jansen was going into his 11th year here with the Skins...[/quote]

Jansen was drafted by the Skins in 1999.

hesscl34 08-31-2008 10:41 PM

[quote=skinsfan_nn;469933]Jansen was drafted by the Skins in 1999.[/quote]

Which would make his 11th year 09.. begining this year... I'm sorry, was I off my 6 months.. my bad.. Whatever.. .. (rolling my eyes)

skinsfan_nn 08-31-2008 10:47 PM

[quote=hesscl34;469936]Which would make his 11th year 09.. begining this year... I'm sorry, was I off my 6 months.. my bad.. Whatever.. .. (rolling my eyes)[/quote]

Roll on....maybe this will simplify it for you. JJ is going on his 10th season with the Skins! Pretty simple to understand.

[url=http://www.nfl.com/players/jonjansen/profile?id=JAN692150]Jon Jansen[/url]

hesscl34 08-31-2008 10:48 PM

[quote=skinsfan_nn;469939]Roll on....maybe this will simplify it for you. JJ is going on his 10th season with the Skins! Pretty simple to understand.

[URL="http://www.nfl.com/players/jonjansen/profile?id=JAN692150"]Jon Jansen[/URL][/quote]

Um, I'm not looking it up, but I was pretty sure last year was his 10th...